Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:11 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
by the will of God
i believe that everything happens by the will of God whether good or evil
So God does evil things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 12:16 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaliza View Post
Of course broken legs because of an accident ,death and birth are definitely destiny. but I am talking about many others decisions wich we are responsible for it . If we are...
I'm wondering if I'm understanding your question right. You are asking if we really make decisions or if we are God's puppets with no free will, right?

According to the Adam and Eve story, with the snake and the tree, we have free will and are sinners because of it. Christians and atheists agree that we have free will. Which means that God is not controlling your every move, YOU ARE.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:28 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,843,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
So God does evil things?
It seemed evil for us. God had some wisdom for these actions.
I know it looks very complicated and need many explanations.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:54 PM

Thank you all for your advices and opinious ....I do appreciate it.
I think that I will take soon many decisions with my own free will and I hope God help me to pick the right one.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:38 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,361,986 times
Quote:
Thank you all for your advices and opinious ....I do appreciate it.
I think that I will take soon many decisions with my own free will and I hope God help me to pick the right one.
No contradiction here, Mona?

Old 10-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
No contradiction here, Mona?
So, What do you think ?

Old 10-23-2008, 02:31 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
Quote:
Of course broken legs because of an accident ,death and birth are definitely destiny.God did it. regardless it is good or bad ..It is called faith.
but I am talking about many others decisions wich we are responsible for it . If we are...
my post was very clear that i believe that we have free will in our decesions ?

Our free will is not hindered in Allah’s knowing the future. He knows what we will choose and the results of those choices. Just because He knows what we will do, and even all of the ramifications of those choices, this does not change the fact that the choice was ours alone. According to His divine decree He allows some of what we plan to do to be fulfilled while preventing other plans. This is all in His infinite wisdom and for His own divine reasons. and then has it recorded as our destiny.

Nothing happens in this life except what Allah allows to occur, good or bad. It is not Allah’s fault if evil is allowed to spread on the earth; the fault is ours alone. He has given us everything we need to live peaceful and prosperous lives, and the guidance of prophets to keep us on the straight path; however, we often refuse to follow His guidance. The results are that we suffer from negative choices or that we benefit from positive ones.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:38 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,302 times
Quote:
So, What do you think ?
for me i think that there is no contradiction

*{So he who gives (in charity) and fears (Allah), And believes in goodness, We will indeed make smooth for him the path to Bliss. But he who is a greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient, And disbelieves in goodness, We will indeed make smooth for him the path to Misery}* (Al-Layl 92:5-10).

Old 10-23-2008, 02:41 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,361,986 times
Quote:
So, What do you think ?
I think the world would be a lot better off if people of all faiths accepted responsibility for their actions and stopped looking to divine intervention for guidance. Extremists on all sides have gotten us in the mess that we are in. It's too easy an out to point to the Bible or Koran and throw up our hands and say well it's right there in the _____!

When you can find justification for your actions in a book written thousands of years ago, then who needs reason? We can justify anything by our own interpretation. All of this is based on fear.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:46 PM

Thank you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality