Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 07:29 PM

30 posts, read 56,539 times

Advertisements

Here is what bothers me. The Masterpath is elitist. Gary tells his students that he is the greatest Master ever to be on the planet. Those 2000 or so students are the most evolved on the planet. The only way to self and god realization is through a sat guru. He has pretty much said that he is the only one worth considering. Those that leave him will suffer "many lifetimes of pain and heartache". Taken from the 6th initiation booklet. "We have all left him before, that is why we are back in the body". Sounds kinda similar to the Christian doctrine, his way or the highway of pain and heartache. NOT. This path is a cult in its truest sense. It subtley robs the students of their power. The severely brainwashed ones exclaim the master this and the master that in everything that goes down in their lives. Master, master, master. All power is given to the Master (gary) who diseminates the students kharma and offers his protection. Wonder what Doug Montgomery felt when his fifth initiate boyfriend methodically murdered him with butter knives that kept "breaking". Where was his protection? He was even a Seva Chela. Wonder why the "Master" never spoke of his demise to the chela body? How can you explain something so gruesome happening to the elite of the planet by the hands of one of the elite? And still no comment from the greatest being alive. Doug was a dear friend of mine and I am pissed his passing was swept under the rug. He deserved more than that. He was a devoted student of you Gary. Lets continue. Another beef of mine. How can you pander for donations (Masters global cause....5th initiates if they don't do physical seva), when you have millions in surplus? You always act like the path is barely getting by as Joy and you make 80,000 each plus with house paid for, for what? You only hold a few meetings a year. What a joke. You feel you deserve that money after you worked the fact that all Sat Gurus make their own living by their own hands and then you plaigarized the masterpath works? Sounds divinely inspired to me. Old wine new bottle my ass. This path is not sqeaky clean. Chelas open your minds. There is no masterpath Lite. You pay your dues, you support a fraud. The lectures are elementary at best. Boring and repetative. The most interesting talks were the fear mongering Bird flu, swine flu, Bush is a visionary....etc. The bird flu turned the chela body upside down. Enjoy that Kharma Gary. There really is no debate Peacemaker. Open your eyes or continue the delusion that you are almost home and this pitiful man will deliver you. I feel for you. I was once as deluded.

Last edited by SoulPatriot; 11-19-2009 at 08:22 PM..

Old 11-19-2009, 07:44 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
... Gary tells his students that he is the greatest Master ever to be on the planet. ... The only way to self and god realization is through a sat guru. ... Those that leave him will suffer "many lifetimes of pain and heartache". ... All power is given to the Master (gary) who diseminates the students kharma and offers his protection. ... Bush is a visionary...

Is this any sort of 'religion' that anyone would really want to buy into.

And 'buy' into is just exactly what you have to do to participate.

This is so obviously a bogus scam that it boggles my mind.

Quote:
Open your eyes or continue the delusion that you are almost home and this pitiful man will deliver you. I feel for you. I was once as deluded.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:08 PM

I correct myself. It was Joy that said he was the greatest Master ever on the planet.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:42 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,252 times
Quote:
I correct myself. It was Joy that said he was the greatest Master ever on the planet.
Correction noted...

Surely she has no vested interest in folks believing that and continuing to flood money into the both of them.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:43 PM

"15 Dollars going down"....an arrogant, egocentric proclamation given by the highest being on the planet in the summer of 93'. LIES , lIES, lIES.........( IN REFERENCE TO THE DUES FOR MASTERPATH) Surely you old timers remember this? Under rug swept. Skeletons in the closet. Bold face lie. What an example of truth. Gotta devote myself to this Liar. GET REAL. Can you really ignore the inconsistencies and 150 olive trees that are easily seen on google earth?

Old 11-19-2009, 08:48 PM

175 posts, read 424,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceMaker21 View Post

Here is the link to the file I DM'd to @EOF last night - a printed-snapshot of the www.MasterPath.org website from the year 2000:

Please sign in to your eSnips account

So may we all proceed in our individual paths, in peace and in love.

PM21
Peacemaker,

How did you access or obtain a copy of the FAQ?

My initial impression: the information has been recently edited and/or re-written. The only thing that would quell my doubt is hardcore physical proof, as in seeing the dates of alteration on the original hard-drive where the original document is/has been stored. The proof that I would now insist extends far beyond believing you, and definitely not the ‘word of your guru.’ So, (in my mind) your Guru’s credibility is still very much on the line.

As far as me being ‘undoubtedly sincere at-one-time’…can I take it to mean that (in your mind) ‘sincerity’ is only as good as a person’s willingness to believe that Gary is a Swateh Saint? Or phrased another way: it sounds like only dues paying members of MasterPath are considered ‘sincere’ in your way of thinking.

I will restate what I previously said before reading the FAQ: Based on my inner and outer experience, I know that your Guru is not Sat.

Instead of inquiring about the details that led to this conclusion, why don’t you offer up the details that lead you to believe it is true? Why? Because your ‘guru’ tells you so?

In ‘leading with the heart of my third eye,’ that FAQ is exemplary testament of an exquisitely crafted pile of sacred cow dung.

Oh, sure there’s some ‘nuggets of relative truth’ strewn throughout, but to accept it as Absolute Truth…nah, I’ll pass. Pretty words and a couple poems by Rumi do not make Absolute Truth. Ambiguity does not equal clarity and truthfulness.

Experience, knowingness, and wisdom tell me that the hand of your Guru did not solely write the FAQ’s. Those are not his words alone, nor are the principles of Surat Shabd Yoga ‘his intellectual property’. That written document doesn’t even sound like Gary the man. I thought your guru was the living embodiment of the ‘inner Sat Guru, a spotless mirror’… a pure reflection of unadulterated Absolute Truth to all ‘with the eyes and ears to see and hear.’ Sorry, Peacemaker, the varnished version of make-believe in the ambiguity of those fancy words, and the circular logic in those ‘exquisitely’ edited pages is easy to see and hear.

Funny, that MP (and chelas) are now using words like intellectual property, copyright, and fair-use in reference to the ‘Master’s works.’ I guess your master has evolved since the inception of MP. I don’t recall him touting legal ownership of MP’s intellectual property when he plagiarized the “original MP” books and discourses from Eckankar and Radha Soami literature. It’s funny how that works.

Instead, we were told the plagiarism was only 10 to 15%. Based on a significant personal experience in 2005, I would say the exact opposite is closer to the truth. But I suppose if the guru is intellectually smart enough to hide the truth of his own actions through repeated editing by his wife (and now by those “on the payroll”), it flies as spiritually valid and authentic.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 PM

There is more. Remember when you had to be in the physical body to become God realized? I have the tapes and can quote it. Now, when you become self realized you translate (DIE), because the physical body cannot handle the vibration. Got it on tape. Can Quote. The story keeps on changing, Guess he is so stoned he doesn't remember what all he has said over the years. OMG, there is soooo much more. WAKE UP!! PS... the so stoned comes from personal accounts of people I know and a supposed God Realized being I have smoked down with. Some Sat Guru. Stoned equals no more incarnations. Done deal. Smoke it up!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
The property looks pretty austere...according to Zillow it's valued at $184k. Doesn't mean they don't have real estate and assets elsewhere. But, it would appear that they live pretty simply on Mecca Road.
Hi Shuffler,

In some ways, Gary and Joy are very different than most of the scumbags claiming to be gurus, but (imo) they are no less deceptive and dishonest in their representation of truth. I agree that, on the surface, their living quarters appear rather simple and austere. The big money is not in the real estate value of the home/s. The real expense and extravagant spending lies in the extensive landscaping and maintenance of the property itself.

So, here’s a recap of what I’ve been made aware:
That property was purchased and paid off in 5 years. Let’s be conservative and say that at least ~450k has been spent for landscaping, etc. Landscaping includes olive trees, 5 mature Queen(?) Palms brought in on semi’s at ~10k a piece (don’t know the cost for delivery & planting of ‘giant tropical trees’ in the desert!). It also includes major cleaning and brush removal, large boulders brought in and carefully placed, intricate water sprinkling system with several hundred bubblers, full lawn in backyard, small wooden fences, burm, well(s?), storage facility, maintenance tools, equipment, and supplies, etc.

Plus, the MP expense for maintaining that ‘moderately priced home’ is 80k annually (according to his secretary in 2006). That property is located in a desert community where no one wants to live. The area is rife with ‘druggies, alchies,’ and degenerates hiding from society. A lot of people who live in that area are missing huge sections of teeth.

The Olsen’s enjoy the privilege of a salaried gardener (chela) who is paid by MP and whose only job is to take care of that property: checking sprinklers, mowing, raking, cleaning, repairing, planting, plus putting gas into the Olsen’s personal vehicles, etc. As of 2006, the gardener was also driving a corporate truck and receiving benefits (health, IRA, etc). I’m guessing that MP possibly spends more money on the Olsen’s gardener than the current market value of their nearest neighbor, or the current real estate value of the Guest House.

Plus, there is the sauna, workout room, tanning bed, golf cart, Guest house, furniture, re-stocking supplies, company vehicles in CA and MN, large screen TV’s, special Temper-pedic bed/pillows, living room furniture, leather recliners, etc., anything they want is somehow funded by MP. How? Well, maybe they could provide a thorough breakdown with details from the beginning to 2009. And if everything they have done/are doing is ‘within the bounds of the law’, well, then it can be fairly assessed by the individual’s own internal compass for gauging the ‘spiritual ethics’ of someone claiming to be a “humble Saint.”

As far as a real estate investment, it is a total loss. There is no way that MP will ever re-coup the money that has been dropped into that undesirable desert community. But given the way that they operate, it would be no surprise if they sold the property to the Olsen’s as a tax write-off loss to MP, and those who have benefited all along would continue to reap the benefits of playing the system to serve their end desire and personal will.

That is one of Gary’s teaching tools: “make the world serve them”. It appears he is indeed a master of making others in his image to serve him and his wife. I guess the real truth behind his message is simple: he is not here to improve, help, or change the world…but it does appear that he is very adept at using the system to serve, improve, and en-rich his physical life.

SoulPatriot is correct about the dues, and Gary saying the dues would be going down from 25, instead they went up to 30.00. Every incremental increase in dues can be correlated to an increase in salaries and benefits. The last six months that I was "on the payroll"...they were dropping 1k a month into IRA's for staff chelas. Gary and Joy had been set-up with IRA accounts for years before I was even told about it. I think some real interesting numbers would be their personal tax returns, bank statements, savings accounts, and IRA's. What are their actual personal expenses? From what I understand their salary is total discretionary spending money! That was Gary's wish for him and his wife. He must think that is a fair and honest way to make a living as a 'guru'.

When MP began, the dues were 10.00/month (same as Eckankar). We were also receiving a Discourse and Contemplation each month. There was no 'non-profit' status. No one was receiving a salary, and we were all working other jobs to support ourselves (well, with the exception of one). Times have changed…radically.

Last edited by end_of_faith; 11-20-2009 at 08:55 AM..

Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 AM

1,663 posts, read 4,361,783 times
So he's built this nice little business model for himself that allows them to fly under the radar while still raking in tons of money with minimal effort...brilliant! Probably grows his own dope there, too, by the look and sound of things...but I could be wrong.

And yet the lack of credibility, the plagiarism, deception, elusiveness, drugs, oppression, and possibly being a tax cheat aren't enough to sway the 'enlightened' souls of Masterpath to question any this!

Talk about "blind faith"...it's alive and well in the world of MasterPath. How people let themselves be misled when the truth is so obvious is beyond me.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulpatriot View Post

wonder what doug montgomery felt when his fifth initiate boyfriend methodically murdered him with butter knives that kept "breaking". Where was his protection? He was even a seva chela. Wonder why the "master" never spoke of his demise to the chela body? How can you explain something so gruesome happening to the elite of the planet by the hands of one of the elite? And still no comment from the greatest being alive. Doug was a dear friend of mine and i am pissed his passing was swept under the rug. He deserved more than that. He was a devoted student of you gary.
wtf?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.