Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:29 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,705 times

Advertisements

If you are a man, do you seek a wife? If you are a wife do you seek a man?

God in gender is neither, yet we are espoused to Him.

In Gods Kingdom are many mansions, perhaps if we learn to manage our little kingdom well here on earth; we may be honored to manage a larger one in His heavenly kingdom.

He crated us as co-partners with Him. [SIZE=3]
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Peace>>>AJ
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy

What Would Be The Purpose Of God Creating Human Beings?
The possibility of having a loving relationship with them forever.
I think WE created Him so that we would feel that someone loves US in our darkest moments.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Sheer boredom.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:08 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I realize that religious people believe that they were created by God but what exactly is the purpose of this creation? That seems like such a basic question but I don't think the Bible really gives an answer, it just says that he created us. The skeptic in me looks at this question from another perspective. If a man was writing a book about the origins of humanity he wouldn't necessarily have to formulate a reason for why we needed to be created in the first place, he would instead just have to come up with an explanation about how it happened. Whether or not this explanation is accurate depends on your beliefs but I would think that anyone who is religious must have some thoughts about why our creation was necessary and what purpose it serves. Afterall, God is supposed to be perfect and we're supposed to be sinners, in fact the first batch was so bad he had to drown all of them so it seems like the creation of mankind wasn't such a great idea when you stop and think about it. Anyway, I was actually just reading Genesis, trying to find an explanation for our creation and I didn't see one. Why do you think God created us?
the purpose of our creation is very clear in the quran (holy book of muslims)

God say

56 - I have only created Jinns and men, that they may worship Me.
57 - No Sustenance do I require of them, nor do I require that they should feed Me.
58 - For God is He Who gives (all) Sustenance, Lord of Power, Steadfast (for ever).
59 - For the wrong doers, their portion is like unto the portion of their fellows (of earlier generations): then let them not ask Me to hasten (that portion)!
60 - Woe, then, to the Unbelievers, on account of that Day of theirs which they have been promised!

Old 07-09-2008, 07:23 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
I believe He created us to love us and enjoy spending time with us.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I think WE created Him so that we would feel that someone loves US in our darkest moments.
Bingo.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,605 times
Not sure...I do not believe that a single entity, a Big Giant Head named God, created man from a handful of dust. I believe that possibly a god entity created us through evolution but that's another topic. I DO think man created the "idea" of God to try and find an explanation for a world and universe we did not understand.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
For Christ, By Christ, and through Christ. Jesus Christ desired a bride, a body, and a relationship. Who is this Christ we talk of?

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Col 1:16 For by Him all things were created, in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.
Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
Col 1:18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.
Col 1:19 For it was the {Father's} good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,
Col 1:20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, {I say,} whether things on earth or things in heaven.
Col 1:21 And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, {engaged} in evil deeds,
Col 1:22 yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach--

Old 07-09-2008, 08:41 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
"And as many as believe on His name gave He power to become the Sons of God".

I think that God wanted children. But he did not just want any children, but those who wanted to be with Him. Those who do not want God do not have to be with Him.

I think that God does not need children or humans to love Him. I think He was complete always and content to be who He is. But out of the over flow of love He created us and all that is in the Universe.

I think that God loves this world and all of His creation. It is written, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

Old 07-09-2008, 09:18 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
He wanted human beings to share in His wonderful creation and for us to live in paradise and share in His love..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality