Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 06:58 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Of COURSE Catholics are Christians!

Do they believe Jesus was the Son of God?
Do they believe the way to salvation is to follow Jesus?

Yes and yes. Done!
That is about as far as you can get in terms of consensus among Christians regarding what constitutes being one.

Old 01-11-2024, 03:10 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No it does NOT! It is the ignorance of humanity that anyone thinks our salvation is up to us. It is not and never was. It is entirely the work of Jesus who is God incarnate. That is why He was to become one of us from the very foundation of creation! What WE BECOME is up to us, not our salvation. That depends entirely on OUR choices in this life. Believing Jesus will either have an impact on that or not!

God IS Spirit. God IS Holy. Ergo, the Holy Spirit IS God. Believing that Jesus represents God's Holy Spirit in a human is what defines a Christian, NOT any "precepts and doctrines of men." Misidentifying the Holy Spirit as the scriptures instead of Jesus is and has been the primary failure of dogma, IMO.
The fact that you can't see the irony of your own words is astounding. It's truly incredible how so unaware you are.

Old 01-11-2024, 04:17 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The fact that you can't see the irony of your own words is astounding. It's truly incredible how so unaware you are.
Are you talking to yourself?

Old 01-11-2024, 05:01 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
It seems you are projecting your obtuseness onto me, BF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Are you talking to yourself?
See, Phet sees it as well!! I suspect most posters see it in your posts, BF.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:06 AM

Quote:
You're the one telling us it's not up to us, and then in the next sentence chastising those that believe what God has said in his word for not believing the shroom-vision you got 20 years ago

Old 01-12-2024, 09:09 AM

16,774 posts, read 4,979,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That may have been confusing on my part. I wasn't saying Peter never went to Rome at all, just that he didn't go there and do the things that followed, tongue-in-cheek, in my sentence.

I do believe he was in Rome and died there.
Your post was not confusing, I just took the opportunity to explain how the early Christian texts when read on their own appear to show a different form of Christianity than the one we know now.

Old 01-12-2024, 09:16 AM

Quote:

See, Phet sees it as well!! I suspect most posters see it in your posts, BF.
Quote:
You're the one telling us it's not up to us, and then in the next sentence chastising those that believe what God has said in his word for not believing the shroom-vision you got 20 years ago
Misunderstanding the Bible as the word of God instead of Jesus is and has been the primary source of your mistaken views of God and Jesus. I did not come to Christinaity because of the dogma. I adopted Christianity because of the persona of Jesus and His "mind of Christ." That you still equate personhood with your body and not your mind is also problematic. We are all "minds" (Spirits) NOT the physical bodies ("spiritual wombs") that nurture our Spirits. I have never used "shrooms" or any other substance except alcohol in my youth. I was completely sober and in full control of my senses when I encountered God. I find it odd that my experience confirms your belief that Jesus IS God but you reject it because of the wrathful War God our ancestors believed in.

Old 01-12-2024, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Misunderstanding the Bible as the word of God instead of Jesus is and has been the primary source of your mistaken views of God and Jesus. I did not come to Christinaity because of the dogma. I adopted Christianity because of the persona of Jesus and His "mind of Christ." That you still equate personhood with your body and not your mind is also problematic. We are all "minds" (Spirits) NOT the physical bodies ("spiritual wombs") that nurture our Spirits. I have never used "shrooms" or any other substance except alcohol in my youth. I was completely sober and in full control of my senses when I encountered God. I find it odd that my experience confirms your belief that Jesus IS God but you reject it because of the wrathful War God our ancestors believed in.
blah blah blah "barbaric" blah blah blah "charlatans!" blah blah blah "mistaken views of God" blah blah blah

We've heard it all before, here and on your other posts. You're a one-trick pony.

Old 01-12-2024, 10:25 AM

Quote:
blah blah blah "barbaric" blah blah blah "charlatans!" blah blah blah "mistaken views of God" blah blah blah

We've heard it all before, here and on your other posts. You're a one-trick pony.
There IS only ONE God, BF! How many ponies do you think there are???

Old 01-12-2024, 03:33 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
That is about as far as you can get in terms of consensus among Christians regarding what constitutes being one.
You can't even get that far. I believe in Jesus Christ and worship Him, but apparently it's the "wrong Jesus." Nobody's been able to tell me, though, how many options I supposedly have to choose from. I thought there was only one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality