Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 11:11 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And I believe the Bible is the true account, because as I have stated so many times in the past, the Bible is being proven to be accurate by historical discovery. And those who have opposed it's truth in the past have been made to look like fools, especially when such discoveries have been made. And that is a fact you can take to the bank.
The Bible speaks of a six day creation. However, as science has proven, life on Earth evolved over billions of years.

I can't believe that in 2009 people still believe in "Noah's Flood".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 11:13 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,074,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
The Bible speaks of a six day creation. However, as science has proven, life on Earth evolved over billions of years.

You lose.

no. it really hasn't "proven" a billions of years-old Earth. Even if it had, many Christians can still reconcile an old-earth with a 6 day Genesis creation account.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
no. it really hasn't "proven" a billions of years-old Earth. Even if it had, many Christians can still reconcile an old-earth with a 6 day Genesis creation account.
Sorry, but the evidence for an old earth is there. The evidence for a six-day creation is not. Science trumps religion everytime.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:17 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,074,067 times
Quote:
Sorry, but the evidence for an old earth is there. The evidence for a six-day creation is not. Science trumps religion everytime.

Actually...there is plenty of evidence for a young earth.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
No, I mean real evidence.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:19 AM

33,566 posts, read 37,172,616 times
Quote:
Really....Show me.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:26 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is just not true Campbell....Most of the flood myths do not mention your god, nor do they instruct anyone to put animals in a boat...many don't even mention a boat.... Just like you quote mine everything else that doesn't fit your beliefs, so you have selected the few local flood stories that fit.....Most don't and you know it.

Regarding your comment about those that do not believe the "truth" of the bible looking like fools. It seems that you often manage to sneak in one of your passive aggressive insults, but Campbell we are not the ones looking like fools here.
Well I live in the states, and I don't consider China local, Yet their oral tradition speaks of a God, and a flood cause by Him. Humans and animals spared in a vessel.
The Bolivia Chiriguano tradition speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Original natives of Cuba speak of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
East Africa-Masai speak of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Guyana-Macushi tradition speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Egypt-Book of the Dead speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Iceland-Eddas tradition speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
India-Andamam Islands tradition speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Italy- Ovid's poetry speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Mexico-Huichol tradition speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Russia-Vogul tradition speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Alaska Tlingit tradition speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Vietnam-Bahnar tradition speaks of a God, and flood caused by him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.
Hawaii legend speaks of a God, and flood caused by Him. And humans and animals spared in a vessel.

The list could go on, but I think I have made my point here. We are not just talking about a few local stories.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:27 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,593,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
i once asked a devout lutheran that question and he told me that it was all done by god hypnotizing all the animals into a deep sleep so none of them ate or pooped or moved at all during the flood. Yes, he really told me that. Sort of like cryogenetics, i guess. The ramblings of a desperate mind

roflmfao!!!

:d:d:d

Old 06-14-2009, 11:30 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,633,334 times
kdbrich,
I noticed you didn't respond when you were caught in a Gotcha moment when you stated that there weren't any mountains before the flood even though the Bible says that there were. I can't really blame you though, that would be a tough one to wiggle out of.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:33 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,963 times
Quote:

I can't believe that in 2009 people still believe in "Noah's Flood".
If Noahs flood was a myth, why do we see so many matching accounts of the Biblical story in almost every oral traditon on earth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality