Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 03:27 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
So, can you tell us how it started and what it means? Is is spirituality in a way?
Juggalos are confused individuals that are a product of the break down of the white middle class/lower class family, hero worship, and the emasculatory expectations of society. Usually characterized as indolent, witless, overly self-glorifying, and speak a lot of **** about anyone but are never concerned about backing it up because they won't. All these traits are an attempt for a cohesive group structure that accepts them and will tolerate their unfounded angst/effeminate banter or actions.

The term derived from the Insance Clown Posse in the late 80's at the start of their career. It was mainly meant to define people who were too different (like them) to be accepted in other social groups . . . and they can socialize and relate to one another but with no offense to anyone else. A juggalo is not a fan or groupie of the Insane Clown Posse, that would just be a fan. It's more of a state of mind and a real juggalo never stereotypes him/herself just like the punks did in the 70's, but just like the punks, juggalos were misunderstood, manipulated and exploited in being something that they're not. A juggalo has nothing to do with ICP's music, style, or often times offensive lyrics. The deeper meaning of juggalo falls into category with originality. ICP calls themselves juggalos, they can't possibly be a fan of their own music especially when the term was made up before they were big. A purely American occurance . . . it is on par with Chavs and Wiggers.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Every Juggalo I've ever met has been a complete D-bag.

I played music for many years and there were SOOO many Juggalos kicked out of our clubs/venues for doing drugs inside, threatening people and just generally being rude, inconsiderate people.

It's kind of sad when you're so attention starved that you crash a bluegrass jam session and ask everyone if they want to smoke dope with you... which has happened to me TWICE.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
It's a made up lable to slap on yourself when you don't know what else to do and want to identify yourself as part of a particular group. I am fully aware of what it means and for the most part it means nothing, as is the case with most labels.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:09 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Thanks Mystic. That helps a lot. Never met any though and it sounds as if I don't want to.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:50 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
From what I've read I don't think I want to be a Juggalo but I wouldn't mind being a gigolo.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 AM

Old 06-05-2009, 06:37 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
From what I've read I don't think I want to be a Juggalo but I wouldn't mind being a gigolo.
not with today's status, sir!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:53 PM

4 posts, read 21,361 times
Default Break Down

Before reading this is not a college essay so please pay attention to the point im trying to make and not the many grammatical errors
Thanx

In response to Mystic and his glories PHD and anybody else who doesn't know what they are talking about...My name is Andrew I’m 23 and currently pursuing my masters degree at Arizona State for New Product Innovations...SO if that makes me more creditable....Okay to start off I consider myself a juggalo I don’t wear all the Hatchet Man clothes or paint my face but that’s my choice, I still respect all the other juggalos the same as id respect you and they do the same for me...The word juggalo came from a song that icp did called the juggla from there October 18, 1992 album Carnival of Carnage, they were doing the song at a concert and violent J kind of accidentally mispronounced the word and the crowed took off with it from there. And my source for that tid-bit is There Biography Behind The Paint which came out January 18, 2006...now before understanding juggalos try to understand ICP, they were poor kids growing up in Detroit Michigan, let me rephrase that in lamin terms they were white trash growing up in a **** hole...better...violent J is a little more open about his life then shaggy so I cant tell you much about him, however violent j or Joe Bruce grew up in southwest Detroit with his brother and sister...there father left them at a young age, so there mother was there only provider. there mother held many job's at a time but she always made sure to volunteer at church...my goodness...anyway there mother re-married, her new fellow was not the best character he physically abused the boys and sexually molested the sister....now this is just the tip of the ice burg on there up bring I’m sorry to say...but since you all seem so concerned about this topic I’m sure you all have researched them, and have at least read the biography???...NO...well it's okay I’m sure your not the only morons who criticize with no kind of grounds nor knowledge on the topic the name of the book is Behind The Paint read it stupid....anyhow back to the topic at hand...I just wanted to express the relation between some of the juggalos and the Band...Most of those stupid rowdy morons you call juggalos, kind of had it a little hard then MR.PHD and please Mystic don’t respond with a sob story about your rough childhood cause I could careless...anyway ICP started a saga or gimmick if you will called the joker cards...there releases were over course of ten years or so...each album had a specific message and each message on the first five lead up to there large message reveled on the sixth...There larger message was this they told the juggalo world that they follow GOD Jesus Christ to spell it out for you, they told the juggalos that there not sorry if the juggalos felt ICP tricked them, they said and I quote, "The Carnival is God and may all juggalos find him"...geez horrible group of people I know they rap about killing and murder and sex with dead people what is going on...well here is my conclusion I believe ICP wanted to do something bigger...how many people who go into a Christian book store to by a Christian album have not already been touched by God??? I’d the majority of people who even set foot in a Christian book store have a relationship with God...now how many people living in poverty and in the ghettos and those people addicted to drugs and those kids that are breaking into cars and houses, how many of those people have a relationship with God??? I know for a fact that they feel like God and the rest of the world has abandoned them because of the way people like you get on here and condemn them because of they way they dress and the way they talk your pathetic...So what did ICP do the devised a style of music to relate to the people who need to hear there message the message that God has not abandoned them the rest of the world may have but God still luvs us all and not to give up on life just cause the world is corrupt full of people who don’t care about each other doesn’t mean we need to give of on trying to better ourselves...And yes we all realize that there are juggalos who don’t try to better themselves better there are still so who do...I myself am evidence and as long as there message reached one person its a success...and just for the record I’ve never seen and ICP concert I own 2 albums and I don’t own one piece of ICP clothing or any other kind of merchandise for that matter, I’m just a person who applauds there greater message and enjoys there music and I enjoy hanging out with juggalos
GOD BLESS and MCL
Andrew James

Last edited by AndrewJames; 06-06-2009 at 12:01 AM..

Old 06-06-2009, 02:47 AM

Thanks for that Andrew.
I know who ICP is because the boyfriend listens to them. I don't know anything about the faith or religion of the juggalo.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:02 PM

4 posts, read 21,361 times
The juggalo Faith??? its not any different then the faith of anybody else Insane Clown Posse shared with the juggalos that they are Christians, thats all... there are many different religions in this worlds, im sure there are Mormon juggalos, Christian juggalos, Jehovah’s witness juggalos, atheist juggalos, agnostic juggalos...juggalo is not a belief systems just a group of people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality