Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 09:30 PM

484 posts, read 2,210,117 times

Advertisements

I used to be blessed once like the buddha with a good childhood and just a fantastical magical place.
Then one day my parents broke up, and I was out on the streets thus facing the real world. I was starving, cold, hungry, all while my friends were sleeping with their stomachs full. I used to be christian before all this happened and just went to "church" because my parents were and it was a routine thing. When i started to think for myself, I thought would I really believe in christianity if my parents didnt take me there? I also thought if I was born in a different place in a different situation would I be christain?
the answer was no. Being in my teen years then I was immature and said i became athiest during my teen years. Then I thought that was too stupid and became agnostic. After these few years I went under a self check for everything and found Zen.
I personally hate religion. I see it as something that corrupts people though religions do have good points such as FAITH and HOPE. But in reality that doesnt exist. Zen is the 1st thing made by an ACTUAL regular person with NO GOD, but just a WAY of life that can be brought from the mind,.
Zen is just taking the present and just going with the flow like a leaf going down a stream. Just the flow of water.
It does not partake in the present, or the future but NOW. the present.
Also it insits of why do we go so far beyond our borders when our borders itself we have not mastered such as the OCEAN.
our shore is more than enough.
To truly find ur belief, is to think and close ur eyes to that complete blankness before u were born. that completely empty blankness.
i believe when we die, that is where we will end up. though the people we have met on our journey/life will still remember us and that is whats left of "us" in the world.
Zen is just a way of life for me, not a religion.
To me it is just the now, life as it is.
Thanks for listening to my rant. At the same time I respect all other religions, but dont like people using that in a cult like way.

Also another STRONG why i dont believe in christianity is that it is pretty much something plagarized from the Egyptians of their other God.
Zeitgeist - The Movie (http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm - broken link)
^seek the truth for urself.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 03:21 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,266,662 times
"When love and hate are both absent
everything becomes clear and undisguised.
Make the smallest distinction, however,
and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart."

-Hsin hsin ming, Zen poet.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:18 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,142 times
Mrgrape, I am sorry to hear that you reject Christianity. I have listened to your rant and hope you find peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality