Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 11:16 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw him crossing himself shortly afterwards and mumbling somethin' in my general direction. What could he have been saying, Sush?
In his best Church Lady voice, he was intoning "Get thee behind me SATAN!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 11:21 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I go away for 5 or 6 days and it's still a Rant-a-Roo back here on C-D. My absence has cleared my own mind though.

How's it going, C34? A quick question? If your beloved "prophesies" are always in the future, and never come to pass, I suppose you'll always be safe, won't you?

But also, as I said before, and you didn't answer me then either, when a prophesy is scheduled to happen and doesn't, well then, sorry, you don't get to recycle it, now do you? You know, to re-schedule it to a later more convenient venue and time 'cause it didn't happen, now can you? That just looks too danged "convenient".

So, as time and opportunities run out, and these "Nostradamus - like" pseudo-prophesies pass by unaccomplished, they are, sorry, off the books, and thus, logically, eventually there won't be any more available.

(Well, of course, unless some new Wilkersonian writes up a brave new bunch in a best-seller...)

How liberating THAT will be for us all!

Well, it's back to my flying machine for now! Stay cozy and deluded now!
Some of prophecies that I speak of, have been fulfilled in the past, and the present. And they are all occuring when they are suppose to. Israel became a nation in 1948, and according to the Bible, this would happen in the day when the nations of the East would have the ability to raise up an army of 200 million men. China was bragging back in 1960 that they could raise up an army of 200 million men. And they gave the very same number the Bible stated almost 2,000 years before. The Bible stated that Israel would retake Jerusalem (second), which it did in 1967. And again, this was the exact order the Bible stated. Prophecies are occuring, and they are doing this as scheduled. And men such as Wilkerson, are filling in the details of what is to come. I accept what has been predicted, and is factual. God's people, and the Bible have told you what is happening, and what is going to happen. And even when their prophecies are occuring before your eyes, we still have people saying, "they are untrue," even when they are true. Wilkerson told you about the world recession to come, he told you how the priest and minsiters would be exposed for their sexual sins. He told us how the homosexuals would be coming out in large numbers to spread and promote their lifestyle. He told you how peace would come to Eastern Europe, Russia, China, and the United States. And he told us this would come, so the Gospel could be preached to the people behind the Iron curtain countries. He told us that this future economic crash would lead the way to a one world world currency. Which one day would be headed up by the Anti Christ to come. Some of the prophecies I speak of are in the future, yet numerous prophecies I have spoken of, have already occured.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:45 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Speaking of the antichrist, Campbell, have you considered who that could be? After all, he is said to lead by deception and to appear oh so pious. Sound like anyone you know?

Last edited by Arjay51; 02-13-2009 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-13-2009, 11:53 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Some of prophecies that I speak of, have been fulfilled in the past, and the present. And they are all occuring when they are suppose to. Israel became a nation in 1948, and according to the Bible, this would happen in the day when the nations of the East would have the ability to raise up an army of 200 million men. China was bragging back in 1960 that they could raise up an army of 200 million men. And they gave the very same number the Bible stated almost 2,000 years before. The Bible stated that Israel would retake Jerusalem (second), which it did in 1967. And again, this was the exact order the Bible stated. Prophecies are occuring, and they are doing this as scheduled. And men such as Wilkerson, are filling in the details of what is to come. I accept what has been predicted, and is factual. God's people, and the Bible have told you what is happening, and what is going to happen. And even when their prophecies are occuring before your eyes, we still have people saying, "they are untrue," even when they are true. Wilkerson told you about the world recession to come, he told you how the priest and minsiters would be exposed for their sexual sins. He told us how the homosexuals would be coming out in large numbers to spread and promote their lifestyle. He told you how peace would come to Eastern Europe, Russia, China, and the United States. And he told us this would come, so the Gospel could be preached to the people behind the Iron curtain countries. He told us that this future economic crash would lead the way to a one world world currency. Which one day would be headed up by the Anti Christ to come. Some of the prophecies I speak of are in the future, yet numerous prophecies I have spoken of, have already occured.
Do you really think anybody cares about your so-called prophecies except you, you just don't get it do you, nobody cares what your prophesies are about, because nobody believes you or cares about your prophecies, your prophecies are a dime a dozen and if you seem to be so worried about it why don't you go to Israel with the chosen people where you can be saved by your God.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Speaking of the antichrist, Campbell, have you considered who that could be? After all, he is said to lead by deception and to appear oh so pious. Sound like anyone you know?
When I was four years old, I had a vision or a dream of him. He will be someone the people will love, at least in the beginning they will. He will have answers for many of the problems here on earth. And the Bible states that he will have no desire for woman. He will also proclaim Himself God, and will demand all the world to worship him. I believe He is already here, yet the times are not ready for him to take control yet. I feel he is a very young person, yet I believe he will come into power some years down the road.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,059 times
Quote:
When I was four years old, I had a vision or a dream of him. He will be someone the people will love, at least in the beginning they will. He will have answers for many of the problems here on earth. And the Bible states that he will have no desire for woman. He will also proclaim Himself God, and will demand all the world to worship him. I believe He is already here, yet the times are not ready for him to take control yet. I feel he is a very young person, yet I believe he will come into power some years down the road.
That's the problem CB34 - there's not much to go on about the anti-christ if you're looking at the Christian angle except your dream or vision whereas Muslims have at least the Prophet Muhammad to give us some info regarding the coming and the appearance of the anti-christ.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Some of prophecies that I speak of, have been fulfilled in the past, and the present. And they are all occuring when they are suppose to. Some of the prophecies I speak of are in the future, yet numerous prophecies I have spoken of, have already occured.
How about prophecies which should have been fulfilled but were not? Such as the one below :

Paul thought that Jesus was coming soon.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15 According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

They are dead now and the "Lord" did not come back yet.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:55 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,491,697 times
When will people put anti-Christ in its proper historical setting? First of all, there is NO reference to "anti-Christ" in Revelation. There is a beast and a false prophet. References to "anti-Christ are found in John's epistles only.
There he speaks not of an "anti-Christ" but the spirit of "anti-Christ" which was already at work in his day. All who oppose Christ have this "spirit." The beast and the false prophet of the Revelation must be placed in the time frame clearly spelled out by the book itself--that time that was in John's day to come shortly; that time which was then near!

But all futurists refuse to acknowledge the fact that John was clearly given the time frame for all of the prophecies found in the Revelation. He was shown the things which were in his day to shortly take place because the time was then near (Rev. 1:1, 3). He is again told this in chapter 22. Here the angel tells him to NOT seal up the prophecies of the book--why? Because the time was near! Jesus said, "Behold, I am coming soon."

If we do not put books of the Bible in their proper and clear historical settings, we can never expect to correctly understand them. Furthermore, futurists have great trouble seeing the fulfillment of prophecies, therefore, they redefine or ignore plain and clear time statements. The problem is that they come to the Scriptures with their preconceived ideas of the nature of the Lord's return, the resurrection and the judgment. Then, because of their false presuppositions, they cannot see the fulfillments. If the Bible clearly recorded Jesus as saying to His disciples, "I am coming back in A. D. 70," they would still attempt to redefine His words because they would still be unable to "see" the return scenario they have created.

Jesus did not come bodily and visibly (e.g. misinterpretation of Acts 1:7); the resurrection was not the popping up out of graves of rotted bodies (e.g. misinterpretation of 1 Corinthians 15); the judgment was not an end of tme, end of the world, all-inclusive event (e.g. misinterpretation of Matthew 16:27)

Everything falls into place when these events are seen in their proper historical settings and given their proper natures.

Preterist

Old 02-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
That's the problem CB34 - there's not much to go on about the anti-christ if you're looking at the Christian angle except your dream or vision whereas Muslims have at least the Prophet Muhammad to give us some info regarding the coming and the appearance of the anti-christ.
The Bible gives a great deal of information about the anti Christ. I just gave a casual comment. Can you share what the Prophet Muhammad has to say about him? It is my understanding that most prophecy that comes from the Islamic Text was taken from the Bible. And that would make sense, because the Bible was written long before the Prophet Muhammad showed up.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
The Bible gives a great deal of information about the anti Christ. I just gave a casual comment. Can you share what the Prophet Muhammad has to say about him? It is my understanding that most prophecy that comes from the Islamic Text was taken from the Bible. And that would make sense, because the Bible was written long before the Prophet Muhammad showed up.
You see the Quran was sent down to correct the errors/contradictions in the bible caused by human hands as the bible that we know it now was written long after Jesus was no more of this earth.

The Prophet describes him as ‘I have explained Dajjal(anti-christ) to you, but I fear that you might not have understood. Maseeh-ud-Dajjal will be short and his legs will be crooked. The hair on his head will be extremely twisted. He will have one eye, while his other eye will be flat. It will be neither deep, nor protruding.’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality