Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 01:09 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That was certainly the only way they could explain why Their God bigger and better than any other god, still let them get kicked by other people with other gods. They saw the problem of Evil in very personal terms.

Paul took this and ran with it as a pretext for throwing Jewish observances (which his Gentiles didn't like) overboard. I'm sure that he would have seen the Jewish war as divine retribution. His converts certainly did. And yet no matter how much of a kicking the Jews got, they stuck to their faith.

(More to come after Campbell34 bites on this )
What the Jews stuck to, was their (vain traditions), they did not follow their God. And that is why the God of the Bible gave them into the hands of their enemies. And that is why God tell us in Ezekiel 36:17. Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

No, the Jews did not stick to their faith, they stuck to their vain religion that did not honor God. And verse 19 tells us as punishment God scattered them among the nations. And then God tells us in verse 20 that when they entered those nations, they again profaned His holy name.

Sticking to one's religion or faith, does not always mean we are following God. And that is why Jesus warns us about following vain religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 01:33 PM

62 posts, read 107,547 times
Campbell34 is the one who is vain and an anti-Semite! He, or she? You can't even read Hebrew and you think you know for sure what the Jewish bible says. You have to rely on lying Christian translators with an ulterior motive. You see, the Jews have always been able to read, unlike the general population for thousands of years who had to just believe what they were told, and Jews actually read the bible in Hebrew, and have always known what it really says. We know all of your hundreds of prophecies foretold in the Hebrew bible are false, you see because the Jews actually know the Hebrew. The church intentionally mistranslated, it is not about interpretation, they actually changed the meanings of words, and sometimes the tense, like if the bible spoke of something that already happened the church would change to speak of something that is about to happen in the future. They knew that most people were illiterate and they could get away with it. They were desperate to put Jesus in the Hebrew bible. With Christianity anyway, it is a fear mongering religion, they are all told the accept Jesus or they will die in hell.

You see they start with the premise that Jesus is everywhere, so they subconciously see him on every page of the Jewish bible, rather than actually really learning any Hebrew and looking very closely at their so called proof texts. They use soundbites, so to speak to prove their false prophecies!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivria66 View Post
Campbell34 is the one who is vain and an anti-Semite! He, or she? You can't even read Hebrew and you think you know for sure what the Jewish bible says. You have to rely on lying Christian translators with an ulterior motive. You see, the Jews have always been able to read, unlike the general population for thousands of years who had to just believe what they were told, and Jews actually read the bible in Hebrew, and have always known what it really says. We know all of your hundreds of prophecies foretold in the Hebrew bible are false, you see because the Jews actually know the Hebrew. The church intentionally mistranslated, it is not about interpretation, they actually changed the meanings of words, and sometimes the tense, like if the bible spoke of something that already happened the church would change to speak of something that is about to happen in the future. They knew that most people were illiterate and they could get away with it. They were desperate to put Jesus in the Hebrew bible. With Christianity anyway, it is a fear mongering religion, they are all told the accept Jesus or they will die in hell.

You see they start with the premise that Jesus is everywhere, so they subconciously see him on every page of the Jewish bible, rather than actually really learning any Hebrew and looking very closely at their so called proof texts. They use soundbites, so to speak to prove their false prophecies!
It's the God of the Old Testament that tells us the Jews are before Him as an unclean woman. Don't blame Christian translators for Gods clear statements. Jesus said well of the Jews, they have eyes and the see not, and they have ears and they hear not. The Jews have been scattered through out the nations because of their evil. (THIS IS A FACT OF THE BIBLE.) God tells us, He gave them into the hands of their enemies because of their evil. The Jews of the past were wrong, and your own Old Testament tells you that God will return them to the land of Israel in the last days. Yet it clearly tells us, that all the time they wandered they polluted Gods name. It's your own Old Testament that tells you this. Do you just put blinders on and pretend that everything is fine between the Jewish people and God? How long will it take you to wake up? The Dead Sea Scrolls show us, that the Bible we have today is the same as what they had back then. Please, don't come here saying the church changed the meaning of the Words. If that was the case, it would be front page news today. Yet, no such major discovery has been made. And BTW, if I were an anti-Semite, I never would of had a Jewish best friend. I just agree with the Jewish Scriptures, and sorry to say. God was never impressed with Jewish people. And that is why He scattered them to the ends of the earth.

Last edited by Campbell34; 07-01-2009 at 02:22 PM..

Old 07-01-2009, 02:25 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
It's the God of the Old Testament that tells us the Jews are before Him as an unclean woman. Don't blame Christian translators for Gods clear statements. Jesus said well of the Jews, they have eyes and the see not, and they have ears and they hear not. The Jews have been scattered through out the nations because of their evil. (THIS IS A FACT OF THE BIBLE.) God tells us, He gave them into the hands of their enemies because of their evil. The Jews of the past were wrong, and your own Old Testament tells you that God will return them to the land of Israel in the last days. Yet it clearly tells us, that all the time they wandered they polluted Gods name. It's your own Old Testament that tells you this. Do you just put blinders on and pretend that everything is fine between the Jewish people and God? How long will it take you to wake up? The Dead Sea Scrolls show us, that the Bible we have today is the same as what they had back then. Please, don't come here saying the church changed the meaning of the Words. If that was the case, it would be front page news today. Yet, no such major discovery has been made.

I can't help but hear goose steps.

Look, these statements have been used for a long time by the church and others for their attrocities against Jewish people. I'm not saying you're of that type, but statements such as these are inflammatory and are, IMO, inappropriate. If there is a god, it is between it and them, not people. Humans should not be in the business of speaking for god in, especially, matters such as these. Being a member of the surviving generations of the American Holocaust known as "Manifest Destiny", I take offense to this as the bible and faith were used to justify the decimation of Indian people as well.

Moderator, I think it is time to close this thread.

Last edited by Fullback32; 07-01-2009 at 02:35 PM..

Old 07-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I can't help but hear goose steps.

Look, these statements have been used for a long time by the church and others for their attrocities against Jewish people. I'm not saying you're of that type, but statements such as these are inflammatory and are, IMO, inappropriate. If there is a god, it is between it and them, not people. Humans should not be in the business of speaking for god in, especially, matters such as these. Being a member of the surviving generations of the American Holocaust known as "Manifest Destiny", I take offense to this as the bible and faith were used to justify the decimation of Indian people as well.

Moderator, I think it is time to close this thread.
The reality and Truth of the Old Testament has much to do with why the Jews do not believe the Christian faith. Thats what this thread is about. Now when we get to the meat of the issue, you want to close the thread?
You cannot find the truth by running away from Biblical facts. And the actions of others from the past, should not be an excuse today for ignoring what the God of the Old Testament stated about His chossen people. And let me remind you, the inflammatory statements do not come from me. They come from the God of the Old Testament. I am not here to bash the Jewish people. I myself fully support the state of Israel. I am here to point out what the Old Testament states about God's chosen.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:52 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Jews have been scattered through out the nations because of their evil. (THIS IS A FACT OF THE BIBLE.)
At this point, someone somewhere should be thinking seriously about banning you from C-D. (And the fact that you had a Jewish friend is not a cover story for denying antisemitism).

You have a lot of learning to do in the area of separating what is fact from what you choose to believe.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:17 PM

275 posts, read 707,894 times
Campbell34--

So I am in WV because of my evil??? My family came to this country after many were slaughtered during the Holocaust. So, were they killed because they were evil also??

You are so very anti-Semitic. If you are indeed Jewish, that makes me so very sorry for you. You have not taken pride in your heritage or faith. *sigh* I pray you are just misguided, and truly don't hate your own people.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
At this point, someone somewhere should be thinking seriously about banning you from C-D. (And the fact that you had a Jewish friend is not a cover story for denying antisemitism).

You have a lot of learning to do in the area of separating what is fact from what you choose to believe.

Well, here is a fact from the Bible. Ezekiel chapter 39 verse 23.

And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for (THEIR INIQUITY because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies:

I believe it is you who have a lot to learn. Everything I have stated is clearly spoken of in Scripture. And in reality, I believe it is Gods opinion your really having a problem with. Your upset with me because I have agreed with the God of the Old Testament. Well, the God of the Old Testament is not politically correct, and neither am I. And I believe the Bible is a Book of facts, and that is what I choose to believe. And the topic was. Why do Jews not believe in the Divinity of Christ? So now your talking about banning me, because I pointed out to you Gods opinion and statement ? To come to an understanding of why the Jewish people have not imbraced Christ, it is important to understand what their relationship was with God before Christ appeared.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongirl24 View Post
Campbell34--

So I am in WV because of my evil??? My family came to this country after many were slaughtered during the Holocaust. So, were they killed because they were evil also??

You are so very anti-Semitic. If you are indeed Jewish, that makes me so very sorry for you. You have not taken pride in your heritage or faith. *sigh* I pray you are just misguided, and truly don't hate your own people.
No, I am not anti-Semitic, I just believe the words of the Old Testament God. I am not Jewish, yet I am a big supporter of the State of Israel. Yet that does not mean I have to ignore what the Bible clearly tells us about the Jewish people. If you really intrested in the future of Israel, I would suggest you read Ezekiel chapters 36,37,38,and 39. God has allow the Jewish people to return to Israel to anger the nations. The God of the Bible is going to use the nation of Israel to reveal to the world, and to the Jews who He is. The events to come will be on a greater par then the Children of Israel crossing the Red Sea.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:34 PM

62 posts, read 107,547 times
Jesus said? You really think you can quote Jesus and I am going to accept it? Wow! Yes, I have actually seen the Dead Sea Scrolls, have you? My sister had a professor that translated some of the fragments. And yes, I know that it is the same bible that Jews still use today. I also know that for 2000 years Christians claimed that Jews changed Isaiah, so they were thrilled when the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered, they thought at last Christians can prove their theory about that. Well, imagine their dissappointment when they saw that the version the Jews have had along matched the Dead Sea Scrolls book of Isaiah word for word. BTW, the Scroll of Isaiah is the only fully intact book that was found at Qumran, and it proves that the Jews have been right all along!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality