Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:52 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Most kids are lied to about it until they're six or eight years old. A lie is a lie.

i was one of those children i was realy bumed out when it realy hit me that there was no santa claus.!!!! it was a big blow, i mean it was like getting slammed with a baseball bat..!! well after i found out about the fake santa. i went to bible class when i was about 9 years old, well let me tell ya.!!! it didn't take me long to figure out that all this humbo jumbo about this god that made the whole universe in 6 days?>>was just like the embellished fairy tale about santa claus delivering presents simultaneously to all the good children in the world in one night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 12:49 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,440 times
Why does everyone think people will stop believing in a form of God? We have always believed in a from of God(s) and always will.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:24 PM

397 posts, read 608,350 times
the belief in god has been around for thousands of years, much earlier than the idea of santa clause and the belief in god will be here long after the idea of santa clause dies off

Old 02-23-2011, 06:26 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Then again, there are plenty of people who believe in God, but not Santa Claus. (I should say that I'm Jewish, and even though Santa never came down my chimney with presents, I did see him with my own eyes. One year when I was a kid, my mother took me to Macy's at Herald Square shortly after the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade, and there he was!)

Old 02-25-2011, 01:39 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Then again, there are plenty of people who believe in God, but not Santa Claus. (I should say that I'm Jewish, and even though Santa never came down my chimney with presents, I did see him with my own eyes. One year when I was a kid, my mother took me to Macy's at Herald Square shortly after the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade, and there he was!)
A year or two ago somebody made some toast and when it popped up there was the image of Jesus burnt into one side of the bread. Next thing you know virgins will start giving birth.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:06 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Oh Mel, you old curmudgeon skeptic you! Personally, as a highly spiritual atheist, I have chosen to deny the existence of any convenient deity to explain it all, but I also continue to believe, with all my heart, in Santa. Why not? There's lots more proof of him, just as you've noted: that Macy's guest appearance and all, plus the sooty mess around my fireplace on Christmas Day.

Oh yeah; then there's those inexplicable gifts! It's a miracle for sure! And as a final blessing, he has absolutely nothing to do with those pretentious but predictable seasonal hijacking demands of Christians to claim Christmas as, somehow, theirs alone!

As well, Santa, that lovely rotund old man, unlike God who tries to scare them into submission, makes all kids happy, is based on unconditional love and cheer (we can't actually blame him for Wal-Mart's and other's despicable commercial greed..), and flies in the face of medical science as to the necessity of remaining absolutely slim and fit!

(I'll just bet he also loves, in private of course, Bourbon. I mean, the man's obviously got soul, undeniable fun-filled soul. I wonder if he also loves sushi like I do...)

Old 02-25-2011, 05:20 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Oh Mel, you old curmudgeon skeptic you! Personally, as a highly spiritual atheist, I have chosen to deny the existence of any convenient deity to explain it all, but I also continue to believe, with all my heart, in Santa. Why not? There's lots more proof of him, just as you've noted: that Macy's guest appearance and all, plus the sooty mess around my fireplace on Christmas Day.

Oh yeah; then there's those inexplicable gifts! It's a miracle for sure! And as a final blessing, he has absolutely nothing to do with those pretentious but predictable seasonal hijacking demands of Christians to claim Christmas as, somehow, theirs alone!

As well, Santa, that lovely rotund old man, unlike God who tries to scare them into submission, makes all kids happy, is based on unconditional love and cheer (we can't actually blame him for Wal-Mart's and other's despicable commercial greed..), and flies in the face of medical science as to the necessity of remaining absolutely slim and fit!

(I'll just bet he also loves, in private of course, Bourbon. I mean, the man's obviously got soul, undeniable fun-filled soul. I wonder if he also loves sushi like I do...)
He certainly looks like a "Bon Viveur" to me which would certainly mean the Bourbon might apply... Maybe a Peaty oak aged single malt also... I see him at home with Mrs Klaus smoking a pipe ( I would have said cigar but I loathe the smell...) and reading some gritty novel or concocting some delicious feasts for the Elves.

And yes I think we can assume he loves Sushi, ( living on the North Pole raw fish seems an obvious thing though Sashimi might be more his thing , rice will cost a bit to be imported... though I also see him eating comfort food like Steak and Guiness Pie or rich stews. One does not get such an appealing comfortable girth without a few "Cassoulet" or other foods which stick to your ribs...

How can anyone say Santa does not exist ? Who puts the presents under the Tree pray do tell and who eats those cookies and Bourbon laced Milk ?

The sheer fact that such a robustly built character is able to go down my slim fireplace is proof enough, surely ?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:12 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
"He certainly looks like a "Bon Viveur" to me which would certainly mean the Bourbon might apply... Maybe a Peaty oak aged single malt also... I see him at home with Mrs Klaus smoking a pipe ( I would have said cigar but I loathe the smell...) and reading some gritty novel or concocting some delicious feasts for the Elves.

And yes I think we can assume he loves Sushi, ( living on the North Pole raw fish seems an obvious thing though Sashimi might be more his thing , rice will cost a bit to be imported... though I also see him eating comfort food like Steak and Guiness Pie or rich stews. One does not get such an appealing comfortable girth without a few "Cassoulet" or other foods which stick to your ribs...

How can anyone say Santa does not exist ? Who puts the presents under the Tree pray do tell and who eats those cookies and Bourbon laced Milk ?

The sheer fact that such a robustly built character is able to go down my slim fireplace is proof enough, surely ? ...)

Oh...I have to agree that the ol' elf might find himself needing a little alcoholic bracer and the sushi is a no brainer. I will say that I've never heard of Santa's image appearing on burnt toast!

Last edited by Melvin.George; 02-25-2011 at 06:44 AM..

Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Oh...I have to agree that the ol' elf might find himself needing a little alcoholic bracer and the sushi is a no brainer. I will say that I've never heard of Santa's image appearing on burnt toast!
How about a Jesus Toaster ? For your daily miracle needs...

I once "saw" the Virgin Mary in a popcorn kernel ( with mantel AND baby Jesus if you please, no half miracles for me ) but was not motivated enough to try and sell it. I regret it now having seen some people making a fortune out of religious images in vegetables or bread. There was an Aubergine ( eggplant) fairly recently with the word "Allah" in Arabic apparently...

Who knew God would have such an interest in vegetables and would find it an appropriate way to reach his followers ?

Jesus Toasters | Unique Christmas Gifts | The Kitchen Appliances that make great gag gift ideas, Christmas Gag Gift Toaster, Jesus Loves to Laugh | Funny Gifts from Burnt Impressions | Unusual Gifts from Vermont, Funny Gag Gift for Everyone, Hot Gift

Old 02-26-2011, 12:41 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,298 times
He is always watching
He knows when your good
he knows when you are bad
He will reward the good

-santa/God
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality