Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 04:47 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,231,007 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Mickiel
Quote:
Humanity is a product of God, and self awareness is a byproduct of the amazing gift of life.
What about the possibility that God might be a product of humanity?

If the ego = becoming self-aware, God must be everything which is not the ego.

Quote:
Thus humanity has been reduced within their minds, as a self improvement process.
I'd say that God had always been reduced to the mind.
But I agree that God could be a by-product of the process of becoming self-aware.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:51 PM

897 posts, read 2,457,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Man, I am not going to sit down and talk to a rabbi, they know nothing that I need to know. I refuse to sit down and learn from any human about God, not when I can learn directly from God himself. Torah is knowledge to you, it is meaningless to me.

But you do your thing, what you do is simply not for me.

Peace.
So let me ask you Do you Believe Jesus is God.
What Bible are you using?
How can you learn directly from god when it is possible your bible is not even accurate? You will need a stone edition tanach or Torah to Gets gods words correctly. If you are using NIV and KJV thoses are very inaccurate text. So you are learning more from humans than god.But you would never know that because you do not want to listen to humans.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by shibainu
Quote:
How can you learn directly from god when it is possible your bible is not even accurate?
The same way you can learn from stories even when they are only fictional.
There is a reason why myths and fairy tales are part of our (non-fictional) history.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:01 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by shibainu The same way you can learn from stories even when they are only fictional.
There is a reason why myths and fairy tales are part of our (non-fictional) history.
Good point but remember the game telephone when we were in grade school. This is where everyone gets in a line and the first person whispers to the other and they continue to do that till they get too the last person. That last person has to tell everyone what was said. Typically it is with a lot of error. So oral traditions over 1000's of years get finally written down there are errors. When people misinterpret it due to language barrier it could have a total different meaning as well. There are some books like the stone edition torah that has kept the language the same for hundreds of years. These types of books are more accurate picture of the story. Next time I write I will give you an example of the change in storys where their could be a whole different meaning or picture.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by shibainu
Quote:
This is where everyone gets in a line and the first person whispers to the other and they continue to do that till they get too the last person.
What is your point?
Stories, like language itself is alive; they change with the time.
There are only a few original stories anywayz, the rest are just variations.

Besidez, the value of the lesson is not in the story itself, but in how you apply the wisdom of the story to everyday reality.
Otherwise the story is just 1 long quote.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:18 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
So let me ask you Do you Believe Jesus is God.
What Bible are you using?
How can you learn directly from god when it is possible your bible is not even accurate? You will need a stone edition tanach or Torah to Gets gods words correctly. If you are using NIV and KJV thoses are very inaccurate text. So you are learning more from humans than god.But you would never know that because you do not want to listen to humans.

No Jesus is not God, Jesus is Jesus, his Father is God.

I use the New Scofield study bible.

The accuracy of the bible has nothing to do with the Power of God teaching a human.

I do not need a Torah.

And I am learning nothing from humans.

Peace.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mickiel
Quote:
And I am learning nothing from humans.
Then why are you posting here?
If you truly believe that you can learn nothing from humans, other people also can't learn anything from you.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:14 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,588 times
May you practice mercy and grace and forgiveness to those who have hurt you and dont agree with you..... there are no lone rangers in the kingdom of God....we are but sand paper to one another , rubbing each other the wrong way only shows us our weakness and strength may you learn from us the weakness and strength you posses by the fellowship of those here. learn to be humble, it will only cost you your pride.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:49 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

The God of the bible is NOTHING like the humans who believe in him.

God is more Loving than humans, more Kind than humans, more Peaceful than humans are running around teaching him to be. More Patient and more Joyful than humans teach him to be. Much more Gentle than these hell fire condemnation sermons you hear believers preaching.

That brings to mind one of my favorite quotes, spoken by Ghandi:

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

I don't mean this as a religious attack (far from it), but I do see it as a bit of an eye-opener.

How are we to find truth, when we can't agree on what that truth should be?

Old 08-23-2008, 09:30 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Mickiel Then why are you posting here?
If you truly believe that you can learn nothing from humans, other people also can't learn anything from you.

I am not posting here to learn. And I am not expecting anyone to learn from me. I care as less about learning from others, as I do others learning from me, its meaningless.

I post here to share my views, nothing more, nothingless.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality