Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:52 AM

14,674 posts, read 17,010,860 times

Advertisements

[quote]There are only two options--either god was created or always existed. If he always existed, then it's possible for things to always exist, and that could be the case for a godless universe, too.[/QUOTE

If nothing comes from nothing, then something must have always existed...the Father. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 02:51 AM

897 posts, read 1,584,710 times
Man is the creator of god; be it Allah, Zeus, Yaweh, Elohim, Quetalquoatl or Siva. All gods are created by the educated so that the ignorant will do their bidding.
For example, if you believe in the stories of the bible or at least think that they were based on real people then let's talk about two of the most important; Moses and Jesus.
Moses had a people and no way to lead them so he created a religion while Jesus had a religion but no people so he made up his group out of the ones already rejected by the church. Both men found a way to get a group to take up their cause and both did it by convincing the groups that god had chosen them to speak for him. Just like the pharaos and the Roman leaders before them claimed that they were god incarnate, so did Jesus. Isn't it funny how even in contemporary times leaders try to convince their countrymen that it was god's will for them to become leaders?

Old 11-29-2008, 06:56 AM

Location: Wandering the halls aimlessly...Hello? Is anyone there?
307 posts, read 454,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Man is the creator of god; be it Allah, Zeus, Yaweh, Elohim, Quetalquoatl or Siva. All gods are created by the educated so that the ignorant will do their bidding.
For example, if you believe in the stories of the bible or at least think that they were based on real people then let's talk about two of the most important; Moses and Jesus.
Moses had a people and no way to lead them so he created a religion while Jesus had a religion but no people so he made up his group out of the ones already rejected by the church. Both men found a way to get a group to take up their cause and both did it by convincing the groups that god had chosen them to speak for him. Just like the pharaos and the Roman leaders before them claimed that they were god incarnate, so did Jesus. Isn't it funny how even in contemporary times leaders try to convince their countrymen that it was god's will for them to become leaders?
Ok, then who created man? And please dont give me the Evolution theory because if thats the case, where did the woman come from?

Just for the record, I am neither weak minded, oppressed or in such a dire situation that I need to believe in anything to keep me above water. I believe in God because he DOES exist whether you choose to believe or not.

Peace
Winter

Old 11-29-2008, 07:01 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,032,458 times
I made God!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:35 AM

970 posts, read 1,696,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterscorpion View Post
Ok, then who created man? And please dont give me the Evolution theory because if thats the case, where did the woman come from?
Please tell me you're joking. In any other forum, there would be no doubt that you are, but here... I'm not so sure.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:50 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,032,458 times
If man created man, then man creating women would be a major disaster. Look at women now, not even worth making.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 AM

790 posts, read 1,727,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
If man created man, then man creating women would be a major disaster. Look at women now, not even worth making.
If man created woman, then he forgot a mute button

Old 11-29-2008, 04:05 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,246,240 times
I tell non-muslims that Allah created everything in this universe. They say to me who created Allah ? How can Allah have been there since the beginning ?
How can i answer them ?
Islam Question and Answer - The kuffaar ask who created Allaah

Old 11-29-2008, 05:43 PM

970 posts, read 1,696,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam Question and Answer
Who created the creator of the creator? Then, who created the creator of the creator of the creator?! And so on, ad infinitum. This is irrational and impossible.
All of creation goes back to the Creator Who created all things. No one created Him; He created everything other than Himself. This is what makes sense and is logical.
Logical to you, maybe. To me, "there is something that has no origin" makes no more sense than "everything was created by something else, onwards to infinity".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islam Question and Answer
Whoever encounters anything like that, let him say, ‘Amantu Billaah (I believe in Allaah).’” [...]

until he says to him, ‘Who created your Lord?’ When it reaches that stage, let him seek refuge with Allaah [say A’oodhu Billaahi min ash-shaytaan ir-rajeem = I seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan] and stop thinking about it.” [...]

Where this question comes from – from the Shaytaan;
How to deal with it, which is:
to stop pursuing these thoughts and these tricks of the Shaytaan
to say, “I believe in Allaah and His Messengers”
to seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan.
It was also reported that one should spit drily three times to one’s left, and recite Qul Huwa Allaahu ahad.
So, when someone asks you a perfectly reasonable question, you are supposed to basically turn off your brain, put your fingers in your ears and sing very loud until this person (obviously a tool of Shaytaan) goes away?
And you're wondering why your religion doesn't attract more critical thinkers...

(oh, and about the "spit drily three times to your left" bit)

Old 11-29-2008, 07:04 PM

33,495 posts, read 36,986,992 times
Sort of like "Don't tug on Superman's cape, Don't spit into the wind", huh?

YouTube - Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality