Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:44 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carico View Post
Wrong. Genesis 2:7 explains how God created man and it wasn't from the womb of an ape or unknown animal. Evolution is not only a lie, it's an embarrassing lie which would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic that people buy anything someone with a Ph.d. says. Then they all look foolish when they later have to admit how wrong they were.
But the bible itself is a book of myths, woven from only the barest hint of fact here and there (like certain cities and people actually existed). You can't point to the bible as verification of creation, or to debunk evolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
what "evidence" are you pointing to? If anything, I should be the one lecturing you on ignoring evidence. There is an embarrassing lack of evidence for evolution. The best you've got is that all the different species kind of look like each other. I call that evidence for design.
You really, really, REALLY need to update your education. You're stuck back in the 1950s.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:19 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
You really, really, REALLY need to update your education. You're stuck back in the 1950s.

Ya know....us "cree-ay-shun-ists" keep hearing we're ignorant fools but you smarty-pants type folks just haven't really given us any real evidence yet.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Ya know....us "cree-ay-shun-ists" keep hearing we're ignorant fools but you smarty-pants type folks just haven't really given us any real evidence yet.
I rest my case.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:07 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
I rest my case.

what case? You have yet to present one.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
what case? You have yet to present one.
You're rehashing the same old thing you have in many other threads. Go re-read them and you'll have your answer, if you actually care to pay attention to what we say, and not just stomp your little feet and parrot the same old things over and over again.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:16 AM

42 posts, read 64,616 times
Quote:
But the bible itself is a book of myths, woven from only the barest hint of fact here and there (like certain cities and people actually existed). You can't point to the bible as verification of creation, or to debunk evolution.

So please tell us the real history of the Jews. Oh, I forgot, atheists are in the business of inventing a history of their imaginations. Let's see, so far you have new tribes of cavemen, which no one in history can verify, an ice age or several of them which no one in history can verify, an earth being created out of an explosion which no one in history even thought of, much less can verify. So scientists are the fathers of myths.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
So please tell us the real history of the Jews. Oh, I forgot, atheists are in the business of inventing a history of their imaginations.
No, we believe things that have evidence, facts, and scientific proofs.

Quote:
Let's see, so far you have new tribes of cavemen, which no one in history can verify, an ice age or several of them which no one in history can verify,
Say what? Are you not aware that ice ages can be scientifically proven? Oooh, that's right. You don't believe in science. Gotcha.

Quote:
an earth being created out of an explosion which no one in history even thought of, much less can verify.
Instead, we have earth being created by a mythical being who snapped his fingers and poofed it into existence. Or any of the other thousands of creation myths that exist, all of them equally amusing and equally preposterous. Atheists don't claim to have all the answers. What we DO though, is depend on facts, science, evidence, et cetera rather than magic.

Quote:
So scientists are the fathers of myths.
Right. Because there's absolutely no evidence for anything in the scientific world. You remember that next time you get sick and need to go to the hospital, or the next time you pick up your cell phone or watch your television or drive your car or go to the optometrist or dentist.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:37 AM

244 posts, read 298,935 times
Default The Beginning of the End

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Day That Never Comes View Post
I think Evolution & Intelligent Design are both real and go hand and hand. God created what we know. He put the cycle in motion and then evolution took its course. Its all part of Gods plan. I will never understand the arguments for one and against the other when it is so clear to me that they work together.
So now God gets to take credit for evolution. Perfect. Can anyone please explain why it is so incredibly important that there has to be a reason for life? I don't need it explained to me why people wonder about this. It is natural, I understand that. I began to wonder many years ago. But why must people have to have some tidy explanation for them to feel safe?

I understand that this is just a conversation, and I appreciate that and am also thankful that those people who need to continue to wonder need a place to do it. But I am coming to my wits end. It is becoming much more important to me to understand people, not their opinion of God.

Are you angry that this is all we get? Are you unsatisfied with this place and need the hope of heaven to feel good about why you are unsatisfied? Are you weak and can't wait to destroy and murder if you find out that there is no "force" to keep you in line? Should we homogenize the entire world so that you can feel safe traveling in it? What is it, please? I want to understand the need for God.

I guess I have to get over myself and understand that I was born into a time of spiritual immaturity. I can't be angry about that. Okay, I was off balance there for a minute. I'm feeling better now.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:41 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,033 times
Quote:
So please tell us the real history of the Jews. Oh, I forgot, atheists are in the business of inventing a history of their imaginations. Let's see, so far you have new tribes of cavemen, which no one in history can verify, an ice age or several of them which no one in history can verify, an earth being created out of an explosion which no one in history even thought of, much less can verify. So scientists are the fathers of myths.
HAHAHA oh that is hilarious, i needed a good laugh, thanks Carico. U want to talk about Inventing a history while defending religion ?? What do u mean by no one in history can verify, we have found fossil records, that is proof. The ice ages are verified by taking core samples from the earth which show variations that led to a hypothesis of multiple ice ages, its a thory and they are working on finding further proof, which is way more than the religious people r doing.

we have way more proof for our "invented" history then u have for any of your religious version of history... a garden of eden, all mankind springing from 2 people, the entire earth being flooded while managing to get every single species from the smallest bug to the largest mammal onto a single boat that was hand made.. or r we picking and choosing r parts of the bible as science keeps proving it to be more and more rediculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality