Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2024, 05:11 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
I know your post wasn't directed to me but, I wanted to point out this part:

"wondering why some of you seem to get the answers and others of us are left with silence."

That's the challenge. How does a person know if they are getting answers? Maybe they think they are getting answers but they really aren't. For those left in silence, perhaps the answer came to them but they ignored it, missed it, or overlooked it.

Oftentimes, people give up and just live their lives not paying any attention to God or they proclaim themselves as Christians but they choose not to go too deep into their faith. They just go to church, pray, and be happy.
For 65 years?

Just another iteration of "it's your own fault".

Old 01-05-2024, 05:19 PM

1,339 posts, read 649,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
For 65 years?

Just another iteration of "it's your own fault".
I'm much younger than you but even I can't track the amount of times I doubted God, went back to God, or thought I saw a "sign" from God.

You're telling me that for 65 years, you got absolute no answers? Truthfully, nobody will have an answer until after they die. The answers we currently have is based on faith and speculation. So you may get close to an answer but not completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2024, 06:34 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
I'm much younger than you but even I can't track the amount of times I doubted God, went back to God, or thought I saw a "sign" from God.

You're telling me that for 65 years, you got absolute no answers? Truthfully, nobody will have an answer until after they die. The answers we currently have is based on faith and speculation. So you may get close to an answer but not completely.
The answers we seek are contained in the Bible.

Old 01-05-2024, 06:35 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post
The answers man seeks are actually contained in Buddhist scriptures.

(See, we can make those kinds of statements, too)

Old 01-05-2024, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Rote and thoughtless answer, as usual, but remember, I know that same Bible you do. I know what it says, and I know what I believed because of what it said, and I know what turned out not be true about what it said.

"It will be GREAT when we're dead!!!" might be enough for you. That same Bible says that help and comfort and God's presence could be ours in THIS life, too, if we believed, but that belief only brought loneliness and despair. I had to walk away from it to find relief.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:28 PM

1,339 posts, read 649,340 times
Quote:
Rote and thoughtless answer, as usual, but remember, I know that same Bible you do. I know what it says, and I know what I believed because of what it said, and I know what turned out not be true about what it said.

"It will be GREAT when we're dead!!!" might be enough for you. That same Bible says that help and comfort and God's presence could be ours in THIS life, too, if we believed, but that belief only brought loneliness and despair. I had to walk away from it to find relief.
Everyone has their own journey. I don't care how old you are, whether you are 25 years old or 72. It may take your entire life to find peace with God. Some find it when they are young. Some find it when they hit 50. Others find it on their 80th birthday. Everyone is different.

Christianity has brought peace to many people. To others, like yourself, it brought the exact opposite: loneliness and despair.

In my opinion, religion has become twisted and corrupt. We are all constantly trying to find answers just as you have been trying to do. Sometimes, we find it in the bible. Sometimes we don't. I think once we ignore all the noise, all the bull****, all the chaos and just focus on clarity of mind, things start to come together.

But hey, that's just me. You've been on this planet longer than I have....you most likely have more wisdom and experience than me.

Old 01-06-2024, 12:59 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
Quote:
Especially that story about the 200 foreskins. That's where all the answers are about the universe.

Old 01-06-2024, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Everyone has their own journey. I don't care how old you are, whether you are 25 years old or 72. It may take your entire life to find peace with God. Some find it when they are young. Some find it when they hit 50. Others find it on their 80th birthday. Everyone is different.

Christianity has brought peace to many people. To others, like yourself, it brought the exact opposite: loneliness and despair.

In my opinion, religion has become twisted and corrupt. We are all constantly trying to find answers just as you have been trying to do. Sometimes, we find it in the bible. Sometimes we don't. I think once we ignore all the noise, all the bull****, all the chaos and just focus on clarity of mind, things start to come together.

But hey, that's just me. You've been on this planet longer than I have....you most likely have more wisdom and experience than me.
I find peace more in natural settings. The woods, by water.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-06-2024 at 07:00 AM..

Old 01-06-2024, 08:41 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
That is when you are closest to God's presence without the distractions of human origin, IMO. Meditation does it for me. I can attain a meditative state within five minutes no matter where I am.

Old 01-06-2024, 08:46 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Is it possible you are experiencing the peace of God in those settings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality