U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 05:27 AM

352 posts, read 372,163 times

Advertisements

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim: In the Name of The Only GOD, The Beneficent, The Merciful. As salaamu alaikum: The Peace Be Upon You. Why choose a devil? 1John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

I am not blaming Prophet Jesus, PBUH for this apparent mistake. It is my contention that the New Testament, and The Gospel by Barnabas, were both tampered with or altered during the meetings of the councils of Nicea. But, I am now hearing that the New Testament was not re-compiled at these council meetings.

Judas Iscariot’s history is none too clear. Although Judas Iscariot, had supposedly "bear false witness" to the priests regarding the teachings of Prophet 'Issa PBUH; the Herod, Pilate, Annas, Caiaphas, Bible scenario concerning Prophet 'Issa [Jesus, PBUH], is nonsense, as it was not Prophet Issa [Jesus, PBUH], son of Mary, that was killed and crucified. See the following link in regards to one "Rabbi Yeshua Ben Pandera" who was killed and crucified. The Historical Jesus and Mythical Christ

[Re: Matthew 26:57,59-68; Matthew 27; Mark 15; Luke 23; John 18:13,14; 19-40; John 19].

4:157. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

4:158. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise; Yusuf Ali's Quran Translation

There is conflict involved in the stories regarding Judas Iscariot, found in the gospel by Barnabas -- and in the New Testament; re: another Judas, (the good Judas) also called Jude, in the New Testament - John 14:22 "Judas (not Iscariot) saith unto him, Lord, what is come to pass that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?" [ASV]. I have read this The Gospel of Barnabas and the New Testament with an open mind. It may be surprising to learn that both Judas and Jesus, PBUH, underwent the same peculiar episodes -- Judas, in the gospel by barnabas, and Jesus PBUH, in the New Testament. But, Prophet Jesus' PBUH, "crucifixion" was of a "mystical" nature, the story in the New Testament, being a strict allegory. Tampering is common but forgery does not exist in the gospel by Barnabas! So, of necessity there must be another reason for its being condemned; that reason being, it’s steadfast Truth.
2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. Jude1

The Gospel of Barnabas - Index

PBUH = Peace and Blessings be Upon Him

Wassalaam. devotee

Last edited by devotee; 07-07-2008 at 05:44 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,277 times
Hi,
If I were a general and had a large army of soldiers ready to do battle but was in peace time, there would be no way to tell how "good" my fighting soldiers were unless I would put them to a test.

So, I the general decided to take a portion of my army to make them play the part of the enemy in a mock battle.

The army playing the part of the enemy knows who their general is and therefore abides by their generals wishes and commands.

Now as for the friendly army, they are given a leader that claims to have the power and the abilities of the general he is representing, as if he were the general himself.

Well they do battle and the enemy prevails and kills the good army's leader because their instruction were that there could be no other leader but their general.

If you can grasp the object of that story, you will understand the plight of Judas, and have an inkling of who the general really is.

The scriptures will then take a whole new meaning because now you may be able to see clearly the intent of God in our lives.

The devil is what this earth provides for us to lust after.

If we give in to it, it will consume us and if we don't seek Gods help, we are left to this worlds cares.

Peace>>>AJ

Old 07-07-2008, 01:20 PM

352 posts, read 372,163 times
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. Salaam/Peace, AJ. Thanks for your reply. I have the impression that you believe the story in the N.T., of the crucifixion of the Prophet of The Only GOD. With due respect, I must disagree. I accept the Words of Allah, Blessed Be HE, Forevermore, in 4:157,158 of The Noble Qur'an. Wassalaam. devotee

Old 07-07-2008, 04:24 PM

7,916 posts, read 17,700,552 times
For most of us reading the OP it's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say. Instead of quoting verses why don't you try to clearly state your question using your own words.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:39 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,599,396 times
Probably, Montana, because English is not his or her first language so it's easier to just cut & paste. But I agree...I read about half of it and gave up in confusion

Old 07-07-2008, 06:33 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,823,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
For most of us reading the OP it's very difficult to understand what you're trying to say. Instead of quoting verses why don't you try to clearly state your question using your own words.
He's basically talking about a different Judas. A Judas that came much later and led a very similar life to Jesus. However, it is firmly believed that the execution of Jesus was a more symbolic representation of the betrayal from Judas of Iscariot and that the Jesus who was killed was not the son of Mary.

To further on that, they believe that the Gospel of Barnabat was indeed left out or at least tampered with at some point in time - I always thought at the Nicean Council but his post seems to contradict that.

Henceforth, Jesus (Issa) was merely a prophet of God - hence the PBUH (which means Peace Be Upon Him) - they pay much respect to Jesus of Nazareth.

And "as salaamu alaikam" generally means "Peace be Upon You". It's a lot like a very nice "Hello" or "Goodbye" in Arabic. In most words in Arabic you will find a derivative or form of the word "Allah" because their language and culture is heavily centered around God or Allah.

Class is dismissed!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,990,394 times
The crucifixion of Christ is not an allegory,Christ knew that Judas Iscariot was betraying Him. It was in the works that He go to the cross to take away the sins of the world so it was real. Some books are excluded from the Bible because they are not considered to be inspired by the Holy Spirit,so it is not coincidental and does not make the occurence a forgery.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. Salaam/Peace, AJ. Thanks for your reply. I have the impression that you believe the story in the N.T., of the crucifixion of the Prophet of The Only GOD. With due respect, I must disagree. I accept the Words of Allah, Blessed Be HE, Forevermore, in 4:157,158 of The Noble Qur'an. Wassalaam. devotee
You have the right to believe what you want as I.

But regardless of what we both believe, we are still created in Gods image.
What does that mean?

It means that God is in all of us with respect to choice. Each one of us has the ability to choose good from evil.

Why was I not born your brother or your sister? If I were then we both would believe the same things.

But because I was born who I am with the beliefs I have, we find each other at odds with respect to beliefs.

How then can we become brothers or sisters yet differ in beliefs? (Spiritually?)

Very simple! Love your neighbor as you love your God!

For both go hand in hand.

The ten commandments are 5 for God and 5 for mankind.

First five is to love and honor God, which is done in spirit, and the second 5 is honor, respect and love our neighbor.

Under those two, you and I can differ as to whether Jesus is God or not, yet be as brothers and sisters because that is Gods commandments.

Peace>>>AJ

Old 07-07-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
The crucifixion of Christ is not an allegory,Christ knew that Judas Iscariot was betraying Him. It was in the works that He go to the cross to take away the sins of the world so it was real. Some books are excluded from the Bible because they are not considered to be inspired by the Holy Spirit,so it is not coincidental and does not make the occurence a forgery.
Looking at it from the Christian perspective, yes.

Peace>>>AJ

Old 07-07-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
He's basically talking about a different Judas. A Judas that came much later and led a very similar life to Jesus. However, it is firmly believed that the execution of Jesus was a more symbolic representation of the betrayal from Judas of Iscariot and that the Jesus who was killed was not the son of Mary.

To further on that, they believe that the Gospel of Barnabat was indeed left out or at least tampered with at some point in time - I always thought at the Nicean Council but his post seems to contradict that.

Henceforth, Jesus (Issa) was merely a prophet of God - hence the PBUH (which means Peace Be Upon Him) - they pay much respect to Jesus of Nazareth.

And "as salaamu alaikam" generally means "Peace be Upon You". It's a lot like a very nice "Hello" or "Goodbye" in Arabic. In most words in Arabic you will find a derivative or form of the word "Allah" because their language and culture is heavily centered around God or Allah.

Class is dismissed!
Thank you teacher!

Regardless, the differences exist and that is to what I address my message to.

Peace>>>AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality