Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 01:27 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Wrong Capt. Noah!

ID can only stand if other evidence is blocked

You have not addressed many questions like
All of these show an old earth w/o even the need of the fossil record and that alone refutes your flood myth soundly.

Address any of these geological facts before you have a hope in hell of convincing the intelligent of the global flood you so dearly hold to.

For the uninitiated, check out:

Creationist Frauds
No Answers in Genesis

Deflect to El Tora figurines or Ica burial stones in 3...2...1...
And that is all we will see in the public schools, because the courts will refuse to show the other evidence. As we speak, there is a city West of Cuba, a half mile below the surface of the ocean. And we also have another underwater city found off of India. Yet we don't see believers in Evolution rushing to these spots do we. And what's the reason for that? It's because these cities would support the Biblical flood. So, I guess we have to ignore more evidence. Just (ignore the facts), and float your theories. Consider link below.

Giant Underwater Lost City 'Could Rewrite History', page 1

Underwater city found near Cuba amazes scientists
http://www.lightwatcher.com/old_lightbytes/underwatercity.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 01:34 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And that is all we will see in the public schools, because the courts will refuse to show the other evidence. As we speak, there is a city West of Cuba, a half mile below the surface of the ocean. Yet we don't see believers in Evolution rushing to that spot do we. And what's the reason for that? It's because that city would support the Biblical flood. So, I guess we have to ignore more evidence. Just (ignore the facts), and float your theories. Consider link below.

Above Top Secret? Is that your idea of a credible site? I guess then, that your underwater city does belong on that site along with all the UFO, and conspiracy stories........

Old 06-23-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Above Top Secret? Is that your idea of a credible site? I guess then, that your underwater city does belong on that site along with all the UFO, and conspiracy stories........
Please sanspeur, even National Geographic stated they wanted to be part of the expedition to explore the city off of Cuba. Yet I think they may of discovered how such a discovery would effect the belief in Evolution. And maybe, that's why we don't see them around anymore.

Even the BBC News has reported the discovery, so please don't try passing this off as a conspiracy story.

BBC News | AMERICAS | 'Lost city' found beneath Cuban waters

Old 06-23-2009, 02:00 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,126 times
Quote:
In the 1600 and 1800s, Christians wrote books based on the prophecies of the Bible. And they clearly stated that before Jesus Christ could return to this world, the Jewish people would first have to return to the land of Israel, and retake Jerusalem. They also stated, that their return would anger many nations. And in the end, there would be an attempt by these nations to try and drive the Jews out of their land by force. Scripture states their return would be in a day when the nations of the East would be able to raise up an army of 200 million men. Israel became a nation in 1948, and in the year 1960, China stated for the first time, that their nation if the need arises, could raise up an army of 200 million men. China a nation from the East, even gave the very same number found in the Book of Revelation.

I don't have to bend any Scripture here, the Bible states it very plainly.
And the Christians from the past hit the nail right on the head, their prophecies based on the Bible were both true, and accurate.
Again, bending scripture is exactly what you and your 18th century ilk are doing. Hell, I can write a book based on the "prophesies" in The Bible and make them say just about anything I want. People do this all the time with The Bible and with other prophecies (Nostradamus for example).

BTW - China has about 1.8 to 2.1 Standing troops that are in barracks now, as in full time in uniform deployed at their posts. They also have about 17 to 18 million trained reserves, as in they have been through some training but are not full time,they have weapons and logistics for these troops also. That makes for about close to 20 million troops. They could raise more and if they had to but the wouldn't be much in terms of any kind of quality, unless consider 198million peasants with sticks and farm tools as any kind of opposing force to 24/7 sorties by allied jets and bombers then yes you could technically argue that China has a 200 million man army.

Suppose they wanted to go west with that 'army' how would they feed them on the march? they barely have enough rice for their citizens.

Ugh, I think I lost a couple of IQ points just by discussing this Biblical garbage with you.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Again, bending scripture is exactly what you and your 18th century ilk are doing. Hell, I can write a book based on the "prophesies" in The Bible and make them say just about anything I want. People do this all the time with The Bible and with other prophecies (Nostradamus for example).

BTW - China has about 1.8 to 2.1 Standing troops that are in barracks now, as in full time in uniform deployed at their posts. They also have about 17 to 18 million trained reserves, as in they have been through some training but are not full time,they have weapons and logistics for these troops also. That makes for about close to 20 million troops. They could raise more and if they had to but the wouldn't be much in terms of any kind of quality, unless consider 198million peasants with sticks and farm tools as any kind of opposing force to 24/7 sorties by allied jets and bombers then yes you could technically argue that China has a 200 million man army.

Suppose they wanted to go west with that 'army' how would they feed them on the march? they barely have enough rice for their citizens.

Ugh, I think I lost a couple of IQ points just by discussing this Biblical garbage with you.
Do you actually read what you write? So your saying those Christians from the 1800s bent Scripture, yet everything they said 100 years (BEFORE THE EVENTS OF 1948 CAME TRUE). WOW, thats some pretty accurate bending. It's one thing to make the Scripture say something after the event, but they made the accurate predictions (BEFORE) the event.
And that prediction was based on the prophecy found in the Bible.

And did you ever consider the possibility, that there may not be any working eletrical devices when the 200 million man army comes into play. Another words, no sorties by anyone. The Bible states this army would kill off a great number of the worlds population. So I suppose we know were they would get their food. The Bible speaks of the last days on earth, as perlious times. Consider link below.

SCIFI.COM | Countdown to Doomsday (http://www.scifi.com/doomsday/scenarios/flare/ - broken link)

This event is possible, and it happened in the 1800s. It fried telegraph lines back then. And scientist are already warning us it could happen again. Can you imagine what would happen to are fragile eletrical grid.

Hollywood's KFWB NEWS 980 - Scientists Warn of Flare Risk Amid New Solar Cycle (http://www.kfwb.com/pages/4360896.php - broken link)?

You see, the Bible knows the future, and that is why it can speak of such things, and that is why the Bible speaks of the asteroid that will strike the earth. And it speaks of an asteroid over a 1,000 years before anyone on earth even knew they existed.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Of course it never saw the light of day...It was not valid evidence. ID is not real, nor is it science of any kind....Science cannot be based on unprovable myths.
So, can you show us the scientific review that would expose it as not valid sanspeur? You know, the Ica burial stones, and the figurines from El Toro mountain. Remember sanspeur, personal opinion does not count as a scientific review.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:46 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Let me try and add some perspective to how absurd a flood would be to cover the entire world with water, to keep it simple I'm use the concept of a flat world, we all know that on a sphere the higher you go the greater the surface area, so these figure are at there lowest figures.
1) There is 12,595,200,000 acres that make up this planet
2) One acre foot of water equals 325,851 gallons.
3) To cover the earth with just 1 acre foot of water would take 4.104^15 /gallons.
4) According to the account in the bible, every mountain to was covered with water, Mt Everest is just a little over 29,000 ft above sea level. So now we take the 4.104^15 * 29,000, which gives us 1.190^20 gallons of water to cover the earth.
5) According to the bible it rained for 40 24 hour periods. This rain is equal to 2.06^15 gallons per minute or 4.50^12 cfs. 1 cfs=450 gpm.
6) Trying to put this in perspective, Niagara Falls flow rate is 202,000 cfs. If we divide 4.50^12 cfs with Niagara Falls flow rate we get 22,731,901, this is how many Niagara Falls it would take to flood the earth in 40 24 hour periods.
7)Thats allot of water dumping on your head.

I find that this amount of rain would displace the atmosphere and nothing would be able to breath. This includes Noah and all his animals.
Now, Now, you know it is not fair to compare mythology to real life!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:46 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,366 times
Could the Caspian Sea be topologically inverted to be at the edge of the universe?

One Nation under one God if you know what I mean.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:44 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Quote:
And that is all we will see in the public schools, because the courts will refuse to show the other evidence. As we speak, there is a city West of Cuba, a half mile below the surface of the ocean. And we also have another underwater city found off of India. Yet we don't see believers in Evolution rushing to these spots do we. And what's the reason for that? It's because these cities would support the Biblical flood. So, I guess we have to ignore more evidence. Just (ignore the facts), and float your theories. Consider link below.

Underwater city found near Cuba amazes scientists
Underwater city found near Cuba amazes scientists (http://www.lightwatcher.com/old_lightbytes/underwatercity.html - broken link)
I looked into the Cambay site

"In 2000 a team from the Indian National Institute of Ocean Technology announced the discovery of "city-like structures" in the Gulf of Khambhat. Their findings were released directly to international media, bypassing the normal academic peer review process. Prominent members of India's archaeological community rejected the claims as baseless and politically motivated, arguing that while submerged ruins may exist, the evidence found thus far is grossly insufficient to support the "grand claims" being made....
The site was discovered by a team from the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) in December 2000 and investigated for six months with acoustic techniques. The team identified city-like structures at the location, said to resemble those of major cities of the Indus Valley Civilization, with regular geometric patterns representing a granary, a great bath and a citadel...
However, many marine geologists are skeptical of the interpretations of the NIOT scientists. These Geologists argue that the many of the geometric patterns seen on the sonar images which the NIOT team interpreted to be submerged structures, are instead the inaccuracy of the sonar imaging process itself. Where underlain by lithified sediments and bedrocks, the linear patterns interpreted to be the foundations and walls of man-made structures might instead be naturally occurring orthogonal / rectilinear fracturing and jointing in the rock formations at the bottom of the Gulf of Khambhat.....
News articles report that a block of wood was recovered that was dated to 9,500 years old, which is 5000 years older than the Indus Valley Civilization. As noted by Witzel (2006), there is a lack of stratigraphic evidence to show that this piece of wood is associated with the geometric patterns seen in sonar images...
A round of further underwater explorations was made in the Gulf of Khambhat (Cambay) site by the NIOT team from 2003 to 2004, and the samples obtained of what was presumed to be pottery were sent to laboratories in Oxford, UK and Hanover, Germany,.....
The mineral patterns of habitational floor, wattle and daub and land materials (alluvial deposit) are comparable. The patterns of fired clay, floor brick piece, vitrified clay, compare very well. All these indicate that they are genuine artifacts, made from locally available material and are in situ. It fully confirms the presence of archaeological sites....
However, the optically stimulated luminescence (OSL) dating of the items identified as pottery, which had the older OSL dates, produced dates that are almost identical to OSL dates obtained from associated sediments. That the pottery yielded OSL dates identical to associated sediments suggests that the pottery, which produced the older and oldest OSL dates, may never have been fired and actually consist of pieces of naturally cemented sediments. This raises the possibility that the extremely old samples, as argued for many other artifacts recovered from the Gulf of Khambhat (Cambay), are not man-made artifacts or potsherds, but rather geofacts and related objects of natural origin....

According to archaeologists, the "ruins" are either natural rock formations and (sic) result of faulty remote sensing equipment and the "artifacts" recovered are either geofacts or foreign objects introduced to the site by the very strong tidal currents in the Gulf of Cambay. The side scan sonar equipment used to image the bottom of the Gulf may have been faulty, and the claimed supporting evidence is purely circumstantial....
Interpretations of the objects and seismic data differ sharply between archaeologists and lay commentators. The consensus among scientific archaeologists is that there is no evidence supporting claims of submerged Neolithic ruins and artifacts. In sharp contrast, amateur commentators, including Graham Hancock, Vedic mystics, and Hindu nationalists, argue that the evidence clearly indicates the presence of submerged Neolithic cities at the bottom of the Bay of Cambay." (wiki)

I am sorry to have to keep using wiki but the only people who otherwise get information out quickly are the antedeluvian sites.

It's something to keep an eye on (rather than rushing out there, which would achieve nothing and Campbell34 knows it). It's too early to jump to any conclusions.

I'm still looking into the Cuba 'city' which significantly is referred to in inverted commas.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:51 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
"Paulina Zelitsky remembers the hot July day two summers ago and the sudden, unpleasant feeling that she had stumbled into a place she was not supposed to be.
The research vessel Ulises sailed in the Yucatan Channel just off the west coast of Cuba that day, hired by the Castro government to look for undersea oil and gas -- old treasure ships, too, if they could be found.

As Zelitsky and her husband, Paul Weinzweig, watched the screen, the empty plain of sea bed suddenly gave way to images of massive geometric shapes, apparently cut from stone. As more shapes came into view, some appeared to be arranged in patterns over a large area about 20-kilometers square."
Worldandnation: Underwater world: Man's doing or nature's?

That is not quite a full investigation and, without wanting to traduce anyone, it's far too early to rush into claims about pre-diluvian civilizations. I recall the supposed underwater cities off Binini and Florida. Turned out to be doubtfully anything other than rock formations. There were just too many people falling over themselves to shout about evidence of Atlantis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality