Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:03 AM

520 posts, read 895,835 times

Advertisements

sandgirl,

Thanks for the response, i can see where better where your coming from now. The point i still have to disagree with you on is human immortality.

I do not believe that there is any valid basis for the existance of the human soul, therefore nothing that will live on after my body is dead. You'll mostly likely say that god is your basis for a soul, but i dont see god as a basis for anything, so i have a feeling will have to agree to disagree on that one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
The truth of God's Word transcends time.

That's absolutely right! And His Word will not return void.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:20 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkpower View Post
sandgirl,

Thanks for the response, i can see where better where your coming from now. The point i still have to disagree with you on is human immortality.

I do not believe that there is any valid basis for the existance of the human soul, therefore nothing that will live on after my body is dead. You'll mostly likely say that god is your basis for a soul, but i dont see god as a basis for anything, so i have a feeling will have to agree to disagree on that one

Thank you forkpower, human immortality is a very hard concept for all of us. However, it is real and I hope some day you find that reality.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:24 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
That's absolutely right! And His Word will not return void.
And it will accomplish what He wants it to, regardless if people try to trash it.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:28 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,920,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
And it will accomplish what He wants it to, regardless if people try to trash it.
Exactly! That's why the world is such a peaceful, perfect place where no innocents suffer...

Old 11-05-2008, 10:41 AM

520 posts, read 895,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Thank you forkpower, human immortality is a very hard concept for all of us. However, it is real and I hope some day you find that reality.
This is only an assumption without any factual evidence.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:50 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkpower View Post
This is only an assumption without any factual evidence.

It is true there is no wordly evidence that I can show you. It is a spiritual truth that can only be understood through the spirit. It is sort of like learning a new language. If you will search inside yourself, the Creator has given you the ability to see it. But just like learning a new language sometimes it takes a little while to grasp it.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:16 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,920,506 times
Quote:
It is true there is no wordly evidence that I can show you. It is a spiritual truth that can only be understood through the spirit. It is sort of like learning a new language. If you will search inside yourself, the Creator has given you the ability to see it. But just like learning a new language sometimes it takes a little while to grasp it.
And if I hold a seashell up to my ear, I can hear the ocean. But that doesn't mean the ocean is actually inside the seashell. Nope, the noise is all in my head...

Old 11-05-2008, 02:43 PM

418 posts, read 708,397 times
Quote:
Come on, John. That's the same old mantra that all atheist use. You can do better than that. Like Neo, look at the world around you and take the red pill
Though it would be easier to take the blue pill and enjoy my steak dinner, even though I know it's not steak, progress requires personal sacrifice and pain. That is what some of us here attempting to do. Exchanging your blue pills for red.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:45 PM

418 posts, read 708,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Exactly! That's why the world is such a peaceful, perfect place where no innocents suffer...
Zing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality