Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:13 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I think, Greatest, that "god" is "time" itself and that the universe was created when time began. Hard to explain. I also think that everything we do and think and say, everything that happens to us, good or bad, is remembered by the universe. I am not an atheist per se, I do believe in some sort of energy beginning...I just am not a Christian so the idea of heaven & hell, original sin, virgin births, resurrections, etc don't compute for me. I just look at it all in a very different way than, say, my believer sister, whom I love more than anything. But I have no fear of death because I believe we are all part of that universe and "time" and we go back to that when our bodies die, and I have no guilt in my actions because I know I am responsible to "fix" or live with the decisions I have made. Not such a bad way to live, is it?
Keep it up. You will be an asset to the Godhead. We all are as we help it and God evolve.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 10:19 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,433,543 times
Interesting thread I also believe that we are all God, who wanted to experience life with the limitations of a human, and I also believe that God is evolutive, so we slowly evolved incarnation after incarnation from the lowest expression of life and consciousness to human form, the only expression of God's creation that can seek him by his own will. However this is nothing but a dream of his, as he is the one and only, dreaming thousands of individual experiences, every one of his children posesses a part of his self (the soul) which will eventually return home in unity with spirit. For me God is beyond time, space, duality, cycles, he is just 3 things, consciousness, existence and bliss, pure bliss

Old 07-08-2008, 10:46 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,120 times
I certainly do not believe that "we are all God" !!! Not by any means !

Old 07-08-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Interesting thread I also believe that we are all God, who wanted to experience life with the limitations of a human, and I also believe that God is evolutive, so we slowly evolved incarnation after incarnation from the lowest expression of life and consciousness to human form, the only expression of God's creation that can seek him by his own will. However this is nothing but a dream of his, as he is the one and only, dreaming thousands of individual experiences, every one of his children posesses a part of his self (the soul) which will eventually return home in unity with spirit. For me God is beyond time, space, duality, cycles, he is just 3 things, consciousness, existence and bliss, pure bliss
Rather eastern and wrong.

God is not a stagnant entity entertainning Himself.

He is an evolving entity. Our souls give impetuce to this evolving universal grouping of consciousness'.

Regards
DL

Old 07-08-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I certainly do not believe that "we are all God" !!! Not by any means !
Does God make perfect or imperfect works.
Scripture says perfect.
All souls are perfect.

If not please tell us what % of His works God goofs on.

Regards
DL

Old 07-08-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Rather eastern and wrong.

God is not a stagnant entity entertainning Himself.

He is an evolving entity. Our souls give impetuce to this evolving universal grouping of consciousness'.

Regards
DL
I don't believe there is right or wrong, God is beyond that, as an evolving entity there couldn't be right or wrong, everything just counts as experience, remember that for God there are no absolutes (except for his unmanifested expression as cosmic conscioiusness) everything else is relative.

Regards!

Old 07-08-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I don't believe there is right or wrong, God is beyond that, as an evolving entity there couldn't be right or wrong, everything just counts as experience, remember that for God there are no absolutes (except for his unmanifested expression as cosmic conscioiusness) everything else is relative.

Regards!
Bah.

If so then in your thinking, God could not create a tree af good and evil.
He would not know where to go from one side of the tree to the other.

God does not interfere with us but He is not the fence sitter you describe.

Regards
DL

Old 07-08-2008, 01:27 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,115,855 times
lol,
somehow I just dont believe Travelling fella believes there was a tree of good and evil.
But I could be wrong.

Cheers,
Aeroman

Old 07-08-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
lol,
somehow I just dont believe Travelling fella believes there was a tree of good and evil.
But I could be wrong.

Cheers,
Aeroman
Well I actually don't believe there was a tree of good and evil in the literal sense, but what really happened is that God was well aware that for creation to exist 2 forces had to be created and put in exact opposition.

One of this forces is the force of attraction, the spiritual force that draws creation back to the original source, this is the magnetic power of divine love, whenever this vibration is generated, it creates peace, harmony and unity, once this force is felt in the heart the person who experienced it will start surrendering personal desires and ambitions for more sensory experiences, and will enter into an endless quest for self realization.

The second force is the force of repulsion, the force of illusion that makes creation possible ejecting matter and energy from spirit, this is the force that keeps us away from spirituality and makes us feel a strong pull towards matter and sensory experiences, whenever this vibration is generated, it will create wars, chaos and divisions, if this force disappeared, then duality would end and everything that has came from spirit would return back to the original state of self-sufficency, percetion, eternity and non manifestation.

We (mankind) are the only being of creation that has the self-awareness and willpower to decide whether he will seek God's love, and surrender to it thus becoming one with spirit again, or continue seeking sensory experiences life after life until the desire for God becomes so intense and the previous sensory experiences so painful that he will eventually seek God too.

There will be a moment when everything created will return back to spirit and creation will be dissolved to be created again, yet all beings who became one with spirit, won't incarnate again unless they desire to do so Christ, Buddha, Krsna are examples of this, so are Shiva, Brahma, Vishnu, Archangels and other devas in higher dimensions.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:43 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Does God make perfect or imperfect works.
Scripture says perfect.
All souls are perfect.

If not please tell us what % of His works God goofs on.

Regards
DL

I do not know what scripture you are refering to that says every thing God made was 'perfect'? My bible says all He created was 'good'. But it also says that all creation became corrupt. That is why the earth was flooded, and only 8 souls were saved. The only perfect person was/is Jesus. None of us can began to compare with Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality