Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 02:16 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Darwin fish are cool. However, I've had several of them damaged or physically removed from my vehicle by people who for some reason took offense. Look, I don't tear off or deface your "Jesus Saves" or "Honk for Jesus" or "It's Not A Choice, It's a Baby" bumperstickers or your Christian fishy-thing, don't rip off my Darwin fish.
Me too, man....me too :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 01:13 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I was afraid to put a Darwin fish on my car. It appears that my fears were justified. How sad.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I keep seeing a symbol for fish on cars but do not know what they mean?
I know it some type of Christianity type symbol but what is the real meaning if any of these symbols?
Early Christians were a tiny minority - they were the little fish in a big pond..the early symbol of the faith was a little fish - It was Romanization that created the cruxifix..that was an early Persian instrument of torture that Rome adopted.

Also - some of the fish portrayed in early art works were flying fish...That a fish could leap out of it's element and be protected by natural law such as gravity - The fish could fly..be seen - and express it self - by the time the pagan preditor attempted to snatch the fish out of the air - gravity or devine natural law would save the fish by drawing it back down into the water. Christianity is kind of shamanistic to a degree - highly dependent on the natural - where as state sponsored religions of the time depended on the artifical - and laws that were un-natuarl - so in a sense an early Christian was super - natrual...and thus untouchable.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Me too, man....me too :/
Darwin disected the work of the creator...I don't believe that you will find any quote by Darwin "there is no God" - The interpretation of Darwins writing back in about 1859 were slightly perverted - Industrialist at the time some how twisted his ideas into the concept of "survival of the fittest" or as some would insist "the strong" - This began a justication by some to abuse and use humanity - and state that such an abuse and misuse was "natural" - From what I gather - Darwin understood that survival did not come from one species destroying the other in a parasitic manner but came via - mutual aid and co-operation....To bad that our economy is based on this Mis-interpreted idea that the strong should destroy what they percieve as the weak in order to have domain - as we see this does not work in the natuarl world - hence the collapse of the economic psudeo Darwinist ideal.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:47 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Darwin disected the work of the creator...I don't believe that you will find any quote by Darwin "there is no God" - The interpretation of Darwins writing back in about 1859 were slightly perverted - Industrialist at the time some how twisted his ideas into the concept of "survival of the fittest" or as some would insist "the strong" - This began a justication by some to abuse and use humanity - and state that such an abuse and misuse was "natural" - From what I gather - Darwin understood that survival did not come from one species destroying the other in a parasitic manner but came via - mutual aid and co-operation....To bad that our economy is based on this Mis-interpreted idea that the strong should destroy what they percieve as the weak in order to have domain - as we see this does not work in the natuarl world - hence the collapse of the economic psudeo Darwinist ideal.
Everything seems viable except the part where you claimed he was dissecting the work of god. Claims need evidence.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Low IQ

Old 10-21-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Eh, I don't see how people can find a Darwin fish so offensive. I do wonder though what would happen to the car of a person who put this sticker on their bumper and drove around the Bible-Belt.
In the bible belt, it will be removed if possible, and they will certianly attempt to make every attempt to gouge the paint to bare metal in the process.

Christians really know how to hate, but they are often cowardly in their actions.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:28 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
I think the fish was a symbol of Christianity because Jesus really liked to fish. Mostly top-water ****, but he wasn't afraid to break out the old hook-n-worm either. Anyway, that's also why Christians were quick to make the rule about not being able to work on fishing day.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:07 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I think the fish was a symbol of Christianity because Jesus really liked to fish. Mostly top-water ****, but he wasn't afraid to break out the old hook-n-worm either. Anyway, that's also why Christians were quick to make the rule about not being able to work on fishing day.
What?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Then he should have but this in his back window.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality