Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 PM

309 posts, read 580,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcynic View Post
Manufacturing or exaggerating a crisis is a pretty standard ploy for cult leaders to use. Jim Jones did it...

Look at that result.
manipulating disjointed data points and trying to draw the illusion of relationships is a standard ploy for bigots and people that don't think clearly.

I am not exactly sure what Jim Jones manufacturted but I can safely say there was a clear intent to control, that Jones gained from such manipulation. IN fact you should complete your sentance.

"Manufacturing or exaggerating a crisis is a pretty standard ploy for cult leaders to gain control over their followers, to drive them together and isolate the community, or to increase donations, money, and revenues."

I am still waiting for someone to explain the 'gain' that MP organization or Gary got out of this discussion? Not from deepcynic of course, he historically has avoided facts that don't support his bigoted judgments.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
...your posts show that you have experienced the kind of pain that MP and Gary can inflict on folks.
Could you describe the scope of that pain and harm?

I mean so far I've not heard much more then the pain one experiences from a bad/failed relationship.

I was hurt by a girlfriend who cheated and left me, hurt like a ***** for years. Feelings of self doubt, anger, all those feelings. Are you suggesting someone has reported harm/pain/damage at levels beyond that?

Not to trivialize such common human issues, I am just not sure if you are 'seeing' something much worse and if so can you point that out?

Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,040,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1015 View Post
clear intent to control... gained from such manipulation.

I am still waiting for someone to explain the 'gain' that MP organization or Gary got out of this discussion? Not from deepcynic of course, he historically has avoided facts that don't support his bigoted judgments.
You answered the question, control is what is gained from manipulation.

Yep, presented not as fact, but as logic.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:45 PM

30 posts, read 56,580 times
I have 4 book 1's, 3 book 2's, 3 book 3's, and 3 book 4s. Let's don't forget all the contemplation note books, 1,2, &3 that I already had in printout form, or all the Letters books 1, 2, &3, and all the dictionaries. Do you guys remember the creepy one on one books addressing hygiene and how to talk to a seeker? Remember the Point of View news letters? Vahanna's? Vahanna Training? OMG its endlesss and definitely weird. Step outside the box. Get some fresh air. There is life without Masterpath, and I have to say for me, it is truer and more beautiful without the dogma and elitist attitude that Masterpath purports.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:07 PM

Do any of you remember the regional in November of 08' where Gary said we may start doing the regionals online instead of in person because everyone was hitting us for our money, such as the airlines, hotels and such. It really upset him and he would rather us give that money to masterpath instead of being raped by these entities. Like a path with a 3.5 million surplus needs that money for its survival or ability to do what? help the world? What a joke. Give him your money. Leave it to him in your wills. Surely you will be compensated in your afterlife. I mean no malice here. It's only a wake up call.

Last edited by SoulPatriot; 07-06-2009 at 11:17 PM..

Old 07-06-2009, 11:15 PM

Why all the Christian bashing? What an easy victim to purport your cause. You all know what I mean. How bout the endless seeker meetings that all carry the same message, that we pay 40 bucks to listen to again and again. They used to be free. I went to all of them because I believed he was a true Master. Guess I helped pay for the "cush life" he and Joy get to live. BTW, Gary used to purport that all true masters earn their own living with their own hands, as did previous masters. Wonder when he really stopped painting and went to playing golf and vacationing in the South Pacific? Wake. Up.

Last edited by SoulPatriot; 07-06-2009 at 11:31 PM..

Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
Here is what I know:
--Dues have doubled form $15 to $30 from 1993 to when 2006?
So?

--As of 2005 Masterpath has a 3.5 million dollar surplus in savings.
Maybe, so?

-- Gary proclaimed that "you must be in the physical body to achieve God realization".

Ok, not sure if this is a Gary or a Light & Sound teaching. But yes I am pretty sure that a tenet of L&S is that we come to human form as part of the path for self and then god realization. Actually not just human form.

-- Since then he has ammended this spiritual law to read, "after you become self-realized you leave the body because it cannot handle the vibration"

I don't agree. Which is to say that is not stated in any of the seminar tapes, or reading materails I have read. Could you point to some specific lecture, book tape, etc.?

Also, your language is highly subjective and accusatory. Gary 'amended laws' - thats a pretty sly way of making your accusation.

It could have been phrased as - the teaching was expanded on, or further clarified, or perhaps it was just that sometimes, for some people it happens differently, etc. Instead you choose to sneak in a judgement with no facts.

-- Gary proclaimed that after achieving self-realization you won't have to come back. now he has amended that to once you reach the third eye.

WOW DAMN, this is a COMPLETE and major change. WOW this throws the whole thing out of whack, OH MY GOD, this is MAJOR. THIS IS FRIEKEN Amazing data, please provide some places I can go to back this up soon.

--The photo's read completely cultish in the chelas homes.
I guess it could, though I don't think thats actually on a Harmful Cult Check List - it could be cultish.

--All costy a hefty sum.
I guess, never purchased one, don't have to, not told to, no teaching pushes me to, nothing suggest I will get 'there' faster if I buy a picture. But I understand that there are some people that like that kind of stuff.

Curious, why did you? Why do you have these all over your living room? What motivated you to purchase them all?

--All followers on paths with false gurus have dream experiences. Ask anyone from Eckenkar if they have seen their false Master on the inner.

Actually I haven't had such a dream. Not one where I saw Gary or a someone that looked like him. I am not alone in this either from my discussions with others. The dream experience isnt 'required' nor the basis for my continued interest.

So, do people on paths with true gurus also have the same experiences? Im not sure if your point is the 'dream' experience is a wash as 'proof' that it could happen on both true and false paths, or is your point that it only happens on false paths?

--He has suggested that the chelas dont get married until self-realization ( like he did)

Amazing, I just listened to a tape today, this very day, where Gary said EXACTLY the opposite from that. Well he said specifically he takes no such position on when and how people get married or live there life at all and was very unclear where someone picked up such a interpratation.

That said, I can completely understand how things like marriage, career changes, kids, other types of life commitments could be distractions, could take you off the daily practice, etc. So if your priority and desire was for spiritual growth it might be distracted by marriage. BUT its a personal choice at best.

The only issue Is what do you want to be the priority in your life.

-- an example of him subtly robbing a devoted chela of their chance for Love. I know a couple of chelas that quote that one all the time.

Yeah, so? I mean apparently chelas come in all kinds of sizes, shapes and come out of the same meeting with disjointed interpretations, etc. If there is anything I've learned is to think for myself, I listen to other chelas but make my own decisions.

Life is Shabda and Shabda is Life. Don't use MP to run from your life, get married, get divorced, just do your exercises.

--He creates an atmosphere of disdain for this world and our lives in it.
Horse****. Ok, let me rephrase that. Its your opinion and how you feel in the teachings fine. Its subjective and simply not what I've heard him say. This is how I interpret on this issue:

Firstly the L&S theology/metaphysics teach that this level of existence is fairly low on the scale of the entire cosmos/planes of existence etc.

Second the teaching, again not specific to MP, is that one will experience these feelings of disdain, of coarseness, as one becomes more aware of higher experiences/levels of existence. As i understand it this is a transitory feeling/experience. As I see it He's not creating these feelings, he is as a teacher telling its part of the experience, not to be surprised or let it sidetrack you. to move through it.

Lastly, he has said that many people come to MP already feeling disdain for this life, this existence. That again is not him creating this feeling.

So, I disagree with you that he creates this atmosphere, he more reports it then anything, imho.

--creates an atmosphere of fear and loathing.
What can I say, another subjective opinion and again not one of my experience. If thats your take away, thats your take away. We are simply left with different take aways with your opinion be as valid as my opinion.

As far as this 'giving' away of power, again a personal interprataion, I walk away hearing exactly the opposite.

You hear depend on the master - to mean depend on Gary, I hear Gary saying exactly the opposite, don't depend on me, don't ask me for consulting, don't ask me if you should get married or not. Go inside, depend on the inner master, learn to depend on yourself, the inner master (which in the end is my 'self')

I hear and feel and practice self reliance, self empowerment, you hear just the opposite. I'd be happy to explore the differences further but I don't see it being productive unless we work with specific teachings, passages, etc, something to add some objective aspect.

---In fact masterpath meets 11 of the 15 possible requirements for a cult...google it...you can take the cult test yourself.

Oh wow data, finally. Which cult test, red flag test did you take? Why not post your answers here. I'll answer from my perspective and experience, you from yours. Might be interesting, might not be as we may find its all in how you answer the subjective questions.

--I know a chela that kept over a pound of weed in his freezer for the "Master".
ROFL - that is so stupid. I mean the freezer sucks out the oils and over time drys the pot out and weakens it. Its like the old myth about keeping coffee in the freezer, it harms it it, not keeps it fresh. Cool maybe, to protect from mold, but freezer is nuts really.
In any case, can you maybe get me in contact with the chela?

I do wonder, if you could ask him, how he rationalized being a chela and this? I mean wouldn't anyone doing this immediately stop being a chela? What kind of rationalization did he come up with? or what kind was he told?

What blatant plagerism?

Last edited by allan1015; 07-07-2009 at 01:04 AM..

Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Do any of you remember the regional in November of 08' where Gary said we may start doing the regionals online instead of in person because everyone was hitting us for our money, such as the airlines, hotels and such.
Yes absolutely. Being in the east coast I thought it was a great idea.
It even prompted me to write a letter to volunteer my technical services/expertise to help make it a reality.

Quote:
It really upset him and he would rather us give that money to masterpath instead of being raped by these entities.
That is your negative spin and opinion. it may even be a flat out lie if your going to pretend he said that or anything close to it. It is not supported by the words, only by your reading between the words, if that.

I found it to be a compassionate understadning of the realities of the financial times the US and the world is in. It was forward looking adn much welcomed in my view.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Wonder when he really stopped painting and went to playing golf and vacationing in the South Pacific?
Any reports on what he does when he is there? Pictures?
videos? Do you have any data other then he went there? Do you know when he is going next? What town/city? I mean its hard to hide now a days and there might be away to reach out to some anti-cult friends down there, get some shots of him drunk and smoking a splif while getting oral sex, things like that.

As to why he stopped working. how old is he?
Is it unethical for someone at retirement age to sorta retire and focus on, teaching, writing, etc?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
You answered the question, control is what is gained from manipulation.
You missed the point, How the 06 and the 09 teaching on possible pandemics 'controlled' me? I wanted something more specifics then an allusion to subjective possibilities.

As a side note, Gary isn't alone, there is a TON of people, futurist, psychics, economists, people, 2012 mythology around that is instilling fear, and honesly much more concern then Gary is.

I wonder to you think this fear is all part of some control tactic of some kabal, illumanati, aliens, etc?

Or do you feel some of these folks are honestly reporting their feelings, intuition and trying to help, warn, wake up others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality