Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 09:31 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
May you practice mercy and grace and forgiveness to those who have hurt you and dont agree with you..... there are no lone rangers in the kingdom of God....we are but sand paper to one another , rubbing each other the wrong way only shows us our weakness and strength may you learn from us the weakness and strength you posses by the fellowship of those here. learn to be humble, it will only cost you your pride.

I walk alone.

Peace.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by Mickiel
Quote:
I post here to share my views, nothing more, nothingless.
Why the need to share?

Quote:
I walk alone.
That is a untrue.
Whenever you post here and read the post of others who react to your postings you are walking in their company.
No man is an island, especially when he is communicating with others.

What people believe and what truly is often are 2 different things.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:46 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,405 times
Mickiel... why do you think God will come to you just by reading words? Hopefully, you have some kind of practice for yourself so you are not just engaging in worshipping a book.

This is what I object to in Christianity, the idea that the Bible has some kind of intrinsic meaning. In reality, it's a bunch of words. The words only have meaning if they move us to reflect on our own life. Otherwise the bible is useless. So many Christians I meet, are eager to apply certain verses to others, and yet not apply other verses to themselves. So, I think the beginning of any genuine spirituality is self-analysis and reflection.

Buddhism is a good example of the opposite approach. We cannot know other peoples' hearts for certain, therefore, we should abstain from judging others as much as possible. Ultimately the only things we can truely know are our own experiences.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Mickiel Why the need to share? quote

I don't need to share, I just like doing it. Its something I like doing, not something I need to do.

That is a untrue.
Whenever you post here and read the post of others who react to your postings you are walking in their company.
No man is an island, especially when he is communicating with others.

What people believe and what truly is often are 2 different things.

As I have stated, I walk alone. I interact with others when that occurs, but my walk with God is alone, because I do not yet know him.

Peace.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
Mickiel... why do you think God will come to you just by reading words? Hopefully, you have some kind of practice for yourself so you are not just engaging in worshipping a book.

This is what I object to in Christianity, the idea that the Bible has some kind of intrinsic meaning. In reality, it's a bunch of words. The words only have meaning if they move us to reflect on our own life. Otherwise the bible is useless. So many Christians I meet, are eager to apply certain verses to others, and yet not apply other verses to themselves. So, I think the beginning of any genuine spirituality is self-analysis and reflection.

Buddhism is a good example of the opposite approach. We cannot know other peoples' hearts for certain, therefore, we should abstain from judging others as much as possible. Ultimately the only things we can truely know are our own experiences.

Well I also object to Christianity, and Buddhism too. I don't know if God will ever come to me, but I like reading the bible.

I just like it. I like the book.

And I like the God it speaks of.

Peace.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
As I have stated, I walk alone. I interact with others when that occurs, but my walk with God is alone, because I do not yet know him.
When you walk in the company of others knowing the people you walk with is irrelevant.
Whenever you react to their statements or questions you are acknowledging that you are not walking alone.

My guess is that you don't want to be 'influenced' by others.
Unfortunately the by-product of communicating with others is that you influence them and also are influenced by them.
Communication without influencing others and not be influenced by them is impossible.

Last edited by Tricky D; 08-24-2008 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-24-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel When you walk in the company of others knowing the people you walk with is irrelevant.
Whenever you react to their statements or questions you are acknowledging that you are not walking alone.

My guess is that you don't want to be 'influenced' by others.
Unfortunately the by-product of communicating with others is that you influence them and also are influenced by them.
Communication without influencing others and not be influenced by them is impossible.

Well I can agree with you there. But with me, or you, it is impossible, but if I ever get to know God, then it will be possible for me not to be influenced by others.

And thats what I look forward too, because other humans hold nothing that intrest me.

Peace.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
And thats what I look forward too, because other humans hold nothing that intrest me.
How can you be sure that they have nothing that interests you when you don't even know them (personally)?

Or is it that you don't want to be interested in other people in the 1st place?
(btw there is no need to answer my questions; I just find it odd that your actions do not reflect your philosophy).

Old 08-24-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel How can you be sure that they have nothing that interests you when you don't even know them (personally)?

Or is it that you don't want to be interested in other people in the 1st place?
(btw there is no need to answer my questions; I just find it odd that your actions do not reflect your philosophy).

Your evaluation of my thoughts is meaningless to me.

My thoughts take no hold in what others think, but are molded by nothing that people think amoung themselves.

Peace

Old 08-24-2008, 06:59 PM

897 posts, read 2,457,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
No Jesus is not God, Jesus is Jesus, his Father is God.

I use the New Scofield study bible.

The accuracy of the bible has nothing to do with the Power of God teaching a human.

I do not need a Torah.

And I am learning nothing from humans.

Peace.
The beginning of the understanding of god is to learn the beginning of his bible. If you do not start their you will never understand his mind. (would you read any self help novel backwards)I have read your post and as much as you like it or not you still have Christian doctrine in your Ideas. Salvation first of all is not thru any man especially Christ but you would know that if you read the beginning of the story of god. Good luck you are in for a challenging ride. Most of your post I have read are mostly New Testament which unfortunately can be removed if you started from the beginning. But sorry to say I have faith that your mind can not accept the true god because it goes against your belief system that you accepted a while ago. I hope you have nothing against the Jews because they supposedly wrote the majority of the bible. Some have different beliefs.

By you saying you reject the torah is like smacking god in the Mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality