Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 02:48 AM

15 posts, read 18,349 times

Advertisements

I think everyone would agree that we all have very good imaginations.
As far as 'a common experience' implying that it must be true....then santa clause must be true too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,725,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereElseInND View Post
I think everyone would agree that we all have very good imaginations.
As far as 'a common experience' implying that it must be true....then santa clause must be true too.

Except people haven't belived in santa clause across every culture on the planet for as long as history is recorded. And no one older than 10 actually claims to see santa. And different people who don't know the story of a location and have never met eachother don't give the parallel reports of santa and what he is doing.

And police from multiple agencies don't chase santa across Beligium and Indiana over the couse of a night. And thousands of people don't see Santa slowly floating across Phoenix in a valley-sized sleigh. And hundreds of airline pilots don't report santa buzzing their aircrafts. I could go on and on...

There is something real going on with ghosts and UFOs It is not just a few people with wild imaginations.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:04 AM

6,901 posts, read 6,807,149 times
BUT there are many people able to deny anything that will shake their small world.

Like horses with blinkers, they can only see straight ahead and believe what they are told to believe.

It is the people who are open to the possibility of...... whatever, that do not freak out when the reality comes about. We are being led towards open acknowledgement of water and life on mars/moon etc and once we have that maybe we will also have the fact acknowledged that we are not "alone" too.

There is so much evidence since the dawn of mankind that we have been visited by other beings why don't people just accept it I wonder? If we see a semi-transparent being it could easily be someone/something from a different dimension (ghost/alien/whatever). It is just a matter of what you call 'it'.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 PM

27 posts, read 36,148 times
I saw a ghost when I was 5 years old.

A man was trying to lure me into his car with candy. He held the door open and the candy was on the passenger seat. I was just about the jump in when I heard this woman yelling at me. I looked over the top of the car and there was this old lady who I had never seen before, yelling at me to get away from the bad man and go home to my mother NOW! I was suddenly so scared of the man but I was more scared of her! (She had 2 different coloured eyes, black hair but one thick strand that was completly white. She also had a huge, and I mean huge beauty mark on her cheek. I obeyed and ran home screaming for my mom! I never told my mom what really happened, I only told her that a bad man tried to scare me. That old woman saved me from a predator, I'm sure of it.

Two years later, a distant relative had sent my mom some old family movies from when she was a child. Guess who was in the home movie? The old woman who saved my life. The was no mistake. It was her.

Turns out she was my great grandmother and died before I was born. There wasn't a photo of her in existence and my family NEVER talked about her. She was a bit of an embarrassment (long story) and no one EVER talked about her.

How do ya 'splain that??

Old 07-26-2009, 10:53 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,856,077 times
I see them often. I really thought I was crazy until I started telling people I knew about these spirits, and all these details about them that I felt like I received from the spirits, and it's usually 99% correct. Now I don't think I'm crazy anymore It can be scary sometimes though, since they appear out of nowhere. I tend to see them more if something bad happened in a location.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:54 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,887,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I do believe ghost are demons, and they are here to create a false reality.
The Bible states that when we die we either go to be with the Lord, or to a place of judgement. Demons may appear as departed loved one, or someone who lived in the past, such as a solider from some past war ect. They do this, to convince us that the Bible is untrue. By appearing as a human who is in between worlds, they would have you believe that the Bible was in error when it tells us that the departed go to be with the Lord, or to judgement. Demons also appear as UFOs and other phanomana.
They have been with us since the beginning, and they are here to hurt and deceive us. I do believe God uses angles to protect us from time to time as well. Yet I believe true angles do not deceive us by appearing as a deceased loved one.

Be careful how you entertain strangers, it could be an angel unaware . There are also angels according to this .

There is absolutely poitivily a spirit world . But until you witnes it first hand you won't believe it . I had out of body exeriance 30 yr.s ago . I went somewhere saw what was going on and made my husband take me there, he is a believer now . I've had other experiances too .

Old 07-28-2009, 04:31 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,282,986 times
Yes, I encountered an angel. I took a picture with my camera phone about three years ago, and a face appeared.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:49 AM

33,502 posts, read 36,999,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, I encountered an angel. I took a picture with my camera phone about three years ago, and a face appeared.

Why don't you show me....You know how skeptical I am.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:52 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,282,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why don't you show me....You know how skeptical I am.
If I still had my phone I would, but you being skeptical doesn't bother or surprise me.

The people that I encounter who are skeptical are usually closed minded.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:43 AM

896 posts, read 1,861,232 times
Let's accept (just for the sake of this thread) that human beings have a spirit and that spirit can show itself after the body has died.

Now.. does cloth have a spirit?

If cloth does not have a spirit then these so-called ghosts would be naked.

Anyone ever seen a naked ghost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality