Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:40 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,678,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Yeah, tell it to a 3 year old...
LOL! Boy, I miss those days Never thought I would when scrubbing dinner off the walls but alas...

Old 01-04-2009, 09:50 PM

134 posts, read 317,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
No it doesn't but spegetti isn't very good at flying
I don't know, I've seen kids fling it pretty far through the air.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:18 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,125,579 times
For those who wish to learn more of His Noodly Goodness, there is a Church of the FSM community on Facebook. Also, visit the Church of the FSM here!

RAmen!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 AM

839 posts, read 982,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
By the way, as a Hindu, my beliefs are not compatible with FSMism primarily due to the meatball aspect of the deity they worship.
Hey now! The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a vegetarian entre! He loves the cows; they are sacred to him.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Teaching about all religions in school doesn't break the separation of church and state. I think it's important for children to learn about others belief's, it makes them more tolerant of others in the future.
There are hundreds of religions, thousands if you include the various denominations/sects within them. Public schools can't possibly teach them all and to teach some and not others would be to make the claim that the ones being taught are more legitimate. Anyway, I highly doubt you'd like it if your children (assuming you have any) were being taught Islam or Confucianism, for example. It's important for children to learn about the major academic disciplines; they need to focus on science, social science, history (which can include culture and historical aspects of religion, but certainly not theology), literature, english, etc. There is only so much time in the day; students need to focus on learning the skills that will prepare them for future careers, that will prepare them to function as productive adults and that will prepare them for advanced studies in college. Religion is something that can be taught in church if the child's parents believes thats necessary; the state has no business teaching about spirituality and theology.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Judgement of God is going to fall. God is not mocked.
God has extended his grace toward mankind. Yes, he loves people - but people hate God, they prefer their sin, their own 'angle' on things.
Well, time is short people.
Not even Obama can stop what is heading this worlds way.
Some people just don't want Grace. They opt for the Law.
God is a judge, he is not just a little figure sitting on the cloud somewhere.
Humble yourself while you can. Time is short.

Sorry, sounds sooooo OTT - but you need to shake yourselves up.
WhOa!!! You, like, totally shook me up! I have seen the light; I have been in error all these years. You, with your convincing arguments, your flawless application of logic and sound reasoning, your empirical evidence; yes, you have humbled me. I see now that I was lost, but you have found me. I will humiliate myself before god! Like, totally! I will seek his grace and be saved and will laugh and laugh at all those nonbelievers as they rot in eternal damnation! I think I'll sit back in heaven, pop some popcorn and watch them suffer for having the audacity to not believe in a 2000 year old book about burning bushes, floating arks and people turning into pillars of salt. How could they have been so stupid!? Oh well, praise Jesus!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
ILNC!
Have you been touched by FSM yet? If so, you can have your meatballs and eat them too!
Yes, I was touched by FSM... but he told me not to tell

Old 01-05-2009, 12:33 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
im sorry, it just does not conjure up images of god to me as flying spagetti is kinda funny. god likes it when i laugh.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:20 PM

134 posts, read 317,904 times
I've noticed that pastafarians seem to see their God as a man. They always refer to his noodly goodness. Is this the case?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:10 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
You mean, for instance, the 'legal right' to present multiple world views on our origins in an educational setting?

I agree!

Good on you!

So what would you propose we do about those close-minded atheists?
I think it is a GREAT idea to teach "multiple world views on our origins in an educational setting". Including ALL the religious views, not just the Christian ones. ( eg in a class on the history and beliefs of all the world's religions.) Children will learn that there are many gods and many religions and many different religious views and not just the one their church or parents teach them.

You do realise that presenting multiple views of all the religious beliefs of our origins in schools would open up debate on why mankind created gods and religions and why there have been so many throughout human history?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality