Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 08:21 PM

7,075 posts, read 6,991,493 times

Advertisements

Wars produce casualties - right? Collateral damage which affects ordinary people on both sides. Churches raise money for the casualties of war. So for example, some churches might raise money for the {current war} who have lost their homes or to send aid or medicine to the war zones.

Assuming this money goes to the right places and does actually help those people who have become homeless etc due to the war.

The church is helping one side and not the other, so you are in effect taking sides by giving money to these charities. How is that NOT keeping the war going?

OK, so there ARE charities which are essentially neutral, maybe the Red Cross and Medicine sans Frontiers etc so I acknowledge those as trying to be neutral, but the ones which pop up and take our money are essentially (often) supporting the underdog.

How much do you consider this type of thing when you give to the church collection and how much of it should YOU be responsible for keeping the war going.

If the world population wanted to stop wars, then the people could do that. By not voicing your disapproval to your government you are condoning what is happening. How can you go to church and pray for peace when you are possibly actively encouraging the wars by donating to one side of the conflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2024, 10:17 PM

19,251 posts, read 27,909,590 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...orted-war.html

Old 06-15-2024, 09:12 AM

37,704 posts, read 61,818,980 times
The last church that I attended has a number of Israel-American dual citizens, who have served in the IDF, and after Hamas attacked Israel they rushed back to Israel to serve again.

Old 06-15-2024, 11:05 PM

Supporting war (the other thread) and taking sides is a different kettle of fish - particularly when it is obscured from plain sight sometimes by the choice of charity.
Sometimes it is not obvious which side the charity supports from the name or whoever chooses the charities may have their own agenda. Coupled with the fact that some in the congregation probably do not think too much, other than they are giving to charity which ticks their box for the weeks good deed.

Old 06-15-2024, 11:36 PM

23,368 posts, read 10,654,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Wars produce casualties - right? Collateral damage which affects ordinary people on both sides. Churches raise money for the casualties of war. So for example, some churches might raise money for the {current war} who have lost their homes or to send aid or medicine to the war zones.

Assuming this money goes to the right places and does actually help those people who have become homeless etc due to the war.

The church is helping one side and not the other, so you are in effect taking sides by giving money to these charities. How is that NOT keeping the war going?

OK, so there ARE charities which are essentially neutral, maybe the Red Cross and Medicine sans Frontiers etc so I acknowledge those as trying to be neutral, but the ones which pop up and take our money are essentially (often) supporting the underdog.

How much do you consider this type of thing when you give to the church collection and how much of it should YOU be responsible for keeping the war going.

If the world population wanted to stop wars, then the people could do that. By not voicing your disapproval to your government you are condoning what is happening. How can you go to church and pray for peace when you are possibly actively encouraging the wars by donating to one side of the conflict.
If a church is raising money, I would assume it was to go for the orphans and widows of Jews.

Jesus, his disciples and countless of people sold all they owned to support Jewish widows, the elderly Jewish and the disabled Jewish.

Anyone can have a different opinion but what they actually did with their tithes supported Jewish people in Judaism, not Gentiles, Gentilles were to come to support Israel, not themselves.

Now where does the church stand?

Half the church teaches replacement theory, should we then send our money to the new Jews?

I dont see the whole world United against Christianity, but I see the whole world against Israel against the only people practicing the religion of messiah, the religion Jesus walked in.

After God already told us that he would bring all nations against Israel, how can we not see that this is reality?

Old 06-16-2024, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If a church is raising money, I would assume it was to go for the orphans and widows of Jews.

Jesus, his disciples and countless of people sold all they owned to support Jewish widows, the elderly Jewish and the disabled Jewish.

Anyone can have a different opinion but what they actually did with their tithes supported Jewish people in Judaism, not Gentiles, Gentilles were to come to support Israel, not themselves.

Now where does the church stand?

Half the church teaches replacement theory, should we then send our money to the new Jews?

I dont see the whole world United against Christianity, but I see the whole world against Israel against the only people practicing the religion of messiah, the religion Jesus walked in.

After God already told us that he would bring all nations against Israel, how can we not see that this is reality?
Does it make you feel better to be a victim? Does it justify anything you believe? Your reality is seen through your eyes and does not necessarily reflect the reality as seen through the eyes of others.

I dont think you can assume anything these days, and besides a more general idea of suffering would recognize that people of both sides in a conflict are going to be in need of help.

So, it seems to me from the above, if it was your choice, you would limit the aid to only be given to Jews?

Do we think our God would approve of such a limitation? But then, I suppose if we believe the one true God is the God we worship, then I guess he would only be looking after the faithful. This does not raise some red flags when looking at your belief system then?

Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM

13,930 posts, read 8,191,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Are you referring to the prophecy in Zechariah 14:2?

Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Status: "BAGA - Be a Great American: Expose far-right lies daily" (set 7 days ago)

11,315 posts, read 7,348,041 times
If you do your contributing yourself, directly, then you don't have to worry about what a church would do with it. A lot of matters work better without church / organizational handling.

Maybe *we* are taking sides by putting control in the hands of others, when it should be us. DIY.

Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Does it make you feel better to be a victim? Does it justify anything you believe? Your reality is seen through your eyes and does not necessarily reflect the reality as seen through the eyes of others.

I dont think you can assume anything these days, and besides a more general idea of suffering would recognize that people of both sides in a conflict are going to be in need of help.

So, it seems to me from the above, if it was your choice, you would limit the aid to only be given to Jews?

Do we think our God would approve of such a limitation? But then, I suppose if we believe the one true God is the God we worship, then I guess he would only be looking after the faithful. This does not raise some red flags when looking at your belief system then?
I am no victim, who told you that?

O, you thought I was Jewish?

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Are you referring to the prophecy in Zechariah 14:2?
Talking a out a great deal of prophecy, even Jesus told us that if we walk as he did, even your family would hate you, and that's just the truth. If you walk in the same religion Jesus's walked, the world does hate you. The world hated Jews because they wont stop doing what God demanded them to do.

The world is Pagan, and Jews cant become pagans, they cant rationalize, they cant assimilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality