Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:55 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Out of curiosity, would you be willing to concede that maybe--just maybe--Christianity is a religion, and there might be others? Why do you take it for granted that everyone else is wrong (not "saved") and you are right?
in that same vein (curiosity!) the thought strikes me that we are dealing with sort of a vampire creature sucking on the energies of others without being able to convert it into something mutually beneficial.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 09:00 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
All over the earth where the Christian faith is not allow to be preached, non believers who are searching for the real God are finding Him. Muslims are reporting that Jesus Christ is appearing to them in their dreams in the night, and telling them to follw Him. And many Muslims are doing just that while putting their very life in great danger. Consider the link below.

Muslims Encountering YAHUSHUA In Unusual Dreams

I can post links to sites where Christians priests, teachers, scientists, intellects revert to Islam upon discovering and really researching it (after all they are the sort who do not just revert or accept a religion without rigorous researching.. but i think it will just become like a table-tennis game...

Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
I can post links to sites where Christians priests, teachers, scientists, intellects revert to Islam upon discovering and really researching it (after all they are the sort who do not just revert or accept a religion without rigorous researching.. but i think it will just become like a table-tennis game...
for crying out loud! softball perhaps..

Old 03-08-2009, 09:54 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
And can you link us to a post were Christian are now following the Muslim faith, because Allah appeared to them in a dream? And are Christians all over the earth by the thousands giving their life to Allah because he is appearing in their dreams? I guess that fact went right over your head. My post is pointing out, that it is Jesus Christ Himself that is appearing to these people. This is not about what some believe because of personal study, this is about a real God, who actually is appearing to thousands around the world.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,596 times
In the Bible Hosea 4:6 states: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

So without knowing God people will suffer.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,596 times
Before God made all creation he knew all of us and who is going to have their name in the book of life is predestined Nothing happens in this world by coincidence although we have the freedom of choice God has given us The Lord knows what will happen in our life before it happens he knows what test we will fail what trials we will endure. In the end of days the Bible states all nations will know him. Don't doubt God we all have the ability to receive messages in dreams some just choose not to listen.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:17 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
Well If my "find loopholes in the bible" lessons of sunday school were of use, death itself absolves us from our sins and thus no one goes to hell.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:24 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
I think we need to re-evangelize Hong Kong and the rest of Asia, "again"

Old 04-28-2009, 04:41 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And can you link us to a post were Christian are now following the Muslim faith, because Allah appeared to them in a dream? And are Christians all over the earth by the thousands giving their life to Allah because he is appearing in their dreams? I guess that fact went right over your head. My post is pointing out, that it is Jesus Christ Himself that is appearing to these people. This is not about what some believe because of personal study, this is about a real God, who actually is appearing to thousands around the world.
I guess then you for consistencies sake will say a person who converts to Christianity via study is not a valid conversion. Right?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:50 PM

133 posts, read 276,174 times
If you ask me anyone that believes in God will go to heaven regardless of religion. I even believe atheists will go to heaven. They are God's people too. No reason to send them to hell for there right to believe what they want. The only type of person that would go to hell is a "hitler" type person who has commited mass crimes against God's people.

So to answer your question, I truly believe anyone goes to heaven regardless of there religious beliefs. This, as stated above, include atheists or people that have never had the chance to hear God's word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality