Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 08:30 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
If you scratch just a hair beneath the surface of these absurd beliefs, you find a soggy piece of crumbling cardboard holding them up. Come on people. It's the 21st century. Get beyond the fear and the need to psychologically structure your consciousness in good versus evil. Such psychologies create notions of Satan versus God in the royal rumble and create wars between religions and races and any other situation where you can create an "us versus them" dichotomy.

Time to grow up and see the universe as One.

Never a truer paragraph!
It's AMAZING what abject fear of death and final judgement retribution will do to otherwise normal folk.

But, of course, you, Bluefly, are surely an agent of dah debil! (Don't worry; you can come over to my place any time, we'll paint our bodies blue, drink firewater and dance around Satan's bonfire...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 09:14 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
^^
You think I haven't heard that before? Every time I try to engage conservative Christians in a conversation I get told I've been deceived by the Devil.

It's a brilliant strategy - anyone who disagrees with you can be written off as controlled by a big flaming mythological monster with horns. Sounds so Lord of the Rings or Ancient Greek circa 2000 B.C., but it keeps one from ever having to think. So, I guess it does its job.

Ironically enough - I recently learned that this much touted antichrist is prophesized to bring 1,000 years of peace!

Perhaps we should see what this guy's selling before we push him out the door...

Old 02-26-2009, 09:22 PM

428 posts, read 800,394 times
Exclamation Hold the Phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evets View Post
Yes it's a complete turnaround, before my chance encounter with the evil person I had beleived the traditonal view that if the weather was controlled supernaturally that it would be Christ doing it not the devil.

However, I was shown that the devil exists here and then different supernatural phenomenon from possession to the control of digital technology and even the weather and ufo's. They are all certainly in his control.

I have ended up figuring out what to my understanding few people in the world understand if any. I would have liked to get in touch with some people that already had a basic understanding of the devil and discussed theories, and who could do something beneficial with the knowledge once they understood it.

We as a race are so blind because in the beginning GOD said Let there be light and there was light and ..since calvary (i think) .. now it is the devil who has that power within our earthly realm. There are alot of people needlessly chasing ufo's !
Okay, you cannot be for real. You seriously think that all digital technology is controlled by the devil? Then what the heck are you doing on a COMPUTER?

Old 02-27-2009, 05:17 AM

72 posts, read 105,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Okay, you cannot be for real. You seriously think that all digital technology is controlled by the devil? Then what the heck are you doing on a COMPUTER?

Well he is obviouslly so ?infiltrated into everything? I don't think a menonite could be completely free of the devils footprint. By digital technology i really meant in this instance that it was his choice to put the 666 on my licencse. I didnt mean it is evil to use a computer.

I can understand it's difficult to beleive that the weather is supernatural and then also say it is 666 but like I said, I know it is. I had a person come into my home become possessed and cast down lightning and thunder from the sky to the ground in front of my eyes. The person appeared normal and then just really fast flicked there arm towards the window and up to the sky and there was a direct lightning strike to the ground. Needless to say I've been a little lost as just what to do.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:29 AM

428 posts, read 800,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evets View Post
Well he is obviouslly so ?infiltrated into everything? I don't think a menonite could be completely free of the devils footprint. By digital technology i really meant in this instance that it was his choice to put the 666 on my licencse. I didnt mean it is evil to use a computer.

I can understand it's difficult to beleive that the weather is supernatural and then also say it is 666 but like I said, I know it is. I had a person come into my home become possessed and cast down lightning and thunder from the sky to the ground in front of my eyes. The person appeared normal and then just really fast flicked there arm towards the window and up to the sky and there was a direct lightning strike to the ground. Needless to say I've been a little lost as just what to do.
Okay I'm not trying to be rude but seriously are you for real? This kinda sounds like a joke.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:57 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
I don't think having 666 on your license is "evidence" that the "Devil" controls digital technology. That wouldn't pass any sort of scientific inquiry.

The person striking lightning down is rather interesting, though I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was the Devil. Lord knows powerful shamans, mystics, and Jedi (hehe) possess powers to influence the weather with their minds.

There have been repeated accounts of Native American shamans, for example, able to stand on the edge of their town or village and actually split tornadoes heading right at them, sending the tornados around and protecting the people.

Other than the lightning strike, did the person have a history of metaphysical powers? Did the person demonstrate any other signs that they were "possessed"? What did he/she say after the incident? Was s/he conscious of what they did?

just curious.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:28 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Here's an empowering thought, don't let a fictional character to ruin your day!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,851,249 times
My thought is why give evil the power to control you? You, by God's given right, have the choice to believe what you may and the ability to act upon such choice.
I was raised Christian, on the Bible. Never once was I told that the Devil had control over me or anything around me (including technology). I am sad this believe that the Devil is in control was drummed into your life so strongly. Appearently, you have chosen to obey the fear of 'satan' instead of the Love and Life God has given. This doesnt' mean you are an evil person but you allow 'satan' to hold such a frim grasp in your life that you chose to see him ( his symbols) everywhere.
God granted his Children, us, the freedom to chose. the freedom to chose good over evil, black or darkness over light or white, even gave us the freedom to chose His love or not. How can you turn you head away from God and chose to allow evil to put fear in you life?
Yet I know you chose to believe in such evil entity because you have not be able to rationalize the idea God would 'allow' horrible events to take place. Like the Holocaust is too massive of an event in history for many to wrap the brains around and have chosen to say it never happened, it is highly possible that you are unable to wrap your brain around a Loving God that 'allows' atrocities to happen even in your own life.
Think upon this for even reference to the negitive ( evil ) that you are taught, how many positives ( good ) are you taught. I have found that churchs who preach so much on the evils life has, rarely preach sole on Gods love.
Evil is a way to control, evil sells, keeps them in thier seat and bring money forth. To many churches want to conrtol thier congregation instead of guide with Gods love.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:44 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
"Evets." Isn't that "Steve" spelled backwards? Apparently Satan has twisted him all around.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:06 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
Fred314X wrote:
Quote:
"Evets." Isn't that "Steve" spelled backwards? Apparently Satan has twisted him all around.
That's very observant. My name is Bob so Satan has no power over me because it spells the same way no matter how you look at it.
I'm going to be very careful on this thread because it's quite possible that satan might control the digital nature of the internet and be set free to wreak havoc on those who don't believe he's real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality