Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 02:09 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Agreed.

It does'nt take an intellectual genius to look up Biblical words in Hebrew and Greek Lexicons and meanings of words in Bible Dictionaries.
"Bible Dictionaries" how would you know those definitions to be true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 02:46 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Historical discovery is showng us that God did split the Red Sea, and destroyed Pharoahs army. And as evidence, we have a wealth of human and horse remains that are coral incrusted, and numerous chariot wheels and other artifacts that divers are now uncovering. And I should also mention, other non Biblical writings chisled in ancient stone have been found in the same area that support the Biblical account. [
And this in spite of the best, most revered scholars of the bible not even agreeing on where this happened? Or even the actual meaning of the words translated as Red Sea?

This is quite a stretch, even for you.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:47 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Too bad all the "evidence" is faked and fraudulent.
Could you present your evidence that would confirm your statement?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
And this in spite of the best, most revered scholars of the bible not even agreeing on where this happened? Or even the actual meaning of the words translated as Red Sea?

This is quite a stretch, even for you.
The orginal site where some Bible scholars spoke of as being the Red Sea Crossing Site did not match the Biblical account. There were no high mountains that the Bible clearly spoke of that blocked the passage of Egypt's army. Also, there is no historical evidence that was ever uncovered there to suggest the event ever happened. And the site that has now been uncovered has two red Granit Pillars on oppsite shores that were placed there 3,000 years ago marking the site. And between the pillars is where divers are finding all the coral incrusted artifacts. It would be quite a stretch to ignore this kind of evidence. And only those who do not want to believe the Biblical account would do so. Two expeditions have been there already, and both of them have confirmed the reality of this site.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:38 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Could you present your evidence that would confirm your statement?
It is up to you to present valid evidence supporting your statement, but I will not accept biased evidence.
But none the less... Wyatt Archaeological Research Fraud Documentation

Ron Wyatt, who has been telling his tales of discovering Noah's Ark, the chariots of Pharaoh, the pillars of Solomon, the true Mt. Sinai, the tomb of the Patriarchs, Sodom & Gomorrah, the place of Christ's crucifixion, and the Ark of the Covenant for many years, has been documented as an archaeological fraud. Both former "friends" as well as professional archaeologists in his own denomination (Seventh- Day Adventist) have published detailed refutations of all of his "discoveries." Rather than go into such details here we refer those interested in the documentation against Wyatt to request a free packet of papers by archaeologists in Wyatt's denomination from: Dr. David Merling, Associate Director & Curator, Institute of Archaeology, Horn Archaeological Museum, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0990.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:46 PM

1,577 posts, read 3,698,972 times
Quote:
I believe everything in the Bible has happened, or will happen. And considering the truth of the prophecies, why would anyone think other wise?
So we can really hear snakes talk in human language? (Is that parceltongue -- Harry Potter)

And we can really create human females from a man's rib?? Wow.

Half the guys here are gonna go donate a rib to get a chick now lol

Old 03-08-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It is up to you to present valid evidence supporting your statement, but I will not accept biased evidence.
But none the less... Wyatt Archaeological Research Fraud Documentation

Ron Wyatt, who has been telling his tales of discovering Noah's Ark, the chariots of Pharaoh, the pillars of Solomon, the true Mt. Sinai, the tomb of the Patriarchs, Sodom & Gomorrah, the place of Christ's crucifixion, and the Ark of the Covenant for many years, has been documented as an archaeological fraud. Both former "friends" as well as professional archaeologists in his own denomination (Seventh- Day Adventist) have published detailed refutations of all of his "discoveries." Rather than go into such details here we refer those interested in the documentation against Wyatt to request a free packet of papers by archaeologists in Wyatt's denomination from: Dr. David Merling, Associate Director & Curator, Institute of Archaeology, Horn Archaeological Museum, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0990.
I have heard all of this before, and I do believe that his belief that he discovered Noahs Ark would be a mistake, there were other claims he made that I would not agree with as well. Yet it would be a mistake to suggest everything he presented to us was fake. And of all the discoveries, Mt. Sinia, and the Red Sea Crossing site have been verfied by others. So this is pretty much were I would differ. I got the feeling as I followed his activities, especially as he got older that he was really losing it near the end of his life. And sad to say, some of his first findings have been questioned because of his strange behaviour later on, which is kind of a shame. Yet the ones I do believe in, I do so because of what others have confirmed.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
So we can really hear snakes talk in human language? (Is that parceltongue -- Harry Potter)

And we can really create human females from a man's rib?? Wow.

Half the guys here are gonna go donate a rib to get a chick now lol
I really believe God put such stories in the Bible, so unbelievers would use them to help justify their unbelief. Do you really believe God could create the universe, yet would be unable to create a talking snake? We know some birds can speak. Yet there are those in isolated places in the world, who would call you a liar, especially if you tried to convince them that such a thing were possible.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:17 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
There was no talking snake - the Serpent is a reference to 'the Satan' one of God's creations who rebeled and decieved mankind.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:33 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
I really believe God put such stories in the Bible, so unbelievers would use them to help justify their unbelief. Do you really believe God could create the universe, yet would be unable to create a talking snake? We know some birds can speak. Yet there are those in isolated places in the world, who would call you a liar, especially if you tried to convince them that such a thing were possible.
Because some birds can speak, you think snakes can talk? Let's hope politicians don't get wind of this, as that would be one hell of a pork project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality