Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:22 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,126,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
How anyone can believe that truth is relative and that opposite belief systems can lead to the same thing boggles the mind.
Hey man, instead of writing out these short little one sentence responses, why don't you explain yourself in greater detail? Take a paragraph or two to make your point and fully explain yourself.

It looks like you are just taking little jabs at me. And what you are saying is not useful to constructive debate at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,713,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
How anyone can believe that truth is relative and that opposite belief systems can lead to the same thing boggles the mind.
It is quite easy . . . reality is what it is and has consequences. Each individual's truth on the other hand is a human evaluation of what that reality is . . . that may or may not correspond to it at all. But whether it does or not has NO EFFECT on the reality . . . it still is what it is. My extensive research and experiences have convinced me that Jesus's consciousness (as a human) is that reality and since His consciousness is part of human consciousness . . . He has now connected all human consciousness to God consciousness. Someone had to do it or we were all destined to separation from God. Since the fact that He eliminated that separation . . . it is now the reality . . . (as best I can determine it) . . . the issues of what people think about that are irrelevant. BELIEF is a "state of mind" . . . not some proclamation. If our consciousness attains a "state of mind" in "love of God" (HOWEVER we define that . . . because there's ONLY ONE) "and each other" . . . it will resonate with Jesus's consciousness and unconditional love for God and us. If we do not acquire this "love of God and each other" . . . we will fail . . . NO MATTER WHAT we profess to believe or think. That's how.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is quite easy . . . reality is what it is and has consequences. Each individual's truth on the other hand is a human evaluation of what that reality is . . . that may or may not correspond to it at all. But whether it does or not has NO EFFECT on the reality . . . it still is what it is. My extensive research and experiences have convinced me that Jesus's consciousness (as a human) is that reality and He since His consciousness is part of human consciousness . . . He has now connected all human consciousness to God consciousness. Someone had to do it or we were all destined to separation from God. Since the fact that He eliminated that separation is now the reality . . . as best I could determine it . . . the issues of what people think about that are irrelevant. BELIEF is a "state of mind" . . . not some proclamation. If our consciousness attains a "state of mind" in "love of God" (HOWEVER we define that . . . because there's ONLY ONE) "and each other" . . . it will resonate with Jesus's consciousness and unconditional love for God and us. If we do not acquire this "love of God and each other" . . . we will fail . . . NO MATTER WHAT we profess to believe or think. That's how.

Why would someone have to connect all of mankinds consciousness to Gods consciousness? You keep on saying this but you never say why.

It's just your opinion huh?

And you talk about how all Christians resonate with true God consciousness. But I dont see it. There are constant squables within Christianity, different sects hate each other, people within the churches fight each other. Christians and Muslem hate each other and are escalating the tension......

Is this God consciousness? I don't think so.

What makes you think Jesus is the one that has this God consciousness? Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism are religions that all have hundreds of millions of followers. What make Christianity superior to these? You talk about spiritual fossils, well, Buddhism, Hiduism and Islam have a TON of fossils. What's wrong with these?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Why would someone have to connect all of mankinds consciousness to Gods consciousness? You keep on saying this but you never say why.
Why else would we be producing consciousness . . . if it wasn't to propagate the consciousness that establishes the universal field that defines our universe and reality. That field has to come from somewhere . . . and if everything we know about reality is true . . . it reproduces somehow. Since everything is vibratory energy . . . the only way to propagate is by producing resonant consciousness. Since evolution seems to be the dominant method . . . that consciousness must evolve within each species capable of producing it until it attains resonance.
Quote:
It's just your opinion huh?
It is my educated and informed conclusion . . . but you can consider it opinion.
Quote:
And you talk about how all Christians resonate with true God consciousness. But I dont see it. There are constant squables within Christianity, different sects hate each other, people within the churches fight each other. Christians and Muslem hate each other and are escalating the tension......
I made no such assertions . . . in fact my efforts are targeted to stop the bickering and primitive understanding among religions that is preventing the very resonance with Christ consciousness that all Christians SHOULD be producing in "love of God and each other." They clearly are not all doing so.
Quote:
What makes you think Jesus is the one that has this God consciousness? Islam, Buddhism and Hinduism are religions that all have hundreds of millions of followers.What make Christianity superior to these? You talk about spiritual fossils, well, Buddhism, Hiduism and Islam have a TON of fossils. What's wrong with these?
I investigated all the possible sources for the "love, acceptance and oneness" of the consciousness I encounter in meditation. NONE of them qualified . . . even Buddha expected a perfect successor . . . the Maitreya . . . I believe that is Jesus.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:50 AM

double post.....

Old 04-07-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Why else would we be producing consciousness . . . if it wasn't to propagate the consciousness that establishes the universal field that defines our universe and reality. That field has to come from somewhere . . . and if everything we know about reality is true . . . it reproduces somehow. Since everything is vibratory energy . . . the only way to propagate is by producing resonant consciousness. Since evolution seems to be the dominant method . . . that consciousness must evolve within each species capable of producing it until it attains resonance. It is my educated and informed conclusion . . . but you can consider it opinion. I made no such assertions . . . in fact my efforts are targeted to stop the bickering and primitive understanding among religions that is preventing the very resonance with Christ consciousness that all Christians SHOULD be producing in "love of God and each other." They clearly are not all doing so.I investigated all the possible sources for the "love, acceptance and oneness" of the consciousness I encounter in meditation. NONE of them qualified . . . even Buddha expected a perfect successor . . . the Maitreya . . . I believe that is Jesus.
Okay. Go back over this post and you will see that it is all your opinion, or your educated guess. None of it is fact, and most people would disagree with this stuff.

These ideas that you have are very interesting, they are intelligent and original. And you are entitled to believe all this for sure. But as an intelligent man, can you not see the flaws and imperfections in these theories???

You should just open your mind and be humble enough to accept that although your theories are interesting and provocative, they are far, far from being solid truth. You seem to really believe that these ideas are of the ultimate importance, but they need some work.

It seems as though some people desire to explain everything. Why not just accept the great mystery?

Old 04-07-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Okay. Go back over this post and you will see that it is all your opinion, or your educated guess. None of it is fact, and most people would disagree with this stuff.

These ideas that you have are very interesting, they are intelligent and original. And you are entitled to believe all this for sure. But as an intelligent man, can you not see the flaws and imperfections in these theories???
The existence of a universal field that establishes the parameters and "laws" of our universe is incontrovertible. I know of no other possible candidate field that we would not have already been able to detect . . . if it were measurable. The only other field that exists and is unmeasurable is the one within which our consciousness exists. Connect the dots. For ME . . . my direct experience of this universal consciousness makes it a slam dunk. For anyone else . . . I suppose it is just the only possible candidate so far.
Quote:
You should just open your mind and be humble enough to accept that although your theories are interesting and provocative, they are far, far from being solid truth. You seem to really believe that these ideas are of the ultimate importance, but they need some work.
I leave that to you youngsters . . . I am re-tired.
Quote:
It seems as though some people desire to explain everything. Why not just accept the great mystery?
Curiosity has always been one of my defining characteristics.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
The existence of a universal field that establishes the parameters and "laws" of our universe is incontrovertible. I know of no other possible candidate field that we would not have already been able to detect . . . if it were measurable. The only other field that exists and is unmeasurable is the one within which our consciousness exists. Connect the dots. For ME . . . my direct experience of this universal consciousness makes it a slam dunk. For anyone else . . . I suppose it is just the only possible candidate so far. I leave that to you youngsters . . . I am re-tired.Curiosity has always been one of my defining characteristics.
Well then this theory is good for you. I just hope you will realize that this is your personal belief and you should not try to apply it to others.

We should all find our own path, just like you have done, but not push it on anyone else.

Fight ignorance and share love, but when it comes to beliefs about God. It's up to each individual to find his own path with heart.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:56 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,947,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiike View Post
both of you dont realize something very very important. You cannot have peace where religion is. History has proved this many times round. Religion is the problem. It manages to undermine many aspects of human nature while also taking the mickey out of other peoples beliefs. I cannot understand how people believe in religion but thats another forum. Without religion we would all be better off. Please use logic and reason not made up junk.
Of course you would state the Bible is made up junk, only because you know nothing about the Bible. How do you know it is made up?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:57 PM

2,046 posts, read 918,106 times
Quote:
I agree, this change will not come in the form of a law. It will come as mankind goes through a paradigm shift as we enter into this futuristic time. It will not be a law, it will be a spiritual awakening.
Absolutely - I don't know that it could happen any other way. That was actually my point; that your examples were remedied only because laws were passed to change the situations, and since we can't ever pass a law that would stop religious bigotry, I don't see us ever achieving this spiritual awakening. You can't really have a paradigm shift without discussion and since people can't seem to discuss anything which involves differing opinions without getting angry and defensive, how can we ever have this shift? I hate to sound pessimistic because I'd love to see an end to religious intolerance; it would most certainly bring about more peace in the world. But, this has been going on since the beginning of time and I am afraid it will go on until the end. I won't give up hope, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality