Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 05:35 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,948,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Because the Bible is not the word of God, it is the word of only the men who wrote it.
And how is it, that those men who wrote the Bible could accurately predict the future? How is it, that those men knew that in the lasts days the Jewish people would return from a worldwide exile, and return to the land of Israel, and retake Jerusalem? How is it those men knew that Jerusalems would have a second East Gate added to the orginal Gate, and that Gate would be sealed up till the end of time? If the Bible is not the inspired Word of God, how is it, that those who wrote it knew the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Campbell34, I respect your belief in the Bible up to the parts of the Bible that have caused discrimination, genocide, violence, slavery, child or animal sacrifice, subordination of women, wars, and future wars.
Well I believe you have a rather simplistic way of looking at the Bible. There is much more going on in the Scriptures, and to suggest the Bible is the cause of (all) you have listed is simply not the result of the Bible. The Bible often reports history, and much of that history is based on the actions of man, not God.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:10 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,522,357 times
[quote=Campbell34;7465386]Well, it appears you do not find any evidence credible no matter who presents it /QUOTE]

Sounds an awful lot like a description of Campbell.....

Old 02-15-2009, 02:01 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,939,446 times
The air we breath; the waters and the sun which has faithfully risen and set to sustain mankind for ions of time. The moon which has given light to man for billions of years. These things are undeniable and the word and personification of God or the creator, whichever you prefer.

God or the creator is and was much to busy creating Universes and Galaxies too sit around supervising a bunch of religious fanatics writing a biography about himself (God/The Creator).

Last edited by dorado0359; 02-15-2009 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 02-15-2009, 03:41 PM

[quote=Predos;7476766]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, it appears you do not find any evidence credible no matter who presents it /QUOTE]

Sounds an awful lot like a description of Campbell.....
Well if you recall, Campbell is the one who presents the evidence here. And it is usually the others who refuse to believe it. And they do so, even when the evidence is factual. What has been presented to Campbell is usually assumptions, which I do not see as evidence.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:14 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,522,357 times
[quote=Campbell34;7478469]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post

Well if you recall, Campbell is the one who presents the evidence here. And it is usually the others who refuse to believe it. And they do so, even when the evidence is factual. What has been presented to Campbell is usually assumptions, which I do not see as evidence.

One mans assumptions are another mans evidence. In point of fact, you do not really know the truth about all you spout. The only true way to find out is to die. I assume that you haven't done that yet.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:00 AM

857 posts, read 1,417,869 times
Quote:
And how is it, that those men who wrote the Bible could accurately predict the future? How is it, that those men knew that in the lasts days the Jewish people would return from a worldwide exile, and return to the land of Israel, and retake Jerusalem? How is it those men knew that Jerusalems would have a second East Gate added to the orginal Gate, and that Gate would be sealed up till the end of time? If the Bible is not the inspired Word of God, how is it, that those who wrote it knew the future?
Couldnt u say the Jews did these things because the bible told them to do it? Or in another way, could/would the Jews do these things if the bible did not predict (instruct) them to do it?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:11 PM

[quote=Predos;7485931]
Quote:

One mans assumptions are another mans evidence. In point of fact, you do not really know the truth about all you spout. The only true way to find out is to die. I assume that you haven't done that yet.
The God I pray to has already revealed Himself to me. I need not die first to know Him. God has already given me a small glimpse of Heaven. My God is not just some historical figure, I know Him personally. He is a God of wonder.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:57 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,830,945 times
Question Genesis is where the responsibility for the work is. Yup!

They say that Genesis is where the subject about working and guilt for and against working is discussed. But that's not directly from the word in itself residing there, the way I see it. It would stem from the interpretation of individuals' Vocation in the world. We can be guilty after the fact of achieiving a chosen Vocation or before the Fact of finding out what the calling in our needs for being a fellow citizen is.

So the whole thing of guilt is to the atheist the realizing of a prefered cheating at oneself of how to be guilty, or simply developed to initiative. The world just loves a phony for certain jobs; on the other hand, many jobs like to feel back at the applicant sincere confidence in one's own talents, because that is important to hide in the word of Liking people.

Cain truly wanted to like people, had to hide it to prove that he trusted them for what reason. Abel said he liked people to the satisfaction of everyone and anyone about, but never to the understanding of the applied for employer.

Worth a poem?

Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,830,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
They say that Genesis is where the subject about working and guilt for and against working is discussed. But that's not directly from the word in itself residing there, the way I see it. It would stem from the interpretation of individuals' Vocation in the world.

But I guess the point may be that we really have no vocation at issue froM god above or within our rather personally vain interior of so-called soul. We were supposed to be the internally empty Cain against the sincere God and human trusting Abel. Basically, one knows himself skilled for the fact. The power comes to men scr'wing each other. That's actually being religious.

And consequentially there is no more powerful argumant against the existence of God than that the godhead is always that consequential deicided grace of needing or realizing a vocation. God then may be without a godhead, but then like Zarathustra He would cuss the day he was born for reasons of there always being a more intelligent, a more talented, a more impressive cheater. Being yourself at a job interview is to prove that you really are not wanting the job for the grace of God.

Some people are always what they DO. They are janiters, they are priests, they are bartenders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality