Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:50 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
God resembles a corrupt politician or even a dictator.
If you analyze politicians (and dictators) you will find that god has similar characteristics.
God
-above all, demands loyalty, gratitude, and obedience.
-praises himself for being powerful, good, just, etc.
-threatens to punish all skeptics and those who criticize him.
-condemns critics without giving them a chance (fair trial) to defend themselves.
-is elusive and not available to answer hard questions about his accountability.
-makes great promises, but it's highly doubtful if they will be fulfilled.
-blames all problems and evil on his opponent.
-says he cares about your situation, but, other than words, nothing will change.
-don't open your mouth unless it's to praise him.
If you ask me, I'd say god is merely the scapegoat for a bunch of "men of god" who more closely resemble corrupt politicians or dictators.

Why are you so mad at a concept but not the real life people who take advantage of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 09:35 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason11 View Post
why is it people that dont follow god want to blame him when something goes rong. but do they praise him when something goes right?? if you can critasie something u must be able to credit it as well. we all have issues n problems i for 1 am a christaian n do struggle with day to day life. but ive seen the great things god has dun in my life n people around me. i praise him when times are good n praise him for when times are tuff. when are u going to realise we do not live in a perfect world. this world is what u make of it. evil is around us. its god who will take us through it.

People who don't follow God neither praise nor blame him, seeing as how they don't believe in him to begin with.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
People who don't follow God neither praise nor blame him, seeing as how they don't believe in him to begin with.
AMEN...metaphorically speaking of course .

Old 04-13-2010, 10:45 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
If you analyze politicians (and dictators) you will find that god has similar characteristics.
God
-condemns critics without giving them a chance (fair trial) to defend themselves.
-is elusive and not available to answer hard questions about his accountability.
-says he cares about your situation, but, other than words, nothing will change.
Can you give references? Are you talking about the God found in the Christian Bible or some other God. Or an idea of God in your own head?

Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Can you give references? Are you talking about the God found in the Christian Bible or some other God. Or an idea of God in your own head?
John 14:
6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. EXTREME EGOTISTICAL ARROGANCE

John 3:18
"He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already. MORE ARROGANCE AND EXTREMELY SELF CENTERED

Mat 13:41-42
"The Son of Man shall send out His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who do iniquity, and shall cast them into a furnace of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." CRUELTY, NO TOLERANCE OF ANYTHING EXCEPT HIS OWN WILL

Revelations 22:13
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." MORE EXTREME SUPERIORITY..."MY WAY OR THE HIWAY"

Old 04-13-2010, 05:23 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,941 times
In my variant. God appears in the night from great horror... Prepare an aspen kol and garlic?)))

Old 04-14-2010, 06:13 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
God
'he' is far worse than any corrupt politician (mere amateurs), or even a dictator, including the worst of the worst, Hitler, Mussolini, Genghis Khan, etc. combined. No one else has killed by drowning 99.99999% of all life on the planet, doomed untold numbers to eternal torture, and for such trivial matters as not paying homage to 'him'.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:01 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
God
thats only if you beleive the lie-what if He's not all that and actually its someone who loves you more than anyone can-He's just waiting for us all to suss it-bye the way dont quote any bible stuffat me to use against me because i dont beleive in the bible only the good part's that Jesus thought...some of it got thruogh-the rest could be emporer constantine's work for all i know....dont beleive the lie----if God's character is not to the standard of pure transcendental goodness then i dont think its God your even talking about its just some immaginary freind so using the word God is innapropriete to your OP-if you are tryin to make a dig at the missinterpreted butchered bible God then realize that that's just it a missinterpreted misrepresented expansion of God-bye the way He has innumerable forms so which one were you talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality