Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:38 PM

500 posts, read 704,587 times

Advertisements

So, will we see mass demonstrations from the so-called moderate Muslims condoning the latest killings? Probably not (I truly hope I'm wrong), in fact, they might turn this around and some how, some way, the will blame the West for this latest action. God forbid if the Pope said something, or a news paper publish cartoons, or somebody writes an anti Islam book, there will be demonstrations all over the world.

For the Muslims that post here, this is why people are nerves of Islam, this is why people no longer buy the message of peace, love and tolerance when it comes to Islam.

Enough of and do something to take back your religion from the extremists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 08:54 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,599,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
So, will we see mass demonstrations from the so-called moderate Muslims condoning the latest killings? Probably not (I truly hope I'm wrong), in fact, they might turn this around and some how, some way, the will blame the West for this latest action. God forbid if the Pope said something, or a news paper publish cartoons, or somebody writes an anti Islam book, there will be demonstrations all over the world.

For the Muslims that post here, this is why people are nerves of Islam, this is why people no longer buy the message of peace, love and tolerance when it comes to Islam.

The two religions that are the most violent in my opinion are Christianity and Islam. The extremists in both these religions are very dangerous.

What these people did is horrible. They are only aiming at British people and Americans. Islamic extremists really need to get over it. Women are more treated more fair here than there. They don't like that. They think women should not even be allowed to drive!

I think this is what enrages them so much..oh and yes..that we are not an Islamic nation as well.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
The two religions that are the most violent in my opinion are Christianity and Islam. The extremists in both these religions are very dangerous.
Please...spare us your politically correct answer, and concentrate on what's going on in today's world.

Quote:
What these people did is horrible. They are only aiming at British people and Americans. Islamic extremists really need to get over it.
And how do you propose they get over killing all non believers? I believe the so-called moderate MUST take the lead to defeat these crazed individuals and take back their religion.

Quote:
Women are more treated more fair here than there. They don't like that. They think women should not even be allowed to drive!
SHSHSH don't say this here, 20yrsinBranson might give you a lecture how Islam honor women

Quote:
I think this is what enrages them so much..oh and yes..that we are not an Islamic nation as well.
So what you're saying is, part of their rage is that we're not Muslim, ay. Hmmm so much for the religion of peace and tolerance

Old 11-27-2008, 08:50 AM

5,598 posts, read 15,444,866 times
Quote:

You are right. This is the message and question proclaimed by Dr. M. Zudhi Jasser, Muslim founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy. There are others like him, who boldly stand up against the intolerance and hatred by the extreme but very popular ideology of Islam rapidly spreading across the globe today. Another organization we should support is the Institute for Global Engagement, who are successfully working to introduce new policies upholding religious tolerance in many countries around the world. In some cases, the countries already have the laws in place, but leaders and citizens have been unaware or apethetic in supporting their practice.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Please...spare us your politically correct answer, and concentrate on what's going on in today's world.

And how do you propose they get over killing all non believers? I believe the so-called moderate MUST take the lead to defeat these crazed individuals and take back their religion.

SHSHSH don't say this here, 20yrsinBranson might give you a lecture how Islam honor women

So what you're saying is, part of their rage is that we're not Muslim, ay. Hmmm so much for the religion of peace and tolerance
A lot is going on in todays world involving Christianity and Islam. That is exactly what I said. None of them are peaceful religions and for you to even say 'so much for the religion of peace and tolerance', shows me that you actually think Christianity is the most peaceful. Haha.

And I do not believe Islam honors women. Neither does Christianity although, Christianity does respect women a little bit more.

Yes, their rage is that we not Islamic. So much for the religion of peace and tolerance? Yeah, so much for Christianity as well. "We are all loving! Jesus this and Jesus that!' But when it comes down to actually loving when love is needed, they are full of hatred.

It is going to take much more than a moderate to stop this. You have to realize that. These people are insane for religion. The only way they would stop these things is if Allah himself came down to Earth and told them to stop it. They are extremists in all cases.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:43 AM

33,632 posts, read 37,285,529 times
To be fair to Christians... I don't see them killing people all over the world the way Muslim extremists are doing. They kill people every day in various counties around the planet. I believe the world would be a far better place without either of these religions, or perhaps no religions at all. How many have suffered for the sake of religion over the span of time? I see no signs of it letting up either.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:50 AM

5,598 posts, read 15,444,866 times
TheLiberalVoice, are you prepared to make a choice someday when these radical Islamists successfully take over this nation? (Hypothetical, but evidence clearly supports the idea) They will try and are already preparing for such a takeover, whether through violent jihad or subtle cultural jihad as is dramatically happening in Europe. The way I see it, harmless Christians are continually severely persecuted by many people around the world - especially by radical Muslims and atheistic governments - for no reason other than that they believe and preach what Jesus believed and taught while on earth. That persecution is what Christ promised to His followers. Humanity is desperately wicked and actually proves the truth of His declaration by objectively attacking those who preach it.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
To be fair to Christians... I don't see them killing people all over the world the way Muslim extremists are doing. They kill people every day in various counties around the planet. I believe the world would be a far better place without either of these religions, or perhaps no religions at all. How many have suffered for the sake of religion over the span of time? I see no signs of it letting up either.
Yeah, Christianity is slightly less violent than Muslim extremists.

I also think the world would be much much better without Christianity and Islam.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
TheLiberalVoice, are you prepared to make a choice someday when these radical Islamists successfully take over this nation? (Hypothetical, but evidence clearly supports the idea) They will try and are already preparing for such a takeover, whether through violent jihad or subtle cultural jihad. The way I see it, harmless Christians are continually severely persecuted by many people around the world - especially by radical Muslims and atheistic governments - for no reason other than that they believe and preach what our Jesus believed and taught while on earth. That persecution is what Christ promised to His followers. Humanity is desperately wicked and proves His declaration by objectively attacking those who preach it.
Before I attempt to give an answer to this post, tell me one thing. Do you REALLY think that these people will take over our nation?

Oh please. For crying out loud!!

Old 11-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
A lot is going on in todays world involving Christianity and Islam. That is exactly what I said. None of them are peaceful religions and for you to even say 'so much for the religion of peace and tolerance', shows me that you actually think Christianity is the most peaceful. Haha.
Is TODAY"S Christianity prosecuting non believers in the West as the Muslims doing to non Believers in the Islamic world? The answer is NO. NEXT

Quote:
And I do not believe Islam honors women. Neither does Christianity although, Christianity does respect women a little bit more.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Yes, their rage is that we not Islamic. So much for the religion of peace and tolerance? Yeah, so much for Christianity as well. "We are all loving! Jesus this and Jesus that!' But when it comes down to actually loving when love is needed, they are full of hatred.
The bottom line is, the Western civilization (mostly Christian) is far more tolerant of other people beliefs. Try and build a Church in an Islamic country vs try to build a mosque in the West, it's night and day. NEXT

Quote:
It is going to take much more than a moderate to stop this. You have to realize that. These people are insane for religion. The only way they would stop these things is if Allah himself came down to Earth and told them to stop it. They are extremists in all cases.
But having the Moderates with a spine standing up to take back their religion would hurt either. Plus, it gives us (the WEST) HOPE. Sitting on their hands doing little to nothing gives us no hope, instead, they will be swallowed up by the current movement thus making them part of the problem and not the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality