Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:54 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Missionary friends of mine and other accounts I have heard speak of demonic oppressed people often becoming very active during church services. Some accounts I have heard speak how these people sometimes are tossed into the air, and over the heads of the people sitting next to them. Most people in the west have no clue about these activities because they don't believe in such things. Yet, Christians on the front lines are very aware of such things.

That is odd. I have several brethren who have been on missions in 'heathen' countries, and have never heard them speak of such happenings. One of the brethren preached for us for 5 years, in between his missionary trips.
Perhaps it is happening in groups that practice the so-called spiritual miracles ????

Old 09-10-2008, 10:55 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Demons are spiritual, and I believe they do not communicate here in America as much because of the strong Christian presence. In other parts of the world where Christian influnence is almost non existant, they have greater power. I believe as more people in the west begin to experiment in these areas, there will be much contact and communication with them in the future. The Bible gives strong warings against doing this. Yet as many other warnings given in the Bible, I'm sure these warning will be ignored as well. I have found the more you oppose the demonic, the more obvious they often become.
Oh OK so Christians are sort of like ghost-busters. Does garlic keep the demons away, or is that a myth?

Old 09-10-2008, 01:12 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Oh right, because I said that everyone who has post-anesthesia delirium hates god and the bible.

Think again, and do a little reading up on it, mmkay? PAD can present itself as any sort of behavior in person who is suffering from it. Your dad could as easily have thought he was the tooth fairy. It just happens that his delirium manifested itself in a religious manner, which is not unusual for someone who is normally religious.

And please...what is more likely...complications from surgery he JUST had...or a SCARY MONSTER DEMON that came in and took him over!!!
Well I'm sorry friend, your talking to someone who has actually had encounters with demons. And that was back in 1973. In my case, it lasted for 6 months. And I was not operated on, so we cannot claim post-anesthesia delirium. These demons would move objects, shake beds, I could hear them speaking, and chanting. Sometimes you could hear drums beating in the night. The were removed from me on a Saturday morning in a home in Crete Il. That is when about nine Christian came together and commanded them to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. I still have the tapes from that time. Most people on these posts have opinions about such things, I actually had experiences, and pretty extensive. When the Bible speaks about Demonic encounters, those stories are not fabrications.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Oh OK so Christians are sort of like ghost-busters. Does garlic keep the demons away, or is that a myth?
LOL The garlic thing is pretty much a myth, however, it may be a myth the demons would have some believe. Anything that would take ones eyes off of Christ, would be supported by a demon.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
I really really want some of what ya'll are smoking.
Sorry, but I was never into the drug thing. You of course would say that because you could not believe that such a thing in our modern age could ever be thought of as true. The fact is, there are no shortages of stories, and if the Bible is true, then such stories should be found today. You might consider this one. I have had a number of demonic experiences myself.

An Encounter with the Demonic

Old 09-10-2008, 02:11 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Personally I think it's all a bunch of bull pattys.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Personally I think it's all a bunch of bull pattys.
There might of been a time that I would of agreed with you, but after my experinces in 1973, that changed me forever.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:10 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default Do You Believe That Someone Can Be Possessed By A Demon?

Nope.

Just like I don't believe that unicorns can fly.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:00 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,886 times
Quote:
There might of been a time that I would of agreed with you, but after my experinces in 1973, that changed me forever.
1973? Did it by any chance have anything to do with the movie The Exorcist coming out that same year?

Mass hysteria makes people do strange things. Several movie patrons fainted and screamed, paramedics had to come to theaters.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:11 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I was never into the drug thing. You of course would say that because you could not believe that such a thing in our modern age could ever be thought of as true. The fact is, there are no shortages of stories, and if the Bible is true, then such stories should be found today. You might consider this one. I have had a number of demonic experiences myself.

An Encounter with the Demonic
There's nothing to consider. "Possession by demons" is just mental illness, epilepsy, self-induced hysteria/hallucination, drug use, or any number of LOGICALLY explained factors. Just because you choose to put an unreal origin upon it, doesn't mean it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality