Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 05:33 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by camping!Even then this is not a certainty.
What would you do if it turns out that your child has become a serial killer?
Would you protect society or just your child?
I mean serial predators once were children too.
Sometimes deciding which action would be the right thing to do could be the most difficult thing to do in life.
Well, that is true. Way too many variables in the question!

Anyone you would die for Tricky?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 05:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
people that have protected it in the past more than once.
i want you to guarantee me i won't die.
a bridge too far ---james caan

Old 06-29-2008, 05:43 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Originally Posted by camping!
Quote:
Anyone you would die for Tricky?
I would've donated a kidney to my mother, but she wouldn't accept it because she couldn't stand the possibility that her body would reject it.
Luckily she got her donor kidney from a unanimous donor.
I would also have given my life to save that of my father's.

Although I will not sacrifice my life to safe that of my little brother's.
I will not forgive him for the things he has said and done in life, especially for his actions shortly after my father's funeral.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:35 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,710,771 times
My husband and my best friend. They are the only two in this world at this time I'd trust my life to. I have 3 kids and I would never want to put that burden on them.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:19 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by camping!I would've donated a kidney to my mother, but she wouldn't accept it because she couldn't stand the possibility that her body would reject it.
Luckily she got her donor kidney from a unanimous donor.
I would also have given my life to save that of my father's.

Although I will not sacrifice my life to safe that of my little brother's.
I will not forgive him for the things he has said and done in life, especially for his actions shortly after my father's funeral.
I will give you a true story and you can use it as you like.
I had a great Uncle born in 1895. He was one of five children and had shouldered much of the burden of taking care of his brothers and sisters during the period of WW I, and the Depression. In the late 1940’s during the period when his parents and two siblings died he and his sister had a falling out. The family never understood what it was about, and as the years went on the distance between them just grew out of any understandable proportion. His sister died in the 70’s, and he in the 80’s with each never speaking to each other again, and each not really understands why.
I was a child in the 60’s and knew and liked both of them. I was also at the age that could get away with asking questions which were none of my business. My only answers came in the form "it is just too late to correct the problem, or we just don’t know how to start over". He lost a sister and she her brother over something that was of little value, and most likely due to the stress that comes when family losses a member.
They held a grudge over something they did not remember 40 years later, and the loss was much greater in that they lost each other. I remember this now as my family gets older. What is of value is not the pride, or money. It is the family. I think this is true for both the religious and the non religious.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by cncracer
Quote:
It is the family.
Be that as it may, I hold no love for hypocrites and my brother is 1.
For 20+ years I've tried to change that but what happened at my father's funeral is the last straw that broke the camel's back.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:23 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,105 times
I have had to trust doctors with my life...really had no choice. Otherwise...it's a hard calkl. I know a couple of people who might die for me...well, maybe one person...but that's not the same thing.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
topic
Only myself.

Others to a far, far, far lesser extent.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:54 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Tricky D wrote:
Quote:
I would've donated a kidney to my mother, but she wouldn't accept it because she couldn't stand the possibility that her body would reject it.
I'd consider donating a little toe if it would save someone's life but certainly not one of the big ones.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by MontanaGuy
Quote:
I'd consider donating a little toe if it would save someone's life but certainly not one of the big ones.
Sure, but it truly is hell if you are in need of a donor organ, because the shortage of donor organs truly is great.
Luckily my mom was born with only just 1 kidney but no MD noticed this fact while she had delivered 2 children.

I guess that if my father had known that my mother only had 1 kidney he would not have risked my mother getting pregnant. Pregnant women with only 1 kidney have a heightened risk of dying while giving birth.
Like my father I am not a gambling man, especially when it concerns the people I love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality