Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 10:28 AM

605 posts, read 1,107,891 times

Advertisements

Mindless babbling begins:

I've grown to be a storyteller. I also love history which means I also love perspective. Of course I throw up a few threads to the delight of some and the chagrin of others that deal with historical matters. I just live for the stuff. In fact, watching History International right now about ancient prophets and prophecies.

Anyway, I'm thinking about making a career/hobby change into the world of film making. What better way to tell stories? So over the past few days while I have been thinking about this change and the possibilities, I had a few dreams. While reflecting on one of them, it occurred to me how amazing the human mind is. When we dream, each of us becomes a film maker. We become producer, director, screen writer and even actors in our own films of the mind. It could be a horror flick, humanitarian, adventure, drama. Our minds sometimes produces characters we have never seen or puts in a setting that could be familiar or maybe not. Our characters act naturally and they speak entire dialogs effortlessly.

I just found the whole epiphany amazing.

Mindless, totally disjointed babbling ends.

I think I need to go back to sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 10:40 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,434 times
I had a weird dream last night. I dreamed that I had an old pickup modded out completely steampunk. How weird is that? I'm not even into the steampunk genre. I do have to say it was pretty cool though.

And this comment has absolutely nothing to do with religion or philosophy. :P

Old 02-20-2009, 10:47 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
I had a weird dream last night. I dreamed that I had an old pickup modded out completely steampunk. How weird is that? I'm not even into the steampunk genre. I do have to say it was pretty cool though.

Isn't that funny, just reading your post, there is this hummmmm having really nothing to do ...

but wait! stupid of me, huh

Old 02-20-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:

That's cool. Maybe this thread should be about dreams, even weird ones. What they have to do with religion or philosophy is anyone's guess but I'm sure someone could spin an explanation. lol

Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
Isn't that funny, just reading your post, there is this hummmmm having really nothing to do ...

but wait! stupid of me, huh
No, no...I meant MY post in response to your OP has nothing philosophical or religious about it. I wasn't bagging on your musing idea.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
No, no...I meant MY post in response to your OP has nothing philosophical or religious about it. I wasn't bagging on your musing idea.
i'm not the bag lady, just in case ...

Old 02-20-2009, 02:48 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
My dreams never cease to amaze me. Usually they tend to ramble and not make sense but every once in awhile I have one that is very coherent, vivid and if I could transfer it to film as it appears in my mind I'm quite sure I'd be a very rich person. I do think it might be possible in the distant future to actually record a persons dreams complete with all of the senses of vision and sound if we could create a physical link that could somehow connect with the subconscious mind and download that information into a computer. This is going to sound dumb but I remember once when I was a kid and I had a dream with an advertisement in it. It was an ad for Hamm's beer which had a bear in it that was a kind of cartoon character that used to be on tv when I was young and somehow it ended up in the middle of a dream. I was a strange kid though.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
My dreams never cease to amaze me. Usually they tend to ramble and not make sense but every once in awhile I have one that is very coherent, vivid and if I could transfer it to film as it appears in my mind I'm quite sure I'd be a very rich person. I do think it might be possible in the distant future to actually record a persons dreams complete with all of the senses of vision and sound if we could create a physical link that could somehow connect with the subconscious mind and download that information into a computer. This is going to sound dumb but I remember once when I was a kid and I had a dream with an advertisement in it. It was an ad for Hamm's beer which had a bear in it that was a kind of cartoon character that used to be on tv when I was young and somehow it ended up in the middle of a dream. I was a strange kid though.
You need sleep too, sir.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:48 PM

598 posts, read 917,329 times
Colorful lives give ingredients to dream art works; dull lives gives ingredients to dull brains.

Some center their lives around one thing only -- that is dull. They may not know it, and may even consider it as the only "meaningful" life.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Colorful lives give ingredients to dream art works; dull lives gives ingredients to dull brains.

Some center their lives around one thing only -- that is dull. They may not know it, and may even consider it as the only "meaningful" life.

my dear, i hope you know how colourful poverty can be!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality