Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:42 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times

Advertisements

Oakback wrote:
Quote:
and there will be no building code violations
Well that's good, somehow it wouldn't seem like heaven if there were a bunch of shacks with beat up cars on blocks in the front yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 03:50 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Oakback wrote:

Well that's good, somehow it wouldn't seem like heaven if there were a bunch of shacks with beat up cars on blocks in the front yard.
On the other hand, you may just have described someone's idea of heaven. Not mine, but I'm sure somebody out there is fairly drooling at the prospect of walking outside their shack and seeing a beat-up car sitting on blocks...forever and ever.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:08 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Oakback wrote:

You might be a redneck if...........Jeff Foxworthy's idea of heaven...

Old 02-21-2009, 12:56 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,059 times
In heaven, men will be the the height of Adam which is roughly abut 90 ft tall. Each when let into heaven will know instinctively where his own mansion is located since we were originally from this area code.

There will be different levels of heaven depending on a person's state of submission to God during his all-too-brief stay on earth. Time is no longer a factor. One may for example gaze at a beautiful flower for years and years without feeling the effects. A person will still enjoy eating and drinking but without the after-effects of eating ie no going to the toilet etc because in heaven only allows purity and puking etc is definately not that. He will also go around visiting his neighbours, social life thus exists in heaven only without the negativity of gossip, bitching etc etc. Phsyical relationships between spouses still occur. After all if we are meant to be purely spiritual, we might as well be angels, who are created from light and do not eat or drink etc and totally obedient to God. We are not.
Purity in heaven is very important so that is why unless one is totally flawless like the prophets or their close companions/followers, one will have to be cleansed of one's impurities/sins through the only way possible ie thru hellfire. Once the person is cleansed only then will he be allowed entry into heaven to abide for eternity

Old 03-08-2009, 04:40 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
There's a detailed physical description of heaven which is called New Jerusalem in Revelations 21. It will be surrounded by a square shaped wall which is about 1500 miles on each side as well as 1500 miles high which will be made of pure jasper. The city itself will be constructed of pure gold, including the streets which are described as transparent as glass. There will also be twelve large gates, each made from a single pearl (that would take an extremely large oyster to produce such a pearl ) and the foundations of the wall will be adorned with every jewel. So basically heaven would make the most opulent building that exists today look like a dog house.
This appears to be much different from the spiritual realm that many people think of when they imagine heaven because it's being described as a physical city that is constructed of the most precious materials that are known to man. And given the fact that streets and wall are discussed it would lead you to believe that the occupants of these fancy digs will be living in buildings. Also, if the outer walls are 1500 miles high then maybe these buildings are gold skyscrapers. Anyway, the Bible does paint a picture of a very spectacular heaven. So for those who believe in heaven believe they're going to be spending eternity in a pure gold condominium? That's how it sounds but what do you think?
I have a question correct me if I'm wrong. But from what I read from another post, you don't believe in God. But it seems that you are always asking or concerned about the things of God, the same God that you don't believe in.

I was just wondering.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:52 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
shawn_2828 wrote:
Quote:
I have a question correct me if I'm wrong. But from what I read from another post, you don't believe in God. But it seems that you are always asking or concerned about the things of God, the same God that you don't believe in.

I was just wondering.
Yes, you're correct, I don't believe in God. Because this is a forum in which believers and nonbelievers engage in conversations with each other regarding our differences I often ask a question from the perspective of a believer. What I'm trying to do is to present a Christian or religious point of view and then ask questions about it in an attempt to clarify or sometimes debate certain things that I either don't understand or that I disagree with. Of course the believers do the same thing when they're addressing a particular atheist point of view that they don't agree with. I see the purpose of this forum as a place to debate religious and philosophical issues and that's basically what I'm trying to do.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
shawn_2828 wrote:

Yes, you're correct, I don't believe in God. Because this is a forum in which believers and nonbelievers engage in conversations with each other regarding our differences I often ask a question from the perspective of a believer. What I'm trying to do is to present a Christian or religious point of view and then ask questions about it in an attempt to clarify or sometimes debate certain things that I either don't understand or that I disagree with. Of course the believers do the same thing when they're addressing a particular atheist point of view that they don't agree with. I see the purpose of this forum as a place to debate religious and philosophical issues and that's basically what I'm trying to do.
ok I was just wondering.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:37 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Isn't heaven just a state of mind?

Old 03-08-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
There's a detailed physical description of heaven which is called New Jerusalem in Revelations 21. It will be surrounded by a square shaped wall which is about 1500 miles on each side as well as 1500 miles high which will be made of pure jasper. The city itself will be constructed of pure gold, including the streets which are described as transparent as glass. There will also be twelve large gates, each made from a single pearl (that would take an extremely large oyster to produce such a pearl ) and the foundations of the wall will be adorned with every jewel. So basically heaven would make the most opulent building that exists today look like a dog house.
This appears to be much different from the spiritual realm that many people think of when they imagine heaven because it's being described as a physical city that is constructed of the most precious materials that are known to man. And given the fact that streets and wall are discussed it would lead you to believe that the occupants of these fancy digs will be living in buildings. Also, if the outer walls are 1500 miles high then maybe these buildings are gold skyscrapers. Anyway, the Bible does paint a picture of a very spectacular heaven. So for those who believe in heaven believe they're going to be spending eternity in a pure gold condominium? That's how it sounds but what do you think?
Oh Ok, now I understand. I thought your questions were kind of odd or strange. I mean Heaven is more than a building. When Jesus comes back and destroy evil and its works. Every knee shall bow before Him, even nonbelievers. Jesus Kingdom will be established.

Here are some of the things that will be happening:
1. Our earth, as we know it now, and our atmospheric heaven will pass away. In its place, we will be getting a new earth and a new atmospheric heaven. There will no longer be any seas. 2/3 of the earth is water. With all of the sea waters being taken out, we will have more land space in which to accommodate everyone.

2. There will no longer be any night. It will be daylight all the time. There will no longer be any sun or moon to shine their light. The Bible says that we will no longer have any need of the sun or the moon because the glory of God will now be illuminating the earth!

3. There will no longer be any more death in any way, shape or form. The curse of Adam and Eve will have finally been broken and done away with. In the Millennium Kingdom, as good as it is going to be, there is still going to be physical death for those humans who survive the Tribulation and enter into it physically. Though many of them will live long lives, they are still going to have to physically die.
In addition to any kind of death being taken out, there will also be no more pain since we will all have new spiritual glorified bodies. The Bible says that all sorrow, pain, crying and death will be taken away. Every tear will be wiped away. There will be no more sickness or disease! Our new spiritual glorified bodies will no longer age, corrupt, die or be subject to any kind of illness or disease.

4. All things will be made brand new. I don't think our imaginations can even begin to conjure up or imagine what this verse is trying to tell us.

5. God the Father Himself will now be coming down to our earth to live and dwell with all of us forever and ever. The Bible says that we will no longer need the temple that will be in Jerusalem in the Millennium Kingdom. The Bible says that both God the Father and Jesus Christ will now be the Temple Themselves! The Bible says that the tabernacle of God will now be with men, that we will dwell with Him, that we will be His people, and that He will be our God forever and ever.

6. In the Millennium Kingdom, Jesus will be ruling this earth from the city of Jerusalem. It will be God's capital. However, in the New Heaven and New Earth, we will be getting a New Jerusalem.
The Bible says that this new city will be like a square. It's length will be as great as its width. Bible Scholars feel that this city may literally be 1500 miles wide. It will be huge! This new city of Jerusalem will literally be descending down from Heaven itself. This brand new city will be coming directly from God.
The Bible says that its walls are constructed of jasper and the city will be pure

like clear glass. It says that the foundations of the walls will be adorned with all kinds of precious - the first foundation being jasper, the second foundation being sapphire, the third foundation being chalcedony and the fourth foundation being emerald, etc. The Bible goes on to state that there are 12 of these foundations and that each foundation is made with a different beautiful element. This is all described in Revelation 21:19-20.

There will be 12 gates with each of the gates being made of solid. The streets of this city will be pure gold. Each of the 12 gates will have an angel on it. There will 3 gates each to the north, south, east and west.

Since all of the bad and unsaved people will have already been taken out, there will be nothing left that will be able enter into this holy city that will defile it or cause any type of abomination to occur in it. As a result, the gates to this city will always be open for all to enter in at anytime.
Now here are the Scripture verses specifically telling us all of this.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:05 PM

598 posts, read 916,961 times
Where are the virgins in heaven?!

Religious enticements have to vary by people -- different people are interested in different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality