Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:25 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

quote=MontanaGuy;9450018]Campbell34 wrote:

Do you have any links or photographs that document this business about the strange writings on the stones near Cuba? I have seen documentaries about uniform looking rock formations which some have suggested looked manmade but I've never heard anything about an unknown language that's been discovered carved into any stones.[/quote]

In the link below, they speak about the strange inscriptions that have been found on the submerged megalithic stones. They were recorded on video which came from the perimeter of the site. These inscriptions are being analyed by the center for Marine Archaeology and Anthropology at the Cuban Academy of Sciences. Link below, starting on the third page.

Their regualr adress appears unable to work here.

Title is, EARTHFILES-Update on Underwater Megalithic Structures near Western Cuba
By Linda Moulton Howe

Last edited by Campbell34; 06-26-2009 at 09:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 10:07 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
quote=MontanaGuy;9450018]Campbell34 wrote:

Do you have any links or photographs that document this business about the strange writings on the stones near Cuba? I have seen documentaries about uniform looking rock formations which some have suggested looked manmade but I've never heard anything about an unknown language that's been discovered carved into any stones.
In the link below, they speak about the strange inscriptions that have been found on the submerged megalithic stones. They were recorded on video which came from the perimeter of the site. These inscriptions are being analyed by the center for Marine Archaeology and Anthropology at the Cuban Academy of Sciences. Link below, starting on the third page.

Their regualr adress appears unable to work here.

Title is, EARTHFILES-Update on Underwater Megalithic Structures near Western Cuba
By Linda Moulton Howe[/quote]

Wow....Another credible site! Xfiles! I took a glimpse into their archives.

• 06/26/2009 — Mysterious Northeast Bat Deaths Now in 9 States and Headed Toward Kentucky
• 06/25/2009 — Part 3: Non-Human Entities (NHEs): One View from Alleged Government Insiders
• 06/21/2009 — Part 2: Non-Human Entities (NHEs): One View from Alleged Government Insiders
• 06/17/2009 — Update June 17, 2009: Police Arrest Teen Suspect in Cat Mutilation Mystery of Palmetto and Cutler Bay, Florida.
• 06/17/2009 — Part 1: Non-Human Entities (NHEs): One View from Alleged Government Insiders

Earthfiles.com Archives

I was unable to find anything on the Cuban anomaly on the site.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:54 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
sanspeur wrote:
Quote:
I was unable to find anything on the Cuban anomaly on the site.
Just as I suspected. I guess I won't be seeing any high quality underwater photographs of this unknown language afterall.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:39 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default Yawn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
All of the accounts that have seen it up close, and there have been a number over the years from different time periods, describe a large vessel having three decks.

Of course, other, actual studies by credible scientists have found nothing even vaguely approaching an "ark".

The Bible states that Noahs Ark setteled on the highest Mountain, of the Mountians of Ararat. How many other vessels do you think we will find up there, sealed in ice?
A: None.

When we look at the absurd implausibility of a literal Ark, the rational amongst us just walk away shaking our heads.

And that's that.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
sanspeur wrote:

Just as I suspected. I guess I won't be seeing any high quality underwater photographs of this unknown language afterall.
It is Cuba that is doing the research, and it appears National Geographic has no intrest in researching the site themselves. It's been some years now since they stated they would like to be involoved in the research of that site. Cuba and the U.S. have not shared much information for a longtime.

I'm sorry we don't have any pictures to show you, yet since this would be more proof for the Bible and not evolution. It should be obvious why National Geographic is now a no show. Believers in Evolution do this kind of thing all the time. You show them were to look, show them the evidence that would confirm your findings, and they just vanish without comment.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
A: None.

When we look at the absurd implausibility of a literal Ark, the rational amongst us just walk away shaking our heads.

And that's that.
It is a fact that numerous encounters of the Ark on Ararat have occured, and that object has been detected in pictures from space. The deep denial of believers in Evolution is almost now laughable. They must believe that every account has been made by liars of the first degree. People who have gone to the grave telling us of the Ark. Yet believers in Evolution can only believe in an unproven theory. If you shake your heads, it should be for your lack of faith in your fellow man. Because seriously, you must believe all the accounts of the Ark could only be made by liars.
No doubt, there are liars in this world, yet to believe so many stories confirming the Ark are but fabrications, requires a lot of faith.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:32 AM

206 posts, read 233,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Let me try and add some perspective to how absurd a flood would be to cover the entire world with water, to keep it simple I'm use the concept of a flat world, we all know that on a sphere the higher you go the greater the surface area, so these figure are at there lowest figures.
1) There is 12,595,200,000 acres that make up this planet
2) One acre foot of water equals 325,851 gallons.
3) To cover the earth with just 1 acre foot of water would take 4.104^15 /gallons.
4) According to the account in the bible, every mountain to was covered with water, Mt Everest is just a little over 29,000 ft above sea level. So now we take the 4.104^15 * 29,000, which gives us 1.190^20 gallons of water to cover the earth.
5) According to the bible it rained for 40 24 hour periods. This rain is equal to 2.06^15 gallons per minute or 4.50^12 cfs. 1 cfs=450 gpm.
6) Trying to put this in perspective, Niagara Falls flow rate is 202,000 cfs. If we divide 4.50^12 cfs with Niagara Falls flow rate we get 22,731,901, this is how many Niagara Falls it would take to flood the earth in 40 24 hour periods.
7)Thats allot of water dumping on your head.

I find that this amount of rain would displace the atmosphere and nothing would be able to breath. This includes Noah and all his animals.
Actually there is coral atop Everest today. So this particular piece of real estate has been underwater at one point.

We also know that what we see as Everest today wasn't always 29000 ft above sea level.

I'm sure you will agree with both of these statements, so the area we disagree is simply one of timing.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:11 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times

YouTube - Bill Cosby Noah

Old 07-14-2009, 08:26 AM

970 posts, read 1,700,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c'est la vie View Post
Actually there is coral atop Everest today. So this particular piece of real estate has been underwater at one point.

We also know that what we see as Everest today wasn't always 29000 ft above sea level.

I'm sure you will agree with both of these statements, so the area we disagree is simply one of timing.
Why yes, like all mountains, the Everest started as flat ground, and slowly grew as two continental plates were forced against each other.

The Everest (+/- 8850 meters high) in particular is growing at a rate of about 6.1 cm/year. The flood supposedly happened around 3000 BC. So, if I'm not mistaken, at the time of the flood, the Everest was 5 meters (less than 20 feet) smaller.

Timing disagreement indeed.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:54 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default Every time he spoke, his nose grew longer......

Campbell34 noted, above: "It is a fact that numerous encounters of the Ark on Ararat have occured, and that object has been detected in pictures from space."

Please provide the specific reference where your Ark has been categorically detected and determined to be an Ark from space. I've read all the available stuff, including the x-Ray fluorescence studies in the late '90s which identified it as a typical limestone/basalt upthrust, absent any organic (i.e.: wood) components. (Not a 1945 photo flyover by a Christian acolyte who desperately wanted, nay, needed, it to be The Ark in his mind. Sorry; that sort of popularized and anecdotal account doesn't cut it in the world of objective analysis, and on top of it, since then it's been disproved six ways from Sunday.)

Is that what you think provides clear and irrefutible evidence of an Ark? Really? Boy, you're quite the easy sell, arent' you? Or, as I note elsewhere, you do like to repeat your false claims over and over and over, hoping they'll eventually stick.

To repeat my comment: that's not very Christian of you, Tom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality