Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 09:56 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times

Advertisements

i heared that this Gospele is very similar to islam massage , and the prophet of islam prophesied in it

Gospel of Barnabas was in circulation in the first and second centuries of Christianity.

In 325 C.E., the Nicene Council was held, where it was ordered that all original Gospels in Hebrew script should be destroyed. An Edict was issued that any one in possession of these Gospels will be put to death.
In 383 C.E., the Pope secured a copy of the Gospel of Barnabas and kept it in his private library.
In the fourth year of Emperor Zeno (478 C.E. ), the remains of Barnabas were discovered and there was found on his breast a copy of the Gospel of Barnabas written by his own hand. (Acia Sanctorum Boland Junii Tom II, Pages 422 and 450. Antwerp 1698) . The famous Vulgate Bible appears to be based on this Gospel.

anyway i just now read the opening of this Gospel , and wondered what is the reasons for banned it , is there any convinced reasons ?

the opening
Barnabas, apostle of Jesus the Nazarene, called Christ, to all them that dwell upon the earth desireth peace and consolation.
Dearly beloved the great and wonderful God hath during these past days visited us by his prophet Jesus Christ in great mercy of teaching and miracles, by reason whereof many, being deceived of Satan, under presence of piety, are preaching most impious doctrine, calling Jesus son of God, repudiating the circumcision ordained of God for ever, and permitting every unclean meat: among whom also Paul hath been deceived, whereof I speak not without grief; for which cause I am writing that truth which I have seen and heard, in the intercourse that I have had with Jesus, in order that ye may be saved, and not be deceived of Satan and perish in the judgment of God. Therefore beware of every one that preacheth unto you new doctrine contrary to that which I write, that ye may be saved eternally. The great God be with you and guard you from Satan and from every evil. Amen.

are you ever (christians) planned to read it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
Sounds to me like Barnabas was just warning folks that the rumor that was circulating about Jesus being God was not true and that they need to think for themselves. Barnabas felt as I tend to believe...Jesus was a teacher and a prophet (perhaps)...but the literal son of God? Nonsense. Barnabas also warned about the miracles and healing that were reputed (rumored) to be the work of Jesus. Barnabas was obviously not one to be manipulated and fooled by the masses and their hysterics.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:27 PM

352 posts, read 419,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i heared that this Gospele is very similar to islam massage , and the prophet of islam prophesied in it

Gospel of Barnabas was in circulation in the first and second centuries of Christianity.

In 325 C.E., the Nicene Council was held, where it was ordered that all original Gospels in Hebrew script should be destroyed. An Edict was issued that any one in possession of these Gospels will be put to death.
In 383 C.E., the Pope secured a copy of the Gospel of Barnabas and kept it in his private library.
In the fourth year of Emperor Zeno (478 C.E. ), the remains of Barnabas were discovered and there was found on his breast a copy of the Gospel of Barnabas written by his own hand. (Acia Sanctorum Boland Junii Tom II, Pages 422 and 450. Antwerp 1698) . The famous Vulgate Bible appears to be based on this Gospel.

anyway i just now read the opening of this Gospel , and wondered what is the reasons for banned it , is there any convinced reasons ?

the opening
Barnabas, apostle of Jesus the Nazarene, called Christ, to all them that dwell upon the earth desireth peace and consolation.
Dearly beloved the great and wonderful God hath during these past days visited us by his prophet Jesus Christ in great mercy of teaching and miracles, by reason whereof many, being deceived of Satan, under presence of piety, are preaching most impious doctrine, calling Jesus son of God, repudiating the circumcision ordained of God for ever, and permitting every unclean meat: among whom also Paul hath been deceived, whereof I speak not without grief; for which cause I am writing that truth which I have seen and heard, in the intercourse that I have had with Jesus, in order that ye may be saved, and not be deceived of Satan and perish in the judgment of God. Therefore beware of every one that preacheth unto you new doctrine contrary to that which I write, that ye may be saved eternally. The great God be with you and guard you from Satan and from every evil. Amen.

are you ever (christians) planned to read it ?

Bismillaah. Salaam/Peace, elwill. Some sites think it is bad for Christians and Muslims, like the following site which I had rebutted some time ago: Barnabas

Peace. devotee

Old 07-11-2008, 05:46 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
Bismillaah. Salaam/Peace, elwill. Some sites think it is bad for Christians and Muslims, like the following site which I had rebutted some time ago: Barnabas

Peace. devotee
thank you for the site
wanna to say that the errors in Barnaba Gospele isn't somthing new which you can find in Gospels , all Gospels contains such an errors and contradictions
my question was , why this gospel specifically banned ?

Gospele of pernaba will not bother muslims at all
muslims believe in one book to be the only holy book preserved untill these days , this book is quran
so if Bernaba have errors , so it's fine with us , we didn't said that it's the word of God , but it's historical book as john and mathew and acts supposed to be written by one of the apostles of jesus

Old 07-11-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
thank you for the site
wanna to say that the errors in Barnaba Gospele isn't somthing new which you can find in Gospels , all Gospels contains such an errors and contradictions
my question was , why this gospel specifically banned ?

Gospele of pernaba will not bother muslims at all
muslims believe in one book to be the only holy book preserved untill these days , this book is quran
so if Bernaba have errors , so it's fine with us , we didn't said that it's the word of God , but it's historical book as john and mathew and acts supposed to be written by one of the apostles of jesus

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. As salaamu alaikum, elwill. Some Muslim scholars don't agree with it, but yet, there is plenty of Qur'anic evidence in support of this gospel.

Concerning the above link, the writer mentions Palestine in the summer, re: item #8. However Chapter 169, of The Gospel of Barnabas is not referencing Palestine, but the world.

Quote:
"The picturesque description of the summer season in the fields and valleys (GB 169) is much more suggestive of beautiful Italy than of Palestine in summer when the fields are utterly burnt dry."
But to be sure this passage is not speaking of Palestine, but "Paradise," and the "world" in general. "Behold, then, how beautiful is the world in summer-time, when all things bear fruit! The very peasant, intoxicated with gladness by reason of the harvest that is come, makes the valleys and mountains resound with his singing, for that he loves his labours supremely. Now lift up even so your heart to paradise, where all things are fruitful with fruits proportionate to him who has cultivated it." Chapter 169

Perhaps Palestine lost most of its trees, foliage, etcetera, due to building of ancient times. It couldn't look the same today, as it did then. If this is the case, then this would contribute to the condition that the writer describes in his account of Palestine.

Wassalaam. devotee

Old 07-11-2008, 07:27 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post

Perhaps Palestine lost most of its trees, foliage, etcetera, due to building of ancient times. It couldn't look the same today, as it did then. If this is the case, then this would contribute to the condition that the writer describes in his account of Palestine.
I hate to interject but would it be probable to suggest that the writer was talking of ancient Palestine which encompassed much of what is now known as Israel, parts of Jordan, Lebanon and Syria as well? In my travels to the Middle East there were indeed parts that seemed dry and scorched - especially in the summer - but there were other parts, such as that which ran near to the Tigris river that bloomed in the early spring and summer with intense beauty. In fact, sometimes I found myself wondering if I wasn't in a jungle rather than a desert.

Naturally, when we speak of Palestine, it's easy to envision the modern day Palestine that everyone is familiar with but the ancient country of Palestine covered a broader span of area and perhaps the writer was referring to a more lush and vegetative area of ancient Palestine in his writings?

Just my thoughts.

Wassalaam

GCSTroop

Last edited by GCSTroop; 07-11-2008 at 07:42 AM..

Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Not to be confused with the epistle of barnabas, here is an opinion about the gospel of barnabas.

I'd like to see replies from those more informed than me.

The Gospel of Barnabas

Old 07-11-2008, 10:25 AM

Bismillaah. Wa alaikumus salaam, Oakback. You wrote: >>

Quote:
Not to be confused with the epistle of barnabas, here is an opinion about the gospel of barnabas.

I'd like to see replies from those more informed than me.
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. Salaam/Peace all. Concerning The Gospel of Barnabas; I had initially read this gospel - which shows signs of having been tampered with - about the mid-1980‘s, but its Wisdom did not reach me until Allah, The Best Knower, turned my mind / heart, again to its significance.

Following are some of my views regarding what I found to be tampering, and why I believe there should be a cooperative effort to restore this precious gospel to its pristine state.

Giving much thought to the open destruction of this Gnostic gospel, ---- evident even in these times -- leads me to believe that it was the result of prolonged planning. An entire stage of progress -- which is visibly lacking today -- necessary to the Spiritual growth of the worlds populace, was eradicated by a greedy priesthood, to ensure a bases of wealth. While The Holy Qur'an allows for correction of previous Scripture, the people are still being duped into refusing either The Noble Qur'an, or this gospel by Barnabas.

By far the biggest story -- and perhaps the one causing the most confusion in this gospel and the New Testament, is the "crucifixion." The Gospel of Barnabas declares that it was Judas "Iscariot," who was crucified for his villainy; but, that is still difficult to fathom, due most likely to the corruption coming from the N.T. bible crucifixion story, which is strictly allegorical. Turning it into history was really mean and ignorant.

Many readers reject this gospel; some even say that it is a forgery. I can agree that included in some Chapters are what ‘seem’ to be discrepant inferences; but these are mainly due to nit-picking, tampering or copying, such as the continual reference to a twelfth (?) century book by Dante, some of which can be found in the early verses of The Bounteous Qur'an, Surah 52.

In fact this gospel was extant between the first and third centuries, how then did Barnabas copy from a book produced in the 12th century? And, surah 4:150-151 does not state that one cannot believe in the messengers sent to another people. Prophet 'Issa [Jesus, PBUH], was sent to the people of Israel, and Muslims follow the truth in His PBUH, teachings; also see verse 152.

And, with regard to the following, by no means am I trying to be trivial; but the change in the passage that follows - which I consider to be a really 'stupid blunder' - makes quite a loud statement. Concerning the Satan (chapter 51), read carefully; "God answered: "Jesus, behold I will pardon him. Only cause him to say, "Lord, my God, I have sinned, have mercy upon me," and I will pardon him and restore him to his first state."

Now, the Satan responds: "….Come now, let us make up this peace between me and God; and what must be done say you, O Jesus, since you are sound in mind." I answered: "Two words only need be spoken." Satan replied: "What words?" I answered: "These: I have sinned; have mercy on me." Tampering! The words "Lord, my God," have been expunged / deleted.

Wassalaam. devotee

Old 07-11-2008, 10:59 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,779 times
I may read it, but it is not Canonized so it is not scripture. The same goes for many other books like Enoch and the Maccabees etc... Fun to read but not scripture to be used for doctrine.

Canonization is closed. It does not matter how much evidence can be shown for a perticular piece of liturature. So, Christians do not be swayed into believing any of this gnostic or false teaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality