Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 08:53 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The actual writing happens easily and naturally.
And I believe you are meaning is it's own reward (has it's own reward like the giving of yourself.).

Old 06-13-2009, 09:41 AM

175 posts, read 424,896 times
Allan, regarding FormerChela's experience, and what I said in earlier post "forget about wordly rules"... here's what I mean by that statement. Isn't it equally important in discriminating those interconnected laws without violating or breaking either: the letter of the law versus the spirit of the law.

Here's how I see it:

1. There should be no question on the legitimacy of refund due to a person who, for whatever reason, did not attend a seminar.

2. A person should never be made to feel "forced" into accepting initiation when they are not ready.

3. Because that person is not ready, should they then be "kicked off the path?" Because of some rule about the discourses that they are paying 30.00 a month to receive...

4. And last, if that is Gary's policy... then, state it upfront. Give people that information right from the beginning, make it clear and straightforward. Then, people have a clearer idea of what to look forward to down the road, should they not be ready to accept an initiation. And, they can say inside, 'okay, it's near the end of my 2 year investigative study, and I'm not ready for their initiation, and since their rules dictate that I cannot continue with the discourses, then it's time for me to notify them to cancel my membership. Simple. Instead, we have a person that has gone through a trip over bad communication, a standarized system of interaction, and this "aura" of Masterpath with all it's "members only" spirituality going on...

Allan, I would like to discontinue my participation on this forum. So, I am asking that you please do not respond to me again. I wish you the very best in your spiritual endeavor. And, this has been a nice experience for me. Thank you.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:30 PM

309 posts, read 580,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
I believe that there may be a true guru, but it is not Gary Olsen.
Ok, establishing some common ground is good. Can you name a couple of living Gurus whom you believe 'may' be true gurus

Old 06-13-2009, 01:06 PM

Cutting out this individual post response in order to read several of end_of_faiths posts and respond in total

Quote:
Allan, I would like to discontinue my participation on this forum. So, I am asking that you please do not respond to me again. I wish you the very best in your spiritual endeavor. And, this has been a nice experience for me. Thank you.
Unfortunetly no I cannot. You have made inaccurate mischaracterizations of me that I would like to respond to, and asked questions and such. So I will be responding - but first I must attend to weeding of my flower beds while the sun is out and the rain is not here yet.

Of course you can decide at any time not to respond. Your participation has been voluntary all along has it not.

Last edited by allan1015; 06-13-2009 at 01:27 PM..

Old 06-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
And I believe you are meaning is it's own reward (has it's own reward like the giving of yourself.).

thank you.....

Old 06-13-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1015 View Post
Cutting out this individual post response in order to read several of end_of_faiths posts and respond in total

Unfortunetly no I cannot. You have made inaccurate mischaracterizations of me that I would like to respond to, and asked questions and such. So I will be responding - but of course you can decide at any time not to respond. Your participation has been voluntary all along.

That's fine Allan. Respond all you want.... and "you have made inaccurate mischaracterizations of me and others" that I will no longer respond to....

Again, best wishes in your spiritual endeavor...

Old 06-13-2009, 01:35 PM

"inaccurate mischaracterizations" .... is that a double negative? I don't know... just asking... feel free to include it in your lengthy and repetitious response. You really DO have a NEED to be RIGHT, don't ya Allan... Be right Allan. If that is your ultimate affirmation of spirituality, then please go for it.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by end_of_faith View Post
Here's how I see it:

1. There should be no question on the legitimacy of refund due to a person who, for whatever reason, did not attend a seminar.
Ok since this post was a bit set apart and factual and very focused and narrow, I think a quick response perhaps can offer some broader insights into two different views on things.

In my life experience I am not aware of any event I attended where I could ask for a refund after the event - with no questions asked.
I don't know of any organization who has such a policy to offer 'free refunds' (by free I mean no questions asked)

So while I find your view of how the world should work, in this case, to be a bit fanciful and idealism - I take no real exception to a view of that is how the world should work

What I take exception to, especially in terms of the topic of this thread is when you offer this as proof that MP / Sri Gary is corrupted, money hungry, unsympathetic, etc.

Are you not saying that all orgainizations in the world that don't follow your standard of free refunds - are corrupt, money hungry and unsympathetic?

So I sit here and I find your position so extreme and unrealistic in the first place, then when you wield it as an indication and proof of a corrupt man, it borders on the absurd - for me.

Perhaps there is something I am missing, and I'd be happy and opened to being corrected. But for now, this is the kind of stuff I find to undermine credibility. This is the kind of absurd, extreme stuff that I go to the assumption your just looking for excuses to find fault.

This looking for excuses to find fault is the type of behavior I characterized as an ex-lover. Meant only to paint the picture of when we see people after a bad break up and they just put down everything the ex friend/partner/lover does. They find a negative slant on everything.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:56 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1015 View Post
Ok, establishing some common ground is good. Can you name a couple of living Gurus whom you believe 'may' be true gurus
Nope, I don't waste my time finding people to define my spirituality.

I guess you haven't figured out that I don't need anybody to help me figure out my place in the universe.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:58 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times
allan, you apparently don't understand that end_of_faith has some particular experiences with Gary and the rest of those MP grifters that gives her an insight into just how corrupt they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality