Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:34 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
.... I thought the thread title was > Why should FEMALE posters be tolerated!?
Me too!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro-Dialin View Post
You either buy the whole cloth, or nothing at all! You can't pick and choose which scripture you're going to follow. To see a woman dressed as a male clergy performing a sermon is blasphemous!!!
Two comments here, and then I'm done:

1) What does 'choosing which scripture to follow' have to do with women priests? Are you somehow suggesting that women can't make discerning judgements? If so, my opinion of you just fell another thousand points.

2) Why shouldn't they?

Old 10-15-2008, 02:16 PM

132 posts, read 249,973 times
Default Religion is bunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I knew the second I read the OP that it wasn't going to go over very big and it obviously hasn't. You talk about female pastors as though they were criminals. I also find your point of view to be sexist and very condescending to women. Do you realize that in this modern world that this outdated way of thinking really turns people away from churches who try to keep women in a subservient role? As long as people like yourself promote this attitude you're going to find that first there's going to be a shortage of preists, which there already is, and second, your congregations will continue to shrink and become less influential as people will tend to seek out churches that treat women as equals.
You all project your anger at me, when its the scripture you're all angry against. Our religious leaders pick and choose what they will tolerate. Have any of you ever found it odd that even the most non-religious people will attempt to destroy any shread of equality offered to homosexuals quoting biblical scripture, yet ignore the adulterers, the divorcees, the fornicaters, the alcoholics, those that wear blended fabric, and eat shell fish go free? Probably not, because you probably don't care because you're heterosexual and it doesn't affect you. Don't you see the hipocracy in the church? Think of those quoting those ridiculous Adam & Steve scriptures as if they don't commit tons of sins themselves--including judging others. Why should the church be tax free, when it constantly steps over the boundaries of church and state?

The whole point of the original thread was to sensationalize and expose the hipocracy! Why is it that another thread about "what causes homosexuality" gets over 10,000 views, and others, far more thought provoking only get a handful?? Because we pick and choose. Unfortunately, with the discrimination and oppression of homosexuals, people believe they have a right to legislate the discriminate. After all, "if they have no rights, they will be more reluctant to come out of the closet." Get rid of em any way you can...

---You prove my point chielgirl, the whole religion thing is antiquated and draconian; but don't get mad it me, it wasn't me who wrote the scripture.---I'm the athiest
"Speaking of cloth, I hope you don't wear any blended fabrics. You'll go straight to hell for that.
You don't eat seafish either, do you? Good, that's an abomination as well."

Geez fella, you think you have a direct line to god because you have a ***** (male sexual member)? ---yes, women were considered chattel at the time.

Last edited by Ro-Dialin; 10-15-2008 at 03:20 PM..

Old 10-15-2008, 02:53 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
The bible is FULL of contradictions and the place of women is just one of them.

"Turn the other cheek" but don't forget "an eye for an eye"
When you have 50 dudes writing 50 books about the same subject you are going to have contradictions.

Woman ROCK and can do anything that men can do.
They just smell better doing it!

Old 10-15-2008, 04:30 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro-Dialin View Post
You all project your anger at me, when its the scripture you're all angry against. Our religious leaders pick and choose what they will tolerate. Have any of you ever found it odd that even the most non-religious people will attempt to destroy any shread of equality offered to homosexuals quoting biblical scripture, yet ignore the adulterers, the divorcees, the fornicaters, the alcoholics, those that wear blended fabric, and eat shell fish go free? Probably not, because you probably don't care because you're heterosexual and it doesn't affect you. Don't you see the hipocracy in the church? Think of those quoting those ridiculous Adam & Steve scriptures as if they don't commit tons of sins themselves--including judging others. Why should the church be tax free, when it constantly steps over the boundaries of church and state?

The whole point of the original thread was to sensationalize and expose the hipocracy! Why is it that another thread about "what causes homosexuality" gets over 10,000 views, and others, far more thought provoking only get a handful?? Because we pick and choose. Unfortunately, with the discrimination and oppression of homosexuals, people believe they have a right to legislate the discriminate. After all, "if they have no rights, they will be more reluctant to come out of the closet." Get rid of em any way you can...

---You prove my point chielgirl, the whole religion thing is antiquated and draconian; but don't get mad it me, it wasn't me who wrote the scripture.---I'm the athiest
"Speaking of cloth, I hope you don't wear any blended fabrics. You'll go straight to hell for that.
You don't eat seafish either, do you? Good, that's an abomination as well."

Geez fella, you think you have a direct line to god because you have a ***** (male sexual member)? ---yes, women were considered chattel at the time.
I actually agree with you but I think your point was missed in the overt sensationalism of your original post. Perhaps had you clarified the points you were trying to make in the the original post you would have received a different reaction and set of responses. I understand that you're new to the board, so I'd like to make note that there are a lot of people that come on here, perform a "Drive By Trolling" with a topic that sounds a bit over-the-top and never come back.

Anyway, welcome to the board, and for the record, as a heterosexual male who also happens to be an Atheist, I do find it rather repugnant and ugly how intolerant the demagoguery of the religious community is towards the gay community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality