Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:24 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,777,832 times

Advertisements

After witnessing the outrageous pandering done by Barrack Hussein Obama, and Mrs Bill Clinton, down in Bama, a couple questions immediately became obvious. First am I the only one that finds these performances terribly insulting and demeaning to blacks, for the obvious reasons? Secondly, why do we never here the outrage when dems blatantly "campaign" inside liberal churches directly to their congregations, like we do anytime a republican is even in the same county as James Dobson, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson etc..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 08:33 PM

147 posts, read 239,391 times
Default The Religious Left is very powerful

The Religious Left is very powerful and cannot criticized, that's why.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:32 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,883,961 times
I am with ya, as a black person from the South I was deeply offended by Hillarys racist and demeaning speech, she was using slave speech and the blacks there just lapped it up.

when the religious right has a conservative politician in their church, the Left goes bizerk--conplaining that we cant have a mixture of Church and State, but for the Left it is ok because the poor black folk aint got no place to hold no rally.

It is double standard because the media is in the pocket of the democrats and 95%of the journalists consider themselves liberals--a gallup poll showed before the 2004 election.

we werent ever get objective fair coverage and so we will never get equal standards, so conservatives have to work twice as hard to get their message out to the population.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,960,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
After witnessing the outrageous pandering done by Barrack Hussein Obama, and Mrs Bill Clinton, down in Bama, a couple questions immediately became obvious. First am I the only one that finds these performances terribly insulting and demeaning to blacks, for the obvious reasons? Secondly, why do we never here the outrage when dems blatantly "campaign" inside liberal churches directly to their congregations, like we do anytime a republican is even in the same county as James Dobson, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson etc..?
It was outrageous. The only thing missing was Hillary Clinton offering to make a kettle of chitlins and fried chicken for the crowd. I think anyone can see that the pandering is completely superficial and politically motivated. I think Southern blacks are far more aware of it than anyone else. Sharpton (though I don't like him) made the statement that politicians suddenly show up when they want something.... he's right!
If I had been Obama, I'd have avoided the Clintons like the plague instead of being photographed and videotaped in a huge crowd staring at them..which made him look like the second fiddle.
As for liberal churches, God and Jesus became far less important in those churches than political and social issues years ago. It wouldn't surprise me to hear a pro-abortion speech from a candidate in one of those churches.
But tying the pandering to the fake chuminess and fake accents and you've got classic bs Americana politics and hopefully everyone sees how demeaning it is, especially those who are the current targets of it.

I'm so radical in my old age!

(PS. thank you for your kind comment as well )

Old 03-06-2007, 10:49 AM

22,844 posts, read 28,084,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDallasNative View Post
The Religious Left is very powerful
LOL! That's funny.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:57 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,604,513 times
I'm just hoping for the day that Obama and Hillary cancel each other out.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 AM

2,971 posts, read 2,245,763 times
Because the majority of the media is left wing and the left can do no wrong. Hillary goes to church for a political opportunity. I don't understand how someone can attend a church that believes abortion is a sin but part of their platform is pro-abortion. Talk about hypocracy in action.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:11 PM

68,279 posts, read 54,049,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Because the majority of the media is left wing and the left can do no wrong. Hillary goes to church for a political opportunity. I don't understand how someone can attend a church that believes abortion is a sin but part of their platform is pro-abortion. Talk about hypocracy in action.
You need to separate church and state.

Being pro-choice IS NOT being pro-abortion, it's hoping to keep the government nose from places it doesn't belong.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:20 PM

22,844 posts, read 28,084,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You need to separate church and state.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Being pro-choice IS NOT being pro-abortion, it's hoping to keep the government nose from places it doesn't belong.
But the government does belong in protecting the lives of its citizens. That's the crux of the argument.

Jefferson's rule of thumb: If it neither picks your pocket nor breaks your leg, it's none of the government's business. A good rule. But given that abortion goes way beyond breaking someone's leg --- it is the ending of their life altogether --- it is an area where the government does need to be involved.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:52 PM

68,279 posts, read 54,049,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Agreed.

But the government does belong in protecting the lives of its citizens. That's the crux of the argument.

Jefferson's rule of thumb: If it neither picks your pocket nor breaks your leg, it's none of the government's business. A good rule. But given that abortion goes way beyond breaking someone's leg --- it is the ending of their life altogether --- it is an area where the government does need to be involved.
I'll follow the decisions that have judged a fetus to NOT be a human life.

I'm a male in my 50s, I won't pretend to understand the pressures that an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy puts on a woman. It's a historical fact that women who decide they MUST terminate a pregnancy WILL seek an abortion, legal or not. I don't think they should have to die at the hand of some butcher because of that decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality