Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 07:56 PM

8 posts, read 36,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJames View Post
Before reading this is not a college essay so please pay attention to the point im trying to make and not the many grammatical errors
Thanx

In response to Mystic and his glories PHD and anybody else who doesn't know what they are talking about...My name is Andrew I’m 23 and currently pursuing my masters degree at Arizona State for New Product Innovations...SO if that makes me more creditable....Okay to start off I consider myself a juggalo I don’t wear all the Hatchet Man clothes or paint my face but that’s my choice, I still respect all the other juggalos the same as id respect you and they do the same for me...The word juggalo came from a song that icp did called the juggla from there October 18, 1992 album Carnival of Carnage, they were doing the song at a concert and violent J kind of accidentally mispronounced the word and the crowed took off with it from there. And my source for that tid-bit is There Biography Behind The Paint which came out January 18, 2006...now before understanding juggalos try to understand ICP, they were poor kids growing up in Detroit Michigan, let me rephrase that in lamin terms they were white trash growing up in a **** hole...better...violent J is a little more open about his life then shaggy so I cant tell you much about him, however violent j or Joe Bruce grew up in southwest Detroit with his brother and sister...there father left them at a young age, so there mother was there only provider. there mother held many job's at a time but she always made sure to volunteer at church...my goodness...anyway there mother re-married, her new fellow was not the best character he physically abused the boys and sexually molested the sister....now this is just the tip of the ice burg on there up bring I’m sorry to say...but since you all seem so concerned about this topic I’m sure you all have researched them, and have at least read the biography???...NO...well it's okay I’m sure your not the only morons who criticize with no kind of grounds nor knowledge on the topic the name of the book is Behind The Paint read it stupid....anyhow back to the topic at hand...I just wanted to express the relation between some of the juggalos and the Band...Most of those stupid rowdy morons you call juggalos, kind of had it a little hard then MR.PHD and please Mystic don’t respond with a sob story about your rough childhood cause I could careless...anyway ICP started a saga or gimmick if you will called the joker cards...there releases were over course of ten years or so...each album had a specific message and each message on the first five lead up to there large message reveled on the sixth...There larger message was this they told the juggalo world that they follow GOD Jesus Christ to spell it out for you, they told the juggalos that there not sorry if the juggalos felt ICP tricked them, they said and I quote, "The Carnival is God and may all juggalos find him"...geez horrible group of people I know they rap about killing and murder and sex with dead people what is going on...well here is my conclusion I believe ICP wanted to do something bigger...how many people who go into a Christian book store to by a Christian album have not already been touched by God??? I’d the majority of people who even set foot in a Christian book store have a relationship with God...now how many people living in poverty and in the ghettos and those people addicted to drugs and those kids that are breaking into cars and houses, how many of those people have a relationship with God??? I know for a fact that they feel like God and the rest of the world has abandoned them because of the way people like you get on here and condemn them because of they way they dress and the way they talk your pathetic...So what did ICP do the devised a style of music to relate to the people who need to hear there message the message that God has not abandoned them the rest of the world may have but God still luvs us all and not to give up on life just cause the world is corrupt full of people who don’t care about each other doesn’t mean we need to give of on trying to better ourselves...And yes we all realize that there are juggalos who don’t try to better themselves better there are still so who do...I myself am evidence and as long as there message reached one person its a success...and just for the record I’ve never seen and ICP concert I own 2 albums and I don’t own one piece of ICP clothing or any other kind of merchandise for that matter, I’m just a person who applauds there greater message and enjoys there music and I enjoy hanging out with juggalos
GOD BLESS and MCL
Andrew James

Really good explanation.

And the murder lyrics are what throw people off of the fact that we, juggalos, follow God. If you pay close attention to the songs revolving specifically about murder, you'll realize it's more of a story. The people they are describing the murder are people who abuse their family or biggots. Listen to...Hokus Pokus...and Halls of Illusions. You'll see what I'm talking about. Also, the song Pass Me By explains their belief in God as well as Thy Unvieling.

It's much deeper than most can understand and you'll really have to dig deep down in the lyrics to grasp the concept. Which is usually the reason that most people don't like the juggalos they first meet because the ones they meet obviously haven't found the true meaning of a juggalo and what we stand for. Don't judge all juggalos as violent and gang members. Honestly, that's only the juggalos who don't quite understand or the one's who will NEVER understand.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:11 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarnieLette View Post
Really good explanation.

And the murder lyrics are what throw people off of the fact that we, juggalos, follow God. If you pay close attention to the songs revolving specifically about murder, you'll realize it's more of a story. The people they are describing the murder are people who abuse their family or biggots. Listen to...Hokus Pokus...and Halls of Illusions. You'll see what I'm talking about. Also, the song Pass Me By explains their belief in God as well as Thy Unvieling.

It's much deeper than most can understand and you'll really have to dig deep down in the lyrics to grasp the concept. Which is usually the reason that most people don't like the juggalos they first meet because the ones they meet obviously haven't found the true meaning of a juggalo and what we stand for. Don't judge all juggalos as violent and gang members. Honestly, that's only the juggalos who don't quite understand or the one's who will NEVER understand.
See now, you just verified that this is just another way for people to feel like they are special. If you follow god then you are a follower of god, if you want to slap the word "juggalo" on that go ahead, but it's nothing different than the many other lables people who follow god slap on themselves. As long as you realize that then you are solid. But if you can't grasp it...well...

Old 06-06-2009, 10:58 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJames View Post
In response to Mystic and his glories PHD and anybody else who doesn't know what they are talking about...
Well Andrew . . . I and my PhD read your entire diatribe and saw nothing in it to contradict what I said. In fact, much of it confirmed what I said . . . especially about the middle and lower class disenfranchised and emasculated . . . and your own acknowledgment that the general juggalo one is likely to encounter (not you or Karnielette) is apt to be exactly as I described (not being "true" juggalos).

Old 06-06-2009, 11:56 PM

4 posts, read 21,363 times
Mystic the truth is you were not far off in your description...except for this bit... "Usually characterized as indolent, witless, overly self-glorifying, and speak a lot of **** about anyone but are never concerned about backing it up because they won't."....go talk some **** to a juggalo and see what happens....but to be honest I’m sure we're all above the immaturity that comes from that type of non-sense....my juggalo friends consider me to be true juggalo I probably know more about the juggalo world then most of the face painting hatchet man wearing juggalos, so to contradict you if that’s what you were wanting....I am a juggalo, a true juggalo amongst the juggalo world, and I did grow up poor and with no money and limited opportunity, yet I am already a college graduate and will soon be graduating with my master's degree...now do I seem like a, as you so maturely put it, an indolent, witless, overly self-glorifying, that speaks a lot of ****...juggalos are not doomed to failure they do have the drive to rise above there flaws...now I’m happy that I could help confirm your comment about how the world has abandoned the lower class and passes judgment onto people who have problems and issues that they must face...and your comment on how people like you and others do no kind of research before criticizing others life styles...oh excuse me that is not what you said is it?, so in other words you missed my point completely not surprised coming from a PhD that’s so above us all with his wide and impressive vocabulary that he uses only to show as all how amazing he is, do us all a favor save it, I’m getting tired of having to Goggling words...my intent was not to contradict your comment but to maybe expand your knowledge on the topic or at least inspire you to look into the subject a little more before criticizing it, you are entitled to your opinion, if you dislike juggalos that’s your opinion. you just sound like a fool to us, the people who actually know what a juggalo is and where they come from, because, you don’t know what your talking about...do your research come back and we will have a fair and balanced argument about, What a juggalo is...
God Bless and MCL
AndrewJames

Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
^^

boahhh, what an intro... much impressed by social upward mobility, never make it to meet you there, huh???

Old 06-07-2009, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,570 times
Talking :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Pft, I am still the younger generation and spend a lot of time with my head tilted to the side saying "Huh?" .. I only gained a minor understanding of the juggalo stuff a few months ago when I heard two different stories, one involving parents who's infant had died and they had a "Juggalo" funeral for her, complete with imagery and face paint. The second was a young man who was beheaded and made into a snack by a crazy scissor wielding cannibal on a bus in Canada.
well imma juggalo and ive been a juggalo for quite a long time and well first i think the juggalo funeral was a little wrong. . . and second the juggalo who was murdered in canada was beheaded with a knife but he wasnt turned into a snack the guy who killed him just held his head and taunted everyone who ran off the bus and also we dont think icp is the best band ever i personally dont i think all the other psychopathic rappers are better but we love them because they started all the juggalo family and also we dont think faygo is the holy drink hell no i drink pepsi lol but its just a drink icp liked and it represents how most juggalos are scrubby and can only afford the GV stuff like i drink sams cola when i cant afford pepsi lol or shasta which is the faygo of the southwest and also if you dont know what a juggalo is its not a religion at all most juggalos are different religions its sort of like a collision of religions and also juggalos is a family for people who dont really have a family at home or come from broken familes just research it and dont believe that its a gang because it definantly is not a gang at all nore are all juggalos in a gang im a juggalo and i dont smoke drink and im not gang affiliated so dont automatically judge all of us

Old 06-07-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
See now, you just verified that this is just another way for people to feel like they are special. If you follow god then you are a follower of god, if you want to slap the word "juggalo" on that go ahead, but it's nothing different than the many other lables people who follow god slap on themselves. As long as you realize that then you are solid. But if you can't grasp it...well...
And apparently you've just verified that you didn't "grasp" what point I was trying to make. If you feel the need to prove me wrong on something I KNOW then be my guest but I will do everything I can to shut you down because it's honestly people like you who are so self absorbed in what they feel is acceptable that people like us juggalos can't feel appreciated because we are just another social click. The funny thing is, we aren't a clique. We're a family and I bet we are closer than half of you and your friends. If you don't understand now, you obviously never will and you've made that point very clear. Juggalo has a deeper meaning than just psychopathic clowns rapping with lyrics that have secret meanings to follow god. We didn't <i>slap</i> anything on. But instead of you replying to this with a message defending yourself trying to sound well educated and proving nothing except that you know nothing about juggalos, try posting on a topic you know something about from a personal perspective and not just about what you made up or heard.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
What does WCL mean?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 AM

Wicked Clown Love.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
I went to school with a few Juggalos back in Ohio. They seemed to be just another sub-culture to me. There was nothing that different about them. Every group is going to have different musical preferences, clothing, favorite drink, etc. That's normal.

Juggalos are not even close to being a religion. They're like goths or skaters or preps. Just another group with common interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality