Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 09:20 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well if I was a liar, I would tell the story the way you described, yet the story I told was truthful. And the fact that my paperwork sat on his desk for two weeks before he noticed it. And the fact that God spoke to me less then 2 minutes before the phone rang. And the fact that when I said the (A) of Amen was when the phone did ring. And the fact that it was only after God spoke to me, that the man acted on the paperwork. Well, I find that very remarkable.

The story is not a fairy tale, and neither is the Bible. Yet it appears to me it is the desire of your heart, that both accounts would be.

I have another story which I'm sure you are aware of, where God sent me a balloon with a message printed on it saying, (I LOVE YOU). I don't have to fabricate a story to impress anyone. The stories I speak are evidence enought. My faith is not built on lies, or deception.
I'd say that your faith is built on a very shaky foundation of deception, self delusion and wishful thinking, not to mention the occasional hallucination. There is not an ounce of proof that any of the things you profess to believe are true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 09:22 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The bible tells us that the universe is merely God's breath, and man created out of nothing but dust..How does that make you feel? Silly?

Science has not come to any final conclusion of how the universe was created, but it seems that you have.
Science does not have that good of a track record, the Bible does. So based on that, I will have to go with the Scriptures. And if I'm wrong, can you point out where the Bible has been in error?

Old 05-24-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I'd say that your faith is built on a very shaky foundation of deception, self delusion and wishful thinking, not to mention the occasional hallucination. There is not an ounce of proof that any of the things you profess to believe are true.
Well can you name them by order sanspeur? And I can take one at a time. I hate it when you make such vague general statements.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:36 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Well can you name them by order sanspeur? And I can take one at a time. I hate it when you make such vague general statements.
Name what one at a time? Why do you always respond with questions when things get a bit sticky for you?

Old 05-24-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Name what one at a time? Why do you always respond with questions when things get a bit sticky for you?
sanspeur, I'm trying to get the details of your vague general statements so I can adress your obsevations. I don't believe in making general statements that lack detail. And that is why I'm trying to get you to be specific on your complaints regarding my beliefs.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:01 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Quote:
And the flood is no more absurd than science telling us that the entire universe we now see once could fit into our pants back pocket. Somehow the problems with the Biblical flood appear to be small by comparison. Yet I'm sure non believers in the Bible would have no problem believeing in that. Yet, being able to place the entire universe into our back pocket, would be a pretty good trick. LOL
I would suggest you do some research as to why it has been suggested the entire universe could have once been so compact. Have a look at Hubble's Law, for starters. It's quite interesting, actually.

Last edited by Lamplight; 05-24-2009 at 10:14 AM..

Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Wow! Right on cue!

Quote:
That's a good cop out sanspeur. No scientific review was ever done on any of that evidence. And now your saying all my questions have been answered? And if you did repeat your answers, it would only be based on your personal opinion sanspeur. And that is why I keep asking you. Why do they refuse to do a scientific review? If you cannot produce a real scientific review on this evidence, I would suggest it is not I who am blowing the smoke here sanspeur.
Hey; lookie! It only took one post for C34 to get back on track!

Prediction DOES work after all: Prediction: If there's no good evidence, the Intransigent will just repeat their mantras, over and over. Ignoring the facts, such as our real interest in checking into those El Toro clay pigeons.

And what do we have? Exactly as predicted!

Science triumphs, predictably

Old 05-24-2009, 10:50 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default and on he goes....

Quote:
The teaching of Creation Science has been blocked by the courts, and Creation science would of revealed evidence that would put into question the Theory of Evolution.

Noooo... the teaching of a fabrication with no basis for support, and which totally fails the most basic tenents of scientific analysis, has been blocked from being specifically taught in a Science class. No-one, not even me, has ever demanded that they not teach it where it should be taught: in a religious studies curriculum.

Why place it where it clearly doesn't belong? Why not teach home-ec bread baking over in the PE basketball classes, Tom? Becasue it doesn't belong is why.

Too bad that upsets your master plans! Why do you insist it's science at all? It's not. Because you don't like the topic and would burn those books (and teachers) if you had your way?

Science validates evidence that supports evolution, it (ignores) any evidence that does not.

Science abandons the absurd.

And any evidence that does not agree with the theory of evolution is considered a myth, and they do this without any scientific review.

It might be the figurines of El Toro mountain, (Yuk yuk yuk!)

..or Ica burial stones,

(you mean the ones they said they made up for $$$? Thosse? Oh, let's ignore THAT though, shall we? of course we shall...)

or a city beneath the sea.

A few blocks of stone equals a complete ancient city. any written tablets or street signs or vases or stairwells or... anything found there besides someone's conjecture that "Well it might have been an old city, if we really squeeze our eyes together tightly and pray!"

No wonder you believe all of this! Your standards for proof, versus those of established scientific analysis & reproduceability, are so far below acceptibility that of course you'd believe that cats can fly if your Sunday School teacher simply said so.

Gullibility of gigantic proportions!

Any evidence that does not agree with evolution is called a myth.

Any "evidence" that cannot be actually shown but only wishfully imagined, and cannot be subjected to rational analysis, is thus called what it is; a myth.

And they base their assumption about that evidence on personal opinion only.
You got it; not a single stitch of effort has ever been put into any honest evaluation of your pet ideas. You just keep right on thinking that as you step off your own personal philosophical Empire State Building.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hey; lookie! It only took one post for C34 to get back on track!

Prediction DOES work after all: Prediction: If there's no good evidence, the Intransigent will just repeat their mantras, over and over. Ignoring the facts, such as our real interest in checking into those El Toro clay pigeons.

And what do we have? Exactly as predicted!

Science triumphs, predictably
Ignoring the facts? What facts are you talking about?
Certainly not any facts on the El Toro figurines. You have not produced any scientific review, and your personal opinion does not count as a scientific review. So I guess you just have to keep repeating your personal opinion, because you have no scientific facts to back up your claims. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Science does not triumph, only your personal empty rhetoric, which still lacks a scientific review. And I could of predicted that.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You got it; not a single stitch of effort has ever been put into any honest evaluation of your pet ideas. You just keep right on thinking that as you step off your own personal philosophical Empire State Building.
I have ask you for any evidence of science showing us a single stitch of effort and evaluation of such evidence. Guess what? I'm still waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality