Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 02:12 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
See above....Just guesses, most of them wrong.
Your claim that there is no Ark is your opinion. Yet, can produce evidence that would confirm that opinion?

Theory- An unproven assumption. And that is what evolution is sanspeur. And that is what your mountains of irrefutable evedince adds up to. An unproven assumption.

And David Barak, who was a digital-imaging expert who worked as a military-photo and submarine target-recognition interpreter for the U.S. navy stated the anomaly on Ararat doesn't appear to be part of the natural terrain. And now states, that he is leaning toward the object in question being manmade. And at least four of seven experts that have looked at the pictures of Ararat believe the anomaly could be manmade. And another expert who believed it was a rock formation, now states it most likely manmade. Clifford Paiva, a retired senior physicist and satellite imagery analyst of the U.S. Navy's Naval Surface Warefare Center, Countermeasures Technologies Applications Branch states. There is an anomaly up on Ararat.. Praiva who has access to other images on Ararat, cannot speak about them because they are classified. Praiva said, I am not saying it is the Ark, but I am saying there is something up there.

So sanspeur, as you can see, I am not alone in my belief that there is something up on Ararat. And I have the backing of experts in the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 02:23 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,588 times
Do they think we are dumb? "There surely is an ark but for whatever poorly conceived reason, we have never been able to produce any reasonable evidence for it and never will lest we find it's not really there."

Old 06-20-2009, 02:46 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Theory- An unproven assumption. And that is what evolution is sanspeur.
Uhhm, no. That's the creationists/layman's definition of theory.

In science, a theory is not a guess, not a hunch and certainly NOT an unproven assumption. It's a well-substantiated, well-supported, well-documented explanation for our observations.

Quote:
And that is what your mountains of irrefutable evedince adds up to. An unproven assumption.
No, more like a proven fact of nature.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:09 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Your claim that there is no Ark is your opinion. Yet, can produce evidence that would confirm that opinion?

Theory- An unproven assumption. And that is what evolution is sanspeur. And that is what your mountains of irrefutable evedince adds up to. An unproven assumption.

And David Barak, who was a digital-imaging expert who worked as a military-photo and submarine target-recognition interpreter for the U.S. navy stated the anomaly on Ararat doesn't appear to be part of the natural terrain. And now states, that he is leaning toward the object in question being manmade. And at least four of seven experts that have looked at the pictures of Ararat believe the anomaly could be manmade. And another expert who believed it was a rock formation, now states it most likely manmade. Clifford Paiva, a retired senior physicist and satellite imagery analyst of the U.S. Navy's Naval Surface Warefare Center, Countermeasures Technologies Applications Branch states. There is an anomaly up on Ararat.. Praiva who has access to other images on Ararat, cannot speak about them because they are classified. Praiva said, I am not saying it is the Ark, but I am saying there is something up there.

So sanspeur, as you can see, I am not alone in my belief that there is something up on Ararat. And I have the backing of experts in the field.
Yeah right....Here is a quote from him.... "God said it, I believe it...and this is good enough for me...Clifford Paiva

How much weight do you think this guy carries with me?

Old 06-20-2009, 03:11 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post

In science, a theory is not a guess, not a hunch and certainly NOT an unproven assumption. It's a well-substantiated, well-supported, well-documented explanation for our observations.

The definition of theory has been explained to C34 numerous times, but it doesn't seem to stick. He is blind to anything that is not "proven" by the bible.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post

Actually that came right out of Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. And it appears in the English langauge ,theory can have a number meanings.
Yet nothing like you suggest.

1. A hypothesis assumed for the sake of arguent or investigation.
2. An unproven assumption.
3. Conjecture
4. a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena.
5. Speculation
6. an idea or hypothetical set of facts, principles. or circumstances often used in the phrase in theory.

You see, no matter how much you want to believe things evolove, you still can't get the meaning of (theory), to evolve into a fact of nature. LOL

Old 06-20-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
The definition of theory has been explained to C34 numerous times, but it doesn't seem to stick. He is blind to anything that is not "proven" by the bible.
I'm sorry sanspeur. I was just looking at what the English Websters Collegiate Dictionary said it ment. I guess in science you guys must speak another language. Kind of like up is down, and black is white. LOL

Old 06-20-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Do they think we are dumb? "There surely is an ark but for whatever poorly conceived reason, we have never been able to produce any reasonable evidence for it and never will lest we find it's not really there."
Well, the Bible tells us where the Ark landed, and most of the eyewitiness accounts, and photos from space are from the same location spoken of in the Bible.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah right....Here is a quote from him.... "God said it, I believe it...and this is good enough for me...Clifford Paiva

How much weight do you think this guy carries with me?
Well remember, Paiva has seen the real photos of the Ark. The one's none of us are allowed to see. And perhaps, if you saw those photo's. Maybe you would be saying the samething.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:32 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,588 times
Quote:
Well, the Bible tells us where the Ark landed, and most of the eyewitiness accounts, and photos from space are from the same location spoken of in the Bible.
Which would make it easy to verify but no. One has to fabricate a fully blown conspiracy theory to keep the myth going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality