Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 AM

175 posts, read 424,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceMaker21 View Post

The seminar and SD - the people, the place - were fantastic - @Shuffler, nothing of this forum thread was mentioned in public, as you may or may not have heard from your -in-law, @SoulPatriot, nothing on Doug or Francisco either. I hope they are both finding peace, each in their own way. I believe life IS eternal but can't prove it - it's just an inner-sense: @Violet11 I resonated with a lot of what you wrote regarding not crashing one's car on purpose etc - and I agree that in the wrong "hands" - i.e. someone who IMHO may have misunderstood some of the finer subtleties of the light and sound teachings, and misinterpreted the implication of "eternal-life", reincarnation etc, an imbalanced or unstable mind might be tempted to do something "spiritually silly" such as to murder or commit suicide, but if any friend-or-loved-one-of-mine, regardless of their belief, were ever to even enter into such dark spaces of thought or feeling, I would try to do my utmost to try to disuade them from dwelling in such spaces, e.g. by sharing the joy of being alive in the present life...regardless of one's circumstances, I truly believe that "suicide solves nothing" - I hope this addresses the concerns others might have, about any other light-and-sound follower ever going "postal" or "Applewhite" - love is love - how can anyone ever hurt anyone (including themselves) in a space of Love and Reality?

My heart goes out to anyone in pain or suffering. Pain and suffering have been just as much a part of my journey, as anyone else's in life - Anyway that's all for now: I'll be around on thread, lurking, maybe tossing in the odd line here and there...and always reachable by DM.

"love is love" is the tautology I wanted to end on for now, but will respond to the other points addressed to me on-thread, by DM, if and as seized by the moment.
finer subtleties? ... subtlety wasn’t enough…now, we have “finer” subtleties… subtleties even more subtle than subtle…what a daunting task to penetrate the many subtleties of the light and sound teachings of MP.

Instead of “dissuading people from dwelling in such dark spaces by sharing your joy of being alive in the present life”, why don't you simply and lovingly encourage and support them in seeking professional help from a licensed therapist?

Oh, I remember...your master does not encourage or support his 'chelas' in seeking professional help apart from his guidance...it's an insult to him personally in his role as "inner master." The “spiritually silly” (or IMHO, the arrogant and narcissistic) attitude that I’ve witnessed your master project is: why would one of my chelas seek outside help when he/she has the "constant protection and guidance of the outer and inner master"?

And before you state that this is not true, I have witnessed firsthand the cold, ignoring, and silent treatment a chela was subjected to by your master and his wife when that person shared that she was seeking the guidance of a therapist to help her cope with the death of her dearly loved husband. Needless to say, it was a most uninspiring and disconcerting moment to witness how your master handled that chela’s pain and suffering. He did not extend “his” love and understanding, it was all about “Gary the master” and not the chela’s pain and suffering.

Or, perhaps you would like to share your joy of being alive in the present life by telling Doug’s son that his father’s brutal murder was “spiritually silly.”

We aren’t living in a world of Love and Reality, Peacemaker. We are living in a world where people kill, maim, torture and commit suicide.

And from what I understand, Doug’s death came a week following a seminar, and it seems the “space” of LOVE and REALITY flowing through your master and his chelas didn’t make a hill of beans difference in Francisco’s “mind”…”imbalanced” or not.

So, Peacemaker, I guess it is all perspective. Being an MP student guarantees nothing, and least of all does it prove that the Love & Reality of some Absolute Supreme Deity is the guiding principle of the leader or its followers. But I suppose the “finer subtlety of that lofty principle” is so far removed from any human ability to mentally or logically comprehend that we're all missing some key pillar, i.e, the “outer living master” of MP.

On a lighter note….Did you perchance notice or think to yourself while registering for your nametag: “why do I have to pay enter, if that chela over there just got in free?”

Last edited by end_of_faith; 03-03-2010 at 10:25 AM..

Old 03-07-2010, 10:18 AM

175 posts, read 424,874 times
Default Peacemaker: "finer subtleties of light and sound teachings"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
I was recently reflecting on the Bird flu extravaganza ( called catastrophizing in cult exit terms) and remembered how it flipped an already intense time in life upside down. We were instructed to have a 3 - 4 month plan and a 2-3 year plan. Everyone I knew scrambled to prepare for the coming calamity, which Gary gave a 90 % chance of happening. I sold my car to have enough money to do the 2-3 year plan because I trusted Gary and was sure the BF was "imminent". I am still driving the old beater that I ended up with from this boondogle. What I did was nothing compared to other chelas. Do you know that at the next seminar he exclaimed with great seriousness that perhaps the whole thing was a trick of the Master to help us see what our attachments were? What a Jerk ( there are other words I would use here ). Still I sat there mooney eyed and brain washed by this black magic magician from Minnesota. Thank God there is life after Masterpath and it is better than it ever was under his pseudo protection.

Please review your experience on the path with a new eye. You will undoubtedly begin to see the cracks in Gary, his cohorts and his "discombobbled" lectures.

I have come to find that any pseudo guru can manifest in my dreams...The Kirpal Statistic, Elan Vital, Maharaji, Cult ( Thanks Violet...great read!) ripped with that beautiful energy that I believed must have been from Gary. NOT. That spiritual high is from my own soul. I gave that power to Gary and now have taken it back. Funny that my life has come into such beautiful balance since leaving MP. It was hard at first. I have gone through stages of depression, disbelief, anger and jubilation. It takes time to withdraw and build a new foundation, but it is very doable and you do not have to do it alone.

Peace

"...that perhaps the whole thing was a trick of the Master to help us see what our attachments were?"

Peacemaker, who don’t you, Allan, or Stillchealaing explain the “finer subtlety” of what your master means in the above? We don’t understand it.

It does get a bit confusing & contradictory when your master deftly avoids ANY accountability, personal responsibility, or close scrutiny for the “BirdFlu boondoggle” by saying it was just a “trick” of the “master” so that chelas could see their attachments. WhattheF*$k?

Hmm, is that the light and sound of the realized Beings of MP? Or, is it that everything your “outer master” says and does is automatically and unquestioningly related to as “one of the finer subtleties” of the light and sound teachings? Please explain to “our mind/souls” the “finer subtlety” that you “see and hear” in your master’s words that we do not see or hear. Where has our “misinterpretation or misunderstanding” gone astray?

This is the same outer master that you in a previous post defined as a “spotless mirror” of the inner sat guru. Does that mean that you blindly accept all he says as absolute truth?

Since I’m certain that in your master’s eyes, I have gone astray, or "south," or that I'm lost in one of the “3 minds”, I will happily recap the Bird Flu with my interpretation or understanding: your spotless mirror (outer master Gary) demonstrates non-accountability for, or awareness of his own cause by telling his chelas that the "inner master" was just playing a trick on them when your spotless mirror (outer master Gary) put the bird flu cause in motion. Chelas sold homes, cars, and stockpiled provisions and made life-altering decisions. And the correct view and attitude for a chela to hold, according to your outer master, is that all of this was just a trick by your master so they could see their attachments?

Peacemaker, maybe you will be kind enough to articulate these "finer subtleties" that you and Allan refer to, rather than telling us that we do not understand them, or that we are misinterpreting them. Or, that in the “wrong hands” an ‘imbalanced or unstable mind’ might do something “spiritually silly” such as commit murder or suicide.

Don’t you think it was just a bit “spiritually silly” for people to sell homes and cars, and make life altering decisions based on the fear your master incited through the BirdFlu boondoggle? Are those people mentally imbalanced or unstable for following your “master’s direction?” Is that the “way the inner sat guru” operates in order to show a chela his/her “attachments?” Or, is that just the way a man operates to avoid accountability?

I’m “guessing away” that your master’s attachments were well stocked, and that he did not have to sell anything to fund stockpiling provisions.

Little wonder that MP is stricken by the harsh reality of mentally imbalanced or unstable minds that have committed murder or suicide. If you weren’t confused before joining MP, you certainly realize the clusterf*$k of layers in leaving.

Bottom line for me: MP is just another splinter of many thousands of paths/groups/teachings in the world claiming to be the ‘one true path..’ There was a time when I bought into it, hook, line, and sinker. I dedicated my entire life in serving Gary Olsen, his path, and his family. In the end, the sublime and unanticipated realization was that my entire spiritual life was based on a lie.

Peace

Last edited by end_of_faith; 03-07-2010 at 10:56 AM..

Old 03-07-2010, 01:36 PM

268 posts, read 457,703 times
Gary’s lack of self-awareness and accountability as evidenced in end_of_faith’s post above (and elsewhere) is one of many huge red flags when it comes to the question of authenticity. He just blows off the whole bird flu thing with no concern for anyone who suffered from his fear mongering. Enlightened? Self-realized? Um, no.

It sounds like some current chelas here rationalize a lot by separating the “inner” master from the “outer” master as if they’re totally separate entities. Outer Gary can have all these faults and human failings just as long as Inner Gary is doing whatever he's supposed to do (sparkling like a thousand stars, popping up in dreams, etc.).

Maybe that’s one of those “subtleties” I don’t get. Because if Gary's inner and outer are so separate that one doesn’t know what the other is doing, why is “outer” Gary worthy of such adoration (or essentially worship)? Why is outer Gary allowed to screw up and continue functioning as the master? Shouldn’t the oh so powerful “inner” master stop him from making an ass of himself at some point?

Wouldn’t it be great if we could all use the “inner” and “outer” explanation/excuse at our jobs? It’d be fun to tell my boss that although I did not complete my research, my inner master surely did. And my inner master will pass along the info to her in her dreams.

Again...someone who proclaims himself God-realized "saint" and "master" is probably the master of JACK SQUAT. It must be the same character/ego defect frequently found in politicians. Right now I’m reading “The Politician” by Andrew Young so the comparison is fresh in my mind. There are some clear parallels between politician sleaze (in this case Senator Edwards) and self-proclaimed gurus like Gary. Inflated egos, drunk with power and self-importance, zero responsibility for their actions, above the moral code of others because of their status. Whatever they say goes, don’t dare question it.

If the cult leader route hadn’t worked for Gary, I wonder if he would have run for office.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:29 AM

10 posts, read 14,517 times
Default Mp

Hi I am new to this website. I am a 4th Initiate on MP and really don't understand what all the fuss is about.

You have two years to investigate the path. It is an inner journey. Sri Gary points the way and if you follow the steps he suggests though his recordings, his monthly discourse etc. you find out for yourself if it works or not.

I live in the UK and there are only a few chelas living here and I only personally know 6 of them. Two were my friends who joined after me and the others I met at seminars in San Deigo.

Nothing in the physical world is free. We pay for everything one way or another. I have a friend in Africa who I introduced to MP 5 yrs ago. In Africa they are not allowed to send money out of the country so my friend has no means to pay his dues and he is also very poor. I have been to his home and seen it for myself. He is devoted to the Master and he has never ever been charged dues.

I am a pensioner and I also receive help from the Master.

I was psychic from birth and even had a job in the past as a remote viewer so I have travelled the inner planes and have followed many paths in my life, but Master Path is the only path I have found to teach about the soul. I left all psychic gifts behind when I took my second intitiation and I am so grateful that I did. I have learned more about myself on Master Path than on any of my previous paths.

This journey is sacred to each person and is all about the inner. Who cares what car Sri Gary drives, or if he lives in some posh mansion that is just outer stuff of no importance.

All I know is that when I follow the guidance and actually adhere to it, then my world becomes awesome. When I allow myself to fall from grace, my life turns into a living hell, but the positive thing is that as soon as I realise what I have done by lowering my attention and I get back in touch with the Inner Master which this path is all about, then things very quickly turn around.

Let me give just two very simple examples. The first example was when I took my 2nd Initiation. My son was on heavy drugs at the time and I was in a wheelchair. My son came home and tried to hang himself in front of me. I called on the Inner Master for help because I did not know what to do. Inside of myself I was going through hell. I felt paralised from fear and did not know what to say to my son to stop his actions. But as soon as my attention turned to the Inner Master and I asked for help on the INNER my son stopped what he was doing. He just said "I'm tired, I think I should go to bed." and the material around his neck fell apart.

Two weeks ago I was scammed of my life savings and my first reaction was to feel angry etc. BUT I recognised what I was doing and turned my attention to the Master giving it over to the Inner Master.

Within seconds a great peace came upon me and I know I will not see the money again but I know it doesn't matter. I have everything within me. I am richer than the richest man on this earth who ever that might be.

So all this sillyness and bickering is absolutely pointless really.

If it is for you then follow it, if not just leave it alone as it is obviously not for you.

Anna

Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 AM

Default Mind understanding versus soul understanding

I have just been glancing over the thread about bird flu and the one about lack of self awareness.

I like other chelas stored food etc for the bird flu and it became necessary for me to give all mine away as I moved to Spain where I lived for 18 months before returning to the UK.

I did a lot of contemplation on why I had bought all those items only to have to give them all away, and my mind came up with all sorts of things. However it is only recently I came to a realisation of the importance of having those items at hand.

In November my son went on holiday with his friend. We now live in a new area where we didn't know anyone. However, since the bird flu I've always kept a good supply of things that might be needed in a real emergency. Whilst my son was away I caught the swine flu and was not allowed out of the house or to have visitors. I was alone here and thank Anami that I had my supplies.

Also a few days ago it was again brought home to me. I had lived in an area of Spain that gets very little snow. But on 8th March there was a terrible snow storm in that area. Trees crashed to the ground from the weight of the snow, many people were trapped and died. All services were out of action. There was no telephone services and the whole area completely closed down. it was impossible for people to leave their homes. Spain was totally unprepared for it because it is something that just doesn't normally happen.

Although Sri Gary used the Bird Flu as an example he didn't actually say it was going to happen but he did actually advise us on what we should all have if SOME MAJOR INCIDENT were to befall our city or country so that we would at least have some safety.

With all the earthquakes, Snow storms and viruses affecting the planet, all he is saying is be prepared because anything can happen and the more prepared you are the more chance you have of survival.

As for the Master not being aware of another persons grief and showing disaproval at the fact that someone sought out a professional to help them over the grief. He was probably trying to show the person that she could have got far greater care and help if SHE had gone within to seek the help of the Inner Master. By going to a professional she would be going backwards instead of forewards. It showed HER lack of trust in the Inner Master by seeking outside help.

The Master repeats over and over and over again to give our problems to HIM, not Sri Gari but Garji the Inner Master. What ever our situation and I have been through some very scary and emotional ones, we have to remember our Inner Master. Once we do that sincerely , the love does come in and lift us up. It doesn't take the situation away and it isn't meant to. But by being in the Inner Master's Love, it lifts us up so that we can move past the pain of the situation.

Over the last few years I have one tragedy after another in my outer life, because karma after karma has been on my heels and many intertwined. If I had not been on the path I think I would have ended up in a mental institution because I could not have dealt with them.

I've experienced in the last 3 yrs alone, moving house 11 times, not even in my own country but in Pakistan, India, Africa and the UK and Europe. I've been held at gun point, my husband has been kidnapped, and still is, I have been robbed, I've been involved in crimes against me, My son was arrested on board a boeing for a crime he did not commit and was later released, my flat was damaged by electrical fire, I lost my business and everything I owned not once but twice in 2 yrs plus had deaths in my family, young cousins not old people. The only thing that got me through the ordeals I have been through has been my complete trust in the Master who has NEVER let me down.

When I read the thread about a professional therapist I wanted to laugh. The only real therapist is right inside, not sitting in some office. The Master always says HE is right inside of you closer than your own heartbeat. HE is not sri gary, HE is the INNER MASTER that knows us better than we know ourselves. Sri Gary just points the way. Sri Gary is just human the same as us, but he channels the shabda. It is up to us if we connect with it or not. It is there for all of us. If you don't tap into it it is not Sri Gary's fault. He is doing HIS best to get us to understand. If the woman was not able to hear what he was saying it doesn't mean that HE was wrong it just means she was closing herself up to the very help she needed.

This is my own interpretation. I might also be wrong for all I know but it is my viewpoint from where I currently am.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:20 AM

Annamalita, do you have any family or good friends nearby? From your posts it sounds like you could use someone to watch out for you and help in times of emergency, etc. I'm not suggesting that you abandon the MasterPath or "Garji" right now. But with so much instability and so many crises in your life, I just hope you have some support in the form of humanity as well.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 PM

Default Thank you

Hi Violet11 I'm fine, thank you. I rely on Garji and to date Garji has served me well. I knew when I joined the path that it would be necessary to face my Karmas and the love and support I receive from the Master makes it all worth while.

When I was 25 I had near death experience in which I lost 5 and half pints of blood. I had an experience in which the sound was involved and I spent the next 25 yrs searching for this sound which I found in Master Path. I was given the number 54 in my death experience and I assumed I would die at the age of 54. In fact I was 54 when I took my second initiation on the path. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Sri Gary. His teachings work for me.

It is all too easy to get caught up in Kal and when that happens the mind will find all sorts of ways to keep one from the path. That is why it is so necessary to keep faith with the teachings.

From personal experience I can only say the outer really is an illusion, good and bad. Look to your own inner master, but remember if you try to go it alone you are likely to take a path that will delay. I'm speaking again from experience as in my early 20s I reached cosmic consciousness, then having spent time there, I realised I was not where I was supposed to be.

Inner and outer worlds are full of trickery and it is all too easy to follow the mind and find fault because we lack the necessary discipline. It is much easier to blame someone else and from my own viewpoint I assume this is what is happening on this website.

I appreciate your effort to give me some advice. Thank you.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annamalita View Post
Hi Violet11 I'm fine, thank you. I rely on Garji and to date Garji has served me well.
Glad to hear you're fine, because some of what you shared in your posts was very alarming. For instance, that you were scammed out of your life savings two weeks ago. Is anyone helping you with financial decisions? Also, your husband is still kidnapped somewhere, yet it sounds like your highest concern is for Garji. I'm sure you can understand that the events in your life sound pretty bizarre.

Quote:
I knew when I joined the path that it would be necessary to face my Karmas and the love and support I receive from the Master makes it all worth while.
Can I ask what "facing karmas" means to you? Do you believe that the crises you've had to deal with in this life are retribution for your actions in previous lives? Are the deaths and kidnappings of your loved ones a result of your karma (or theirs)?

For that matter, I thought Gary (or "Garji") was supposed to take on your karma at the 2nd initiation? Have you ever wondered why the master allowed the tragedies in your life? Do you agree with Gary's statement that your dues and donations to MP reduce your karmic debt?

Quote:
From personal experience I can only say the outer really is an illusion, good and bad. Look to your own inner master, but remember if you try to go it alone you are likely to take a path that will delay.
Can you explain the rush? If my path is delayed because I don't have a master (and I don't believe that at all), then don't I have the rest of eternity to finish my "path" anyway? Or is there a time limit?

Quote:
Inner and outer worlds are full of trickery and it is all too easy to follow the mind and find fault because we lack the necessary discipline. It is much easier to blame someone else and from my own viewpoint I assume this is what is happening on this website.
Have you read all that's been written on this thread? Though you've referred to it as "bickering", "silliness", and "blaming", I have a completely different perception. The point was to discuss the authenticity of MasterPath and your guru, and the discussion has been pretty compelling.

Some of the former chelas here have known Gary since he formed MasterPath. Some uprooted their lives and moved across the United States to serve Gary and MP. Some devoted their lives to your path for many years, were among the highest initiates, and even supported the master by presenting the teachings and their experiences publicly to other chelas like you. So I have to strongly disagree that they lacked the "necessary discipline" and devotion.

Again, this is less about the teachings and more about the man appointing himself. And misrepresenting himself, and acting maliciously for his own benefit. The money is an issue because your dues and donations are his means of living and there are responsibilities involved with that morally... and also legally when it comes to non-profit tax status. But there is so much more than that.

Quote:
I appreciate your effort to give me some advice. Thank you.
I wish the best for you and yours. Please know there is no ill intent towards chelas on my part, and I think that goes for all who've contributed here.

Last edited by Violet11; 03-16-2010 at 06:38 PM..

Old 03-16-2010, 07:58 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,058 times
annamalita, wake up!

Gary is a scam artist, the sooner you ACTUALLY rely on YOURSELF and not him, the better off you will be!

Old 03-17-2010, 02:22 AM

I do not rely on Gary...I think you are missing the point. It is Garji I rely on which is my Inner Master. Gary Olsen just points the way and so far he his guidance has proved far greater than any help I could ever have received on the physical plane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality