Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 06:51 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Or perhaps he was more like this guy...
YouTube - The Island of Dr. Moreau prt. III
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 06:58 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,316,380 times
well how else would you explain the platypus? Noah was getting a little experimental there I believe

Old 11-26-2008, 07:33 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times
Another question, did boat have some type of cover? Roof perhaps? With such tremendous amounts of rain for 40 days and 40 nights, you'd think boat would be filled with water and sink?
Wait, they must have had water pump at that time, or kept family busy with buckets...

Hmmm.....

Old 11-26-2008, 09:28 PM

While I was out today I was contemplating Dr Noah then it occured to me that a lot of the bibles miracles could be answered with modern science.
For example: Mary's virgin birth....IVF
raising Lazarus from the dead....CPR
Casting out demons.......anti-depressants
I'm sure there are countless other examples, certainly made me smile while I was pushing the shopping trolly.

As for the cover on the boat, I'm sure God would have had the forsight to tell him to stick one on there.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:24 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Well it had better be a really strong roof 30 feet of rain per hour is gonna be kinda hard on it.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well it had better be a really strong roof 30 feet of rain per hour is gonna be kinda hard on it.
hmmmm must have been a reeeaaally pointy roof I imagine.

Hey, how did I get in the position of defending this story I wanna be the one debunking them

Old 11-27-2008, 06:50 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
While I was out today I was contemplating Dr Noah then it occured to me that a lot of the bibles miracles could be answered with modern science.
For example: Mary's virgin birth....IVF
raising Lazarus from the dead....CPR
Casting out demons.......anti-depressants
I'm sure there are countless other examples, certainly made me smile while I was pushing the shopping trolly.

As for the cover on the boat, I'm sure God would have had the forsight to tell him to stick one on there.

You think about that stuff while you're shopping? With thoughts like that, I'd probably forget why i came to the store.

How about talking animals, can we explain that scientifically? I shall contact pet psychic!

Old 11-27-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
You think about that stuff while you're shopping? With thoughts like that, I'd probably forget why i came to the store.

How about talking animals, can we explain that scientifically? I shall contact pet psychic!
Just how my mind works , I'm a thinker biding my time till I start a psych degree next year.The usual day to day stuff bores me so I do things like try to see things from a completely different angle and see where it takes my thoughts. People can be entertained or taken aback by me at parties and get togethers, just depends on how open their mind is.

As to the talking animals...I don't actually recall ever reading about talking animals in the bible but ,taking your word for it, I would say how about a gifted vantriloquist (sp?).

I had a thought about the water into wine.I can't think of how he might have done it with science but I was thinking ....what a cool skill to have.How popular would you be socially? Um...excuse me Jesus, I hate to be a bother but would you mind...?

Old 11-28-2008, 12:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
well how else would you explain the platypus? Noah was getting a little experimental there I believe
Me and some friends of mine had a nice long talk about religion(s) over some hookah and wine a couple of nights ago and the subject of the platypus came up. My friend Derek's conclusion? He must have been SUPER trashed to come up with that

Old 11-29-2008, 12:01 AM

353 posts, read 552,348 times
Quote:
There is something that sticks in my mind about the story of Noah.In my bible it tells how Noah was commanded to collect just two of every species for the ark and goes on to tell the story of the flood.The bit that gets me though is at the end when Noah comes out of the ark he makes a sacrifice of some of the animals to God to give thanks. My question is.....what poor species got wasted for this sacrifice??????
Maybe you should actually read Your bible. If you had you'd know the answer to that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality