Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:33 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,169,008 times

Advertisements

Do you believe that Energy and God are all the same?

What is your presumption of God?

What is your presumption of Energy?

How those 2 are different or alike?

I believe in the universal energy, the light from which everything is made, the same energy that is in all of us, and everything around us. Energy that can not be destroyed, and is transformed from one form to another. Take a look at a piece of plastic under the microscope. What do you see?
Energy is always at work, it was, is and will be, it will never die, it continues to create, change, exist. There are many laws of nature, laws of physics to explain everything about energy, light and how it works.
I too can call it God and righteously so, because in this case God is a Creator, an Energy.

But then, there is Christian God/Father.
For many Christians, believing in God is the same as believing in a material thing, such as table, or a donkey, or a dog, or a statue. We, as humans, use our senses to define things, smell, touch, see, hear. What we can not define becomes "unknown". While all of the material things are visible, Christian God/Father is not, because we don't have enough "senses" to see unseeing. Christian use word God/Father as a definition of something unseeing, untouchable, unheard. While God/Father (in my case is energy) is in all of us and around us, I don't believe in it as humanized creature floating somewhere in space and judging all of us.

Perhaps, if you believe in God/Father as Energy, and if you try to replace word "God/Father" with word 'Energy' in the entire Bible, would the Bible still make sense to you?
Perhaps, we believe in the same thing, perhaps not.

There is a lot more to say, but then, i'll be spending rest of my life typing.

Sorry for my long post, just my little perspective on things all "unknown"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 09:10 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,017,657 times
I totally agree and have always said that...our "creator" is the Universe itself, the endless energy that makes life "alive". That's why I always post that I do believe in a "creator"...more of a "source of life"...but I do not believe in an all-seeing, thinking, acting god who watches over us, cares about is or even knows we exist. The planet, mother nature, are basically controlled by the Universe, as are our lives. That divine spark of energy-life is in all of us and we are all connected. It's sad that religion has severed that connection across the planet.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,999,558 times
I also agree, I view this source that is called God as the creative essence behind all things and within all things.To me, It is what It is, to give this source a personality leads to all kinds of distortions, then it has to take on human attributes, it then has to supply a reward and punishment system, all of these things come from the human ego, we then have to create religious beliefs to tell use what this God thinks, which, in my opinion, has nothing to do with this source we call God. We are all this spark of life, believers and non-believers alike, and if one choose to accept this or not, it changes nothing at all.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:54 AM

1 posts, read 22,290 times
My God is love. My God is a form of energy. Love is the most powerful form of energy. Love radiates from us because of it's energy inside of us. My God is inside of me. My God radiates from me in the form of love. And it's noticeable to say the least

Spread God's love to all.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:39 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,893,566 times
If god = energy and energy = god, why have two words that mean the exact same thing? Just call it energy and be done with the word god, which seems to mean something different to everyone you talk to.

I am an atheist. I believe energy exists; I do not believe a thing called god exists, at least how I think of that word. But, if you believe god = energy, and I believe in energy, then I must also believe in your god (the one you define as energy). I just don't like the word god because it carries too much extra meaning in the minds of most people. If we already have another word that means god (i.e., the word energy) that does not carry unnecessary superfluous connotations that god has, then let's just say energy and never speak of god again. But, if the term energy does not capture all that god is, in your mind, then god does not equal energy to you, and therefore, I do not believe in your god.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:46 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I also agree, I view this source that is called God as the creative essence behind all things and within all things.To me, It is what It is, to give this source a personality leads to all kinds of distortions, then it has to take on human attributes, it then has to supply a reward and punishment system, all of these things come from the human ego, we then have to create religious beliefs to tell use what this God thinks, which, in my opinion, has nothing to do with this source we call God. We are all this spark of life, believers and non-believers alike, and if one choose to accept this or not, it changes nothing at all.
I agree 100%....the distortion of MAN MADE RELIGION has ruined and obliterated the connection we have with one another and the universe (OUR SOURCE).

Old 09-21-2010, 06:11 AM

512 posts, read 1,434,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I totally agree and have always said that...our "creator" is the Universe itself, the endless energy that makes life "alive". That's why I always post that I do believe in a "creator"...more of a "source of life"...but I do not believe in an all-seeing, thinking, acting god who watches over us, cares about is or even knows we exist. The planet, mother nature, are basically controlled by the Universe, as are our lives. That divine spark of energy-life is in all of us and we are all connected. It's sad that religion has severed that connection across the planet.
esselcue,
i understand what you're suggesting...and i personally have no issues with what you believe. i mean, of course, some sort of energy must have created the universe and boom, here we are.
what i question is why you would call that a "creator"? to me, a creator, is someone/something that intentionally created us/something. i would be ok with calling it the "cause", but "creator" implies what i suggested, doesn't it to you?
If a tornado picked up a hypothetical ant farm and threw it all the way across town into another ant farm, and now you had this huge inter-species ant farm, you wouldn't call the tornado (which i guess is a force in its own) the 'creator'...it could be the 'cause' of their "universe" but 'creator' doesn't sound right (to me). what are your thoughts?

Another issue with people calling energy/force/etc. "god", is that the religious folks count you in as their ally simply because you believe in a "god" or a "creator", not realizing or caring that what you believe in is completely different than the all seeing, all knowing "god/creator" that 'they' believe in!

just a thought. cheers!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 AM

63,791 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
esselcue,
i understand what you're suggesting...and i personally have no issues with what you believe. i mean, of course, some sort of energy must have created the universe and boom, here we are.
what i question is why you would call that a "creator"? to me, a creator, is someone/something that intentionally created us/something. i would be ok with calling it the "cause", but "creator" implies what i suggested, doesn't it to you?
If a tornado picked up a hypothetical ant farm and threw it all the way across town into another ant farm, and now you had this huge inter-species ant farm, you wouldn't call the tornado (which i guess is a force in its own) the 'creator'...it could be the 'cause' of their "universe" but 'creator' doesn't sound right (to me). what are your thoughts?

Another issue with people calling energy/force/etc. "god", is that the religious folks count you in as their ally simply because you believe in a "god" or a "creator", not realizing or caring that what you believe in is completely different than the all seeing, all knowing "god/creator" that 'they' believe in!

just a thought. cheers!
Light reading1

Light reading2

Light reading3

Light reading4

Old 09-21-2010, 09:10 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Do you believe that Energy and God are all the same?
Yes.

Quote:
I believe in the universal energy, the light from which everything is made, the same energy that is in all of us, and everything around us. Energy that can not be destroyed, and is transformed from one form to another. Take a look at a piece of plastic under the microscope. What do you see?
Energy is always at work, it was, is and will be, it will never die, it continues to create, change, exist. There are many laws of nature, laws of physics to explain everything about energy, light and how it works.
I too can call it God and righteously so, because in this case God is a Creator, an Energy.
This pretty much sums up my view. I refrain from using the word "God" though because of the Judeo-Christian connotations that word holds. If I tell people I believe in God, a lot of people, especially here in the Bible Belt, think I'm talking about Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Generally I use the terms "the light," "energy," "consciousness," and "the Universe."

Quote:
Perhaps, if you believe in God/Father as Energy, and if you try to replace word "God/Father" with word 'Energy' in the entire Bible, would the Bible still make sense to you?
Perhaps, we believe in the same thing, perhaps not.
Definitely not. There is a lot of unconsciousness in the Bible that is definitely not the manifestation of the universal consciousness, which is part of the reason I don't believe in the Abrahamic God. The Abrahamic God reminds me a lot of humans, filled with consciousness but held down by a matrix of unconsciousness, where the choice towards consciousness or the light is ultimately our own. It's up to us to hold onto the consciousness or to let go and let consciousness shine through instead. If we choose the latter, we will realize as a planet that we are "God," we are that force, along with nature and everything else in the Universe, not some separate entity. In consciousness, there is no separation, there is just one.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:32 AM

512 posts, read 1,434,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Yes.

This pretty much sums up my view. I refrain from using the word "God" though because of the Judeo-Christian connotations that word holds. If I tell people I believe in God, a lot of people, especially here in the Bible Belt, think I'm talking about Jesus Christ, their Lord and Savior. Generally I use the terms "the light," "energy," "consciousness," and "the Universe."

Definitely not. There is a lot of unconsciousness in the Bible that is definitely not the manifestation of the universal consciousness, which is part of the reason I don't believe in the Abrahamic God. The Abrahamic God reminds me a lot of humans, filled with consciousness but held down by a matrix of unconsciousness, where the choice towards consciousness or the light is ultimately our own. It's up to us to hold onto the consciousness or to let go and let consciousness shine through instead. If we choose the latter, we will realize as a planet that we are "God," we are that force, along with nature and everything else in the Universe, not some separate entity. In consciousness, there is no separation, there is just one.
good points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality