Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Hay Chango...Did you ever consider the self serving nature of Humans could possibly be made to change.???..once we see the outcomes of our foolishness?...in making detramental estates arise..and death to occur on such a level of waste...that the logical notion of error in making that...becomes corrected over time....and thus Nature tames US...
Well yea, OF COURSE we need to change. The problems is we're just smart enough to get us into serious trouble but too dumb to see past our own personal desires.

We are adolescent higher beings. The fact of the matter is that we either need to grow up... live for more than sex, control over others and fistfuls of dollar bills. We need to finally break the "Tragedy of the Commons" cycle that keeps us from progressing to the next level.

We can't seem to rise above our apish nature, however...

I hope we'll make it but I suspect the human race will be extinct by it's own hand relatively soon. God isn't gonna save us... there is no god. Only we can save ourselves; the universe will not intervene on our behalf. It will just try again in a few million years with a different life form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 10:51 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times

I think at the end of the day.......(out of living/semi living creatures) the world really belongs to bacteria and viruses.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 PM

127 posts, read 198,391 times
I would say this planet is not owned by animals or people. Mother nature owns it.
Think about it. Mother nature decides who lives or dies through forest fires, earthquakes, and hurricanes.
No amount of technology can save us from her. We are alive because mother nature allows us to live.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:30 PM

7 posts, read 6,090 times
Good Reading.And for Peace and kinder Humans will probably never happen. It has to start now with our kids, grandkids, great grandkids and so on>>>>>>Instead we're having kids bullying others because their different, Most kids these days do not know what Morals, compassion, respect, manners and so on..A good smack or belt to the behind never really hurt anybody...oh wait but it might play a role with their self esteem......Give me a flippin break......Have you payed attention to the young generation now??????? But from the beginning of time
there has always been WAR, fighting, hatred towards one another and the worst of all RACISM!!!!!!!!!!
I am a 52 white female and never understood the mentality of the white race being better than others.......Only my opinion but if everyone was the same it would be very boring, looking beyond our skin when we bleed do we not all have red blood!!!!

Now i find myself babbling There is some good people in this world, Unfortunately not enough
and when there's greed and selflishness we're all doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ONLY MY OPINION

Old 09-03-2012, 12:38 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Shepsmom,

You have a fairytale view of animals in nature. You have been playing too long with "my little ponies" and have not looked at the world around you. You have an idealized view of nature.

Animals do not mesh perfectly with nature. They take whatever they need to survive. They do not care if they reduce their source of food to extinction. When their food source is gone they die out. Larger animals prey on smaller animals in a blood battle.
Actually, I'd say his evaluation of animals is closer to the truth of the matter. Yours (no offense) is closer to the fairy tale.

Pack animals, like wolves, are typically very careful to take only injured prey, or the slowest, from the herd to ensure that the herd will still be there next season. Animals are not stupid creatures that deliberately wipe out their only food source if there's another option available.

It's humans that are the parasite on this planet -- we consume its natural resources without taking the time to let them recover, we dump pollutants into the water and pump poisonous gasses into the air, we slash-and-burn forestland by the hectare, we dam up rivers and flood entire ecosystems, we even deliberately -- purposely -- transplant species into foreign ecosystems, ostensibly for 'pest control' (read up on the cane toad for an example of how incredibly well that worked out, by the way)....

We've created weapons that are capable of literally incinerating people, strapped bombs to our chest and blown ourselves up over ideological disputes, tampered with our environment until it broke, and we're constantly discovering new and more horrifyingly-precise methods of ensuring that one day, we'll wipe ourselves out of existence.

In short -- we've found a really big hammer and we're relentlessly using it to smash the human race into a hole that it was never intended to occupy.

The thing about fairy tales, my friend, is that that last words are usually 'and they lived happily ever after'.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:22 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Well yea, OF COURSE we need to change. The problems is we're just smart enough to get us into serious trouble but too dumb to see past our own personal desires.

We are adolescent higher beings. The fact of the matter is that we either need to grow up... live for more than sex, control over others and fistfuls of dollar bills. We need to finally break the "Tragedy of the Commons" cycle that keeps us from progressing to the next level.

We can't seem to rise above our apish nature, however...

I hope we'll make it, but I suspect the human race will be extinct by it's own hand relatively soon. God isn't gonna save us... there is no god. Only we can save ourselves; the universe will not intervene on our behalf. It will just try again in a few million years with a different life form.
I do agree with you on the first degree of your statement (our doom and sorrows made by our own hand)...However, Me being Me...(The Pure of Heart ) and knowing what I know...as I have seen, as it is atested to in Biblical Prayer...God....I know there is one...for I have seen with my own eyes...which has brought my curiosity to Religion to find out about Just that...Dark Matter Man or Entity I saw.

What I am now finding out, is that God is letting this state of detramentals to occur by our handyworks....to teach us a lesson....and when it is completely or just nearly all destroyed, polluted, and made waste for Dollars, and our selfishness in luxuries and such, and non empathetic ways onto them others living with us..our neighbours......then the real testement on what those dollars will do for us, when everything is in disaray or gone extinct, or is toxic or poisoned or polluted to a state of biohazardious conclusions...Mathew 6:24 clearly states the answer....
Then through no other choice...Do we come to our senses..and acknoledge God is right....and that is not how it should be...but it goes to that end....why?...To teach us a lesson we will not soon forget...So it does not happen again...it has to come to that end...unfortunately but oh so true.

Now some have learnt this lesson way back in time...JESUS..and his followers....who were rounded up and slaughtered to hide the truth...so this system could flurish without contention.

Yes the Truth...that is what most people seek...Yet when they find it out..they do not follow in it...for some strange reason.....and continue to use the IDOL told not to...as it is a easy solution for the now...but they do not preceive the future it will create....Through Causality.

So saying there is no God (which God???) is a understatement...at the moment Humans are playing around with a half God of metal and paper Power...a demigod....and this is what Jesus was kicking at....Not the God of life, health, and sound eco systems.....But a God of death and destruction....only now is that Face starting to show itself as a constant, supported by the taxed hand and all who buy and sell......

So the more people seeing this face, and the continual wars, and attrosities it spawns (abomonations and mutations)(sins and Evils)...and see they support it...Some will come to their senses and stop feeding it......That is the Truth.?..That Is when we become God's...and start taking control of our destiny...., and our free gifts God gave us.....and our future Planet prospers us if we start now before our hand is forced, as aposed to when we have to at the end..(INTENT)....and in the prospering...we make more planets live...eventually...to fulfill the multiplication part of God of creation, we seem to be neglecting...

Yep...Humans are animals, until they evolve out of that state of stupidity they continually put themselves in, saying that is the way it is....and as such, never really look for a better solution, or try to change what the error really is...The Governing Body..now toots this change of some coming Promised mindset or system...and how they are gonna fix the system...But they never really do...

Now if something needs fixing, then should it be ruling us?

That is my pointed truth......Thanks for your words, they comfort my mind, knowing someone sees, and eventually will try something different..perhaps..maybe....and it is those who seek the truth, cling to the truth, and inact the truth...as truth does not need to be fixed....then LIFE in PEACE, HEALTH, AND Happiness...should be the resulting Factor....For ALL, IN ALL, BY ALL who apply truth to everything......Helpers of the Gardens finally....is it so hard a thing to fathom or constuct if it has already been spoken in the Beginning of time?....I wonder who said those words?..."God made Man and Women, To tend and Keep the Garden"....and yet we have not done a very good job if things are going extinct..and or are being poisoned, or polluted.....infact it is now moving towards the opposite of those spoken words out of our beginning......Something so simple a child could do it...but are now put behind bars for doing Just that...or worse!

Change?...Yah I would say that is necessary...

Last edited by Sir Les; 09-03-2012 at 06:33 AM..

Old 09-03-2012, 07:05 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,236,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Actually, I'd say his evaluation of animals is closer to the truth of the matter. Yours (no offense) is closer to the fairy tale.

Pack animals, like wolves, are typically very careful to take only injured prey, or the slowest, from the herd to ensure that the herd will still be there next season. Animals are not stupid creatures that deliberately wipe out their only food source if there's another option available.

It's humans that are the parasite on this planet -- we consume its natural resources without taking the time to let them recover, we dump pollutants into the water and pump poisonous gasses into the air, we slash-and-burn forestland by the hectare, we dam up rivers and flood entire ecosystems, we even deliberately -- purposely -- transplant species into foreign ecosystems, ostensibly for 'pest control' (read up on the cane toad for an example of how incredibly well that worked out, by the way)....

We've created weapons that are capable of literally incinerating people, strapped bombs to our chest and blown ourselves up over ideological disputes, tampered with our environment until it broke, and we're constantly discovering new and more horrifyingly-precise methods of ensuring that one day, we'll wipe ourselves out of existence.

In short -- we've found a really big hammer and we're relentlessly using it to smash the human race into a hole that it was never intended to occupy.

The thing about fairy tales, my friend, is that that last words are usually 'and they lived happily ever after'.

I Like to Go One step further...If something in the Beginning (Eden) A (Plant or living entity)..was violated by Human hand..in disobediance of God..who put them over all things...and in doing this, caused a change of resentment in those other living things towards God, and Humans...The resulting Mutations that occur in the missing Entity (food supply) caused by killing that plant, or in taking it out of its placement...is our fault...as we are Humans....So if that food source or entity is not there...whatever eats of this, has to change...Mutation from the original form....As it is now....Wolves can be tamed...Dogs can befriend other animals...and not see them as pray...and this holds true for other animals once conditioned....

So If Humans restore the plant to its rightful placement..and leave it alone...things might return to the way they were suppose to be....EDEN and EDENS....But that is just not gonna happen over night....as it has been out of place for a very long time....here.
So Jesus was sent...to restore it to its rightful placement...as Jesus fulfills all the requirements of Helper....

Now...was there a wolf before the fall from grace and EDEN?....or was it a evolutionary mutation out of the causality of Adam and Eve's sin in taking something without permission , and or told not to touch?.

I see it as such...even with the now called weeds...People poison, and rip out of the ground...the misconception about them, the spoken lie that these plants are pests or worse...when removed, the insects (pests?) that once fed on them...turn to feed on the veg and fruits more so...and they poison that too...So the problem compounds...and we force change in them...when it is us who have to change our ways....and be more understanding of the chain of life we are now residing in....and how to distribute the rights of passage onto all living things..in good stewardship...and not taking away anything from the givens...that need to be...for good reason...PEACE, HARMONY< LOVE> it is all Given to all....But Humans do not practice this ...and in the infighting and enslaved states...only some get to have...while sitting on the have nots....and creating a state of disrepair of the whole, to say we live as rulers...while it is all being polluted and made into waste.

THe multiplication skills of "the givens" seems flawed in human nature, and now we have less....wonder why?

So in this Fairytale world of IDOLATRY , SLAVERY, INDUSTRIAL MADNESS< POLLUTION OF THE ELEMENTALS> AND WARFARE They keep making UNDER THAT IDOL Told not to have...it ends in the opposite form....and now we have proof coming.....

So which fairytale is more desirable?...the happily ever after one, or the one that ends in sorrows and shame?

Draw your lines straight to the truth...as we have a reality coming to the sorrows end...because People do not do what it takes to make the other side of the page come into being...fairytale or not.

Science fiction once sprouted a thought about going to the moon....people thought this was perposterious thinking....AND NOW WE EVEN CAN GO TO OTHER PLANETS>...through Fairytale or imaginary thought....when pondered on, factored out, and made or inacted in practical methods, can create the reality and possiblilities...could be endless if done right...........to think it is a fairytale thought, and discard the notion or possibility when the method is given, and the words spoken...and it is never practiced....it will always be a fairytale...untill it is done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality