Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
If it's against the law, which illegal online gambling is they would have to act and Poker is immoral, this is not debatable.
What is immoral is to pick at your neighbors

You actually haven't told us how you came to know about your neighbor's gaming habits. Please share that important piece of information, or you will just keep on getting ridiculed.

As i said before, if you suspect your neighbor has an addiction and it's ruining his life, it's a totally different matter.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:25 AM

223 posts, read 537,785 times
Quote:
Am I off my rocker.
Yes, absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 AM

558 posts, read 1,834,630 times
Quote:
If it's against the law, which illegal online gambling is they would have to act and Poker is immoral, this is not debatable.
I don't think you even understand online poker. Some sites have free chip play which allows a person to play for FREE. You can also buy in for any amount you want such as $1, $5, $10, etc. A $1 game of poker could last hours and hours if you play it properly.

Online poker is NOT illegal in most states. No Joe poker player sitting in his living room has to worry about law enforcement. Only the web sites hosting the game will get in trouble. The websites usually don't allow players from those 13 or so states to play for real money anyway so that is not an issue. Call the police and they will laugh at you, they probably play online themselves.........ONLY THE SITE HOSTING THE GAME WILL GET IN TROUBLE!!!!!! Why make a fool out of yourself?

Why is it any of your business what your neighbor does for fun? Please explain to me how poker is immoral. Are Go Fish and Uno immoral too? Are board games immoral ? Poker isn't some back alley shady game, it is one of America's favorite card games.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
I don't think that Mr. Rogers would have said: Won't you be my neighbor?

Old 11-21-2008, 11:14 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,831,828 times
Quote:
While you are reporting him for gambling, please stand in line for invading his privacy, trespassing, harassment, slander, defamation, and also brought on by the DA a claim of Frivolous Lawsuit. Just to get your day started. That Glass House you live in, has a lot of cracks.

"Judge not, lest ye be Judged"

Old 11-21-2008, 11:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Default I've discovered that my neighbor plays online poker, is it my duty to report him to the police?

Quote:
Recently I've discovered that my neighbor gambles illegally online. I feel like I should report this to the authorities, however, my wife feels that it is none of our business.

I'm a Christian and morally opposed to gambling and feel it's a waste of money, however it comes down to personal choice. If you want to fly out to Vegas and throw away your money that is your decision.

However, Online gambling I have a huge issue with. It's 100% illegal. Kids can be exposed to it and I've heard horror stories of people losing everything after their child got online and found an online gaming site. Terrorism and drug criminals also use these sites to launder money.

My biggest issue is the fact that I know that my neighbor is breaking the law and I feel it would be wrong for my not to notify the police.

Should I report this guy or just let it go?
By all means you must report zis criminal to ze gestapo. Und ze KGB. And zen you vill be required to be present for ze interrogation.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:33 AM

777 posts, read 1,440,850 times
Proverbs 26:17 He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.

Heehee

Old 11-21-2008, 12:26 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,473 times
It is silly to report this to the police, I doubt they will ever prosecute him anyway.
Just let it go, and with all due respect it really isn't any of your business.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:09 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,168,548 times
This isn't serious, right?

*Holds laugh in until someone will come and confirm that it is in fact serious.*

Old 11-21-2008, 03:12 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,029,727 times
Quote:
Recently I've discovered that my neighbor gambles illegally online. I feel like I should report this to the authorities, however, my wife feels that it is none of our business.

I'm a Christian and morally opposed to gambling and feel it's a waste of money, however it comes down to personal choice. If you want to fly out to Vegas and throw away your money that is your decision.

However, Online gambling I have a huge issue with. It's 100% illegal. Kids can be exposed to it and I've heard horror stories of people losing everything after their child got online and found an online gaming site. Terrorism and drug criminals also use these sites to launder money.

My biggest issue is the fact that I know that my neighbor is breaking the law and I feel it would be wrong for my not to notify the police.

Should I report this guy or just let it go?
Just let it go. Gambling doesn't hurt you. It's your neighbor's choice. If it causes him problems, that's his fault. He's an adult and can take responsibility for his actions. If he does get carried away, no need to cause further harm to him, by having the law punish him for punishing himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.