Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:28 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
A biblical Christian is not concerned with the respect or reputation we receive from people outside the faith. Those are not the things we seek after. We seek to please the Father. Period.

And yes, we are becoming a minority in these last days. The Bible warns us that we will. It warns us that we will be hated, persecuted and even put to death. Yet, we still carry on believing, regardless the price, because we know He's real. Do you think Christians would give their lives for a lie or for pretty poetry?

The hypocrisy of the world is that all faiths are supposed to be of equal merit and all are tolerated... except Christianity. (Just as the Bible predicted.)
well said when i get some rep i will share.
tolerance is good. however with extreme prolonged tolerance comes a fuzzyness of sense of principle.
since true christians do not force their beliefs on others, they pose no threat to other religions and leave them in peace. but to assume that all religion is equal and that satanic worship and black voodoo magic is harmless and is used to accomplish good, is great folly. trust me on this one, harry potter & his friends are not nice people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 01:05 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And there is the reason why it will never happen. It is that kind of narrowminded thinking that will never be tolerant of anything that you will never believe in. You're incapable of believing the fact that there are other religions out there just as sacred as your own, however you are becoming a minority in that thinking. You will never have respect for them and because of that they will never have respect for you and that is why there is continued strife in this world, because of such narrowminded thinking. Just my opinion and observance.
I don't think Marianinark is narrowminded. I think he or she knows the truth. And I think you are allowing your world view to rise above that truth. The prophecies of the Bible do not lie. And what this world is facing was spoken of in the Bible long ago. I believe Marianinark understands this, and I believe you don't have a clue. The Jews are not back in Israel by accident, and Jerusalems East Gate remains sealed for a reason.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:39 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
I have seen you use " Jerusalem's east gate remains sealed" as proof of prophesies many times, but I fail to find those words anywhere in the bible. The closest thing to that I find is this, but that can't be it...It merely says the gate was shut. Could you direct me?

Ezekiel 44:1 - Then He brought me back the way of the Gate of the outward sanctuary which looks toward the East; and it was shut.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:55 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Do you think Christians would give their lives for a lie or for pretty poetry?
Are you really asking this?
If so, the obvious answer is: Yes, but only because they think that they know the Truth.
I know, I know...end times, end times, end times.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:09 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I would say that this is a sign that people are starting to use their minds and think for themselves and that maybe there will come a time when we can all come together as one people, tolerant of all beliefs or non-beliefs and then maybe there will be peace and harmony in this world. Just my humble opinion.
I totally agree. I found the article to be a positive sign. Intolerance of other religions and Bible literalism scares me as much as Islamic extremism. Luckily Christian extremists, according to this poll, are a small minority of Americans.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:09 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
To any logical athiest I would ask..HOW can ALL the ways to God be right - when they contradict each other. One believes in Reincarnation, one in NOTHING, another in Heaven on a new earth and another in Heaven. It is impossible for ALL these ways to be right. One must be right the others must be false.....that surely is the logical conclusion.

Secondly, where did the world come from. You say from Evolution but this HAS NOT been proven. And how can monkeys change into humans, why aren't they still changing into humans. so many questions that Evolution does not answer. Surely, it makes more sense to believe in a CREATOR? Why is this so difficult for you to believe. Your house was created by someone, your watch was created. They didn't just COME ABOUT!! If the earth was any closer to the earth we would be burnt, any further away and we burn freeze.....how can all this be conincidence? To me a creator God is a logical thing to believe. Just because we cannot see him does not mean he is not there.

Physics admit that there many be alternative realities alongside ours. Could one of these alternative realities be the spiritual domain where God resides?

Lastly, Jesus is the big difference from all other religions. Jesus is God come to earth as a man. Through him you can have the assurance of eternal life in heaven. It is something that has happened to us christians - an experience that comes from inside our soul - we are telling the truth when we say that Jesus has made ALL the difference to our lives. Not that we are perfect, just that we have had our eyes opened to the truth that yes, Jesus is the Son of God and what he said when he was on this earth is true.

It just comes down to if you believe Jesus was the Son of God or that he wasn't. But not all beliefs are true - it is impossible.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:14 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
Yup. That's my intention. To make it very clear and straight forward. I definitely don't have a bit of "well maybe there is another way, or there could be several paths through different (prophets) exct." I'll never go for that, ever. That to me is anti-christ doctrine. A delusional deception sweeping the world. I quickly get away from anyone teaching any kind of universalism, or that Jesus was only a prophet, or that there are different ways for everyone to go to heaven.
I use my education in Western Civilization and religious studies to conclude that there's absolutely no possible way any one religion or sect within a religion can be the one, true, and only correct religion. I just don't understand how anyone can just believe they have all the answers and base it on blind faith.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:19 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I use my education in Western Civilization and religious studies to conclude that there's absolutely no possible way any one religion or sect within a religion can be the one, true, and only correct religion. I just don't understand how anyone can just believe they have all the answers and base it on blind faith.
what if I said that the one true religion wasnt based on religion at all..but on Jesus? All of the answers can be found in the Bible. Do I think I understand it all? no

Old 06-24-2008, 12:21 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Secondly, where did the world come from. You say from Evolution but this HAS NOT been proven.
Evolution HAS been proven. The theories of how it happens have not been proven. I bet you don't even have an adequate understanding of evolution or the word theory when it relates to science.
Quote:
And how can monkeys change into humans, why aren't they still changing into humans.
Common creationist stereotypes of evolution. Who has said we came from monkeys? Don't worry, I'll wait.
Quote:
Surely, it makes more sense to believe in a CREATOR?
In your opinion.
Quote:
Why is this so difficult for you to believe.
There are many flaws and holes in the concept of creation.
Quote:
Your house was created by someone, your watch was created. They didn't just COME ABOUT!!
The earth didn't either. Rejecting the notion of a god doesn't mean the universe just came about. Obviously, you are ignorant of science and the universe in general.
Quote:
If the earth was any closer to the earth we would be burnt, any further away and we burn freeze.....how can all this be conincidence?
It isn't, but that doesn't make some imaginary invisible man in the sky responsible for it.
Quote:
To me a creator God is a logical thing to believe.
When you can address infinite regression, then you can call the concept of god logical. Until then, you're stuck in the realm of faith.
Quote:
Just because we cannot see him does not mean he is not there.
We can't see air or gravity, but we can prove they exist.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Quote:
To any logical athiest I would ask..HOW can ALL the ways to God be right - when they contradict each other.
I don't think you'll find any atheist who can answer that. Atheism means not believing in God.

Quote:
One believes in Reincarnation, one in NOTHING, another in Heaven on a new earth and another in Heaven. It is impossible for ALL these ways to be right. One must be right the others must be false.....that surely is the logical conclusion.
Who says any one religion is right?
I say every religion is wrong. The contradictions among each other are meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality