Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:51 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I had the most incredible experience yesterday. In the morning the phone rang. It was satan. He told me he'd like to meet me and asked if I'd like to bowl a few games. I was quite surprised but I agreed to meet him at a local bowling alley. I arrived a short time later and entered the bowling alley. I didn't see him at first but then I turned around and he was standing right in front of me. He was dressed all in black like Johnny Cash and had a certain swagger about him. He was tall and pale but seemed quite friendly. I felt very awkward at first and rather self conscious throwing a bowling ball in front of satan. He was just the opposite and was very confident and definitely had charisma and a sense of style. He had a strike everytime he threw the ball and the pins flew like they'd been hit with a baseball bat. My bowling skills were embarrassing to say the least. At one point when I was trying to make a spare with two pins standing the ball slid between them, missing both of them. I said "Oh, Jesus" and as I turned around satan's eyes glowed red and a shadow passed across his face. I realized I'd said the wrong thing and mumbled "sorry" and then he seemed ok.
After we'd bowled a couple of games a group of spectators formed behind us. At first they were awed by seeing two perfect games and then they realized who they were watching and they just gazed in wonder. We played two more games so satan ended up with four perfect games. My score was pitiful and I only had a total of 666 points for all four of them added together.
At that point people started approaching satan to get autographs. He knew everyone's name and everything about them. As he signed autographs he was very witty and quite humorous. Then he did an imitation of some of the scenes from The Exorcist and he turned his head completely around in a circle. The crowd was cheering in amazement. I tell ya, the man's a riot!
Later, after the crowd thinned out, satan said "Oh, I've got something for you" and he touched the top of my head with his finger. I felt a strange burning sensation for a second or two and he offered no explanation. Then satan said he had some other appointments but we'd meet again someday and suddenly he was gone.
This morning I woke up and I examined my scalp where satan had touched me. There's three 6's that are clearly visible and they look like a birthmark. I'm not sure what that means exactly, I guess it's a little souvenir or something.
Well, it was quite an experience and now I'm wondering if satan is getting a bad rap. He seemed like such a nice guy. Has anyone else met satan or have any experiences to share?
I'm alittle confused but maybe I'm wrong. You believe in satan, but don't believe in God. That is a question. I was just wondering, from another post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 07:02 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I'm alittle confused but maybe I'm wrong. You believe in satan, but don't believe in God. That is a question. I was just wondering, from another post.

as i am struggling with my english, may i have this clarified once and for all, or are there some clear and decent synonyms available for one's intent?

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ri...t-potatoes.pdf

Old 02-21-2009, 07:06 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
as i am struggling with my english, may i have this clarified once and for all, or are there some clear and decent synonyms available for one's intent?

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ri...t-potatoes.pdf
What you provided seemed rather pointless!!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:08 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
I don't necessarily agree with the spelling police, but lier, versus liar is pretty basic stuff, if you want to get your point across as someone that is somewhat intelligent at least do a spell check.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
What you provided seemed rather pointless!!!!
before you came on the scene and the hot potatoes, tx.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:12 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Dang, this just re-enforces my opinion that Mark Twain did indeed meet with Satan, t'was where he got the material for his "Letters from Earth" in these letters, Satan is nothing like the christers picture him to be, he was humorous, intelligent, caring, and downright observant. Somehow, I had always suspected that he (satan) had gotten a bum rap, historically speaking. Now I gotta go back and re-read my Twain, it is always a pleasure to read intelligent writers.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I don't necessarily agree with the spelling police, but lier, versus liar is pretty basic stuff, if you want to get your point across as someone that is somewhat intelligent at least do a spell check.
investing in a reasonable dictionary is also a good idea.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Dang, this just re-enforces my opinion that Mark Twain did indeed meet with Satan, t'was where he got the material for his "Letters from Earth" in these letters, Satan is nothing like the christers picture him to be, he was humorous, intelligent, caring, and downright observant. Somehow, I had always suspected that he (satan) had gotten a bum rap, historically speaking. Now I gotta go back and re-read my Twain, it is always a pleasure to read intelligent writers.

naw, Dusty, ever heard of PISA? it's really none of my business, but just came to mind.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:29 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Yes, I did. Satan had four perfect games of 300 each and I lost pathetically with a total score for the four games of 666. Sadly, I see this thread going the way of the buffalo, I was just trying to be humorous and I've obviously been a total failure.
Oh, I wouldn't call it a total failure. It'll be just like a group of kids playing "telephone." It will take on a life of its own, and by the time you wake up tomorrow morning and log onto C-D, it will be involving a discussion you could never have imagined.

Three cheers for the internet, I say! And an extra huzzah for the concept of bowling with Satan.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:04 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,129 times
If you run into him again, tell him not to waste his time bowling when he could be making a cool 18+ MIL a year.
He needs to apply to be the next Baseball Commissioner -- judging by the criteria these days, he's perfectly qualified!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality